• Published 14th Apr 2013
  • 1,166 Views, 13 Comments

Hasbro/Square Enix Kingdom Hearts Days of a Nopony - SonictheHedgepony



As Twilight Sparkle's Nopony works for the New Organization XIII, she comes across a startling revelation that changes her forever.

  • ...
13
 13
 1,166

Day 1-Prologue

Typical Heartless, unconsciously gathering hearts. The unlimited power of the Keyblade expels those hearts. They wonder the darkness, untrained and unrestrained... until they combine to form Kingdom Hearts. When that moment comes, we can have what we wished for all along: a chance for a better life.

Day 1-Prologue

I remembered those words like they were part of some school mission. I was part of a group of mysterious missionaries known as the New Organization XIII, and our group consists of, you guessed it, thirteen members. I was the thirteenth member, the last to be inducted into this second incarnation of this group, in which the last Organization disbanded for, as our leader told us, reasons. I thought about these words as I was sitting on the edge of a clock tower in a place known as Twilight Town, where the town is small, but it's sunsets are breathtaking. I was sitting right beside my new friend Discord, who is a bizarre creature known as a draconequus, who when I first met him, looked quite like a mish-mash. But when I saw his kindness, I pretty much accepted him for who he is, though he can surprise me at times. He told me that the reason he's part of our fold is because he was accused of a horrible thing he didn't commit, and he escaped here to start a new life.

"Moondancer," Discord said to me. Moondancer is my name, just so you know. "Are you certain you don't have a heart?"

"I'm not sure," I responded to him. "I mean, I can't really... just look inside myself. But I'm wondering... if there's something in there-- within us-- then we would actually have it, right?"

"I think that's good enough," said Discord, giving me a treat. That treat was sea-salt ice cream, a brand of ice cream that is very sweet and very salty, and it feels like I had it before somehow. But I brushed it off as I was looking back at the other members of our number. Number I, our leader, is Vanitas. Number II is King Sombra, the king of a wonderful empire before he was usurped. Number III is Diamond Tiara, a little filly who, despite her cute size, is rather spoiled. Numbers IV, V, and VI are the Diamond Dogs, a group of dogs who hunt gems. Number VII, the second-in-command, is Queen Chrysalis, Queen of the Changelings so to speak. Number VIII is, of course, Discord. Number IX is Prince Blueblood, a handsome prince who had his eye on a glamorous pony, but things didn't go so well. Number X is the Great and Powerful Trixie, a traveling magician who she says has conquered an Ursa Major. Number XI is Garble, the leader of a group of rebellious dragons. Number XII is Gilda, a griffon who had a cool friend once but had a falling-out.

Then there's Number XIII, which is, you guessed it, me. And if you're wondering why I'm even in this, I didn't really have much of a choice. The day I was "born," I was standing at the gate of an old mansion, which I guess must be abandoned and condemned, because the gate was chained up and locked up, with no key to unlock it. I was wondering what I should do until I saw an egg-shaped burst of energy emerge before me, and out of it was a cloaked figure who approached me and just stood there.

"You're searching for answers," he finally said to me. Then, with a wave of his hand, he projected a name before me, even though it's in backwards, I knew that the name was read as TWILIGHT SPARKLE. I didn't know if it was my name or not or somepony else's but before I had the time, he just continued talking. "I can give you the purpose you're looking for." He then twirled the letters around me until with a small burst of light they were instantly replaced with new letters which arranged themselves to form the name I would later read out.

"'MOONDANCER,'" I read out loud.

"That's correct," the figure said. "The brand new you." He then removed his hood and I saw he looked like a teenager. "My name is Vanitas, and I'm Number I of the New Organizaton XIII and you are Number XIII. I'll give you some time to explore your surroundings, to get better acquainted with your new life. When you're ready, go to the Castle That Never Was in the World That Never Was and we'll give you the welcome you deserve." As soon as he left, I went into the town, where three kids passed by me eating sea-salt ice cream, like I was invisible to them. However, I was greeted by Discord who led me to the clock tower with sea-salt ice cream and a cloak similar to the ones that the Organization is required to wear to protect ourselves from the darkness that we travel through. This is one moment I'll never forget. Apparently, Discord knew what I was thinking, because he gave a slight chuckle.

"Ha, I missed that day," said a nostalgic Discord. "Still have it memorized?"

"Well, yeah," I said.

"Good," he said in response. "It's just, the day we met, when you received your name, you and I sat right here, just like right now, and watched the sun set."

"Yeah," I said. "That was a great first time. I just hope I can remember things like this forever."

"I know," said Discord. After that, we just sat there watching that sun set, eating what's left of our ice cream before it was time for us to go, back to our mission with the Organization.

Author's Note:

I know what you're thinking, but it was hard trying to find the right characters for Vanitas' Organization XIII, but it was the only best I could come up with, but don't worry, some of these members won't stick around the Organization for long. I hope you enjoy this story.