• Published 14th Apr 2013
  • 1,168 Views, 13 Comments

Hasbro/Square Enix Kingdom Hearts Days of a Nopony - SonictheHedgepony



As Twilight Sparkle's Nopony works for the New Organization XIII, she comes across a startling revelation that changes her forever.

  • ...
13
 13
 1,168

Day 22-Departure

Day 22-Departure

Over the next week, I have started to get the hang of this mission business. I was accompanied by other members of our team to help me out. I know it was a pain to not work with Discord, especially after he gave me those kind words that we're friends. Luckily, I kept my promise to him and every day after work, we met up on the clock tower and enjoy a tasty bar of sea-salt ice cream, watching the sun set. I would like to talk about Discord's life before joining the Organization, but every time I do, he always brushes it off. I can clearly see that whatever happened to his life, it must have traumatized him to the point that he won't even speak to me unless I mention something else, like our work. Discord would even ask me about my life before being recruited, yet I told him that I don't remember much. Either way, those are moments we may treasure forever.

After waking up, I approached Queen Chrysalis for my daily mission assignment and told me that I was to destroy a Heartless known as a Guardian and my partner was, of course, Discord. I was glad that I finally get to work with Discord again, because not only are we working together again, we also don't have time to wait for each other to show up on the clock tower. After accepting my mission, we went to Twilight Town to take on the day and the mission.

"Alright, let's finish this quickly so we can chillax," said Discord. "You told me our goal is to destroy a Guardian, right?" I was somehow confused by what he was talking about that I nearly questioned him until I realized what he was talking about.

"Yeah, I think so," I simply replied. Discord turned to me to see me staring out into the distance. He must have heard my weak response, because he gave out a slight sigh.

"You are such a zombie pony. You want to hang out at the clock tower while I make some heads roll? Get your head in the game, alright?" I ignored the fact that he called me a zombie pony again that we just continued with our time. I know he can be a joker at times, especially when he uses his magic to do feats physically impossible, but ever since the time we spend together, I have gotten used to it. After we walked into a sandlot, we saw a large Heartless appear in front of us, and we knew at once what it was. "There you are, Guardian." He then used his magic to summon his Keyblade, which has features that reflect solely on him. "Alright, Moondancer, let's raise some hell! Just keep your head on the Guardian."

"Right!" I then summoned my own Keyblade, which has features that don't reflect on me, like my white mane mane and tail with purple streaks or my pink coat. My Keychain doesn't even have my cutie mark, just a magenta star with five smaller stars around it. But either way, we used our Keyblades to hack away at the Guardian and slash him into oblivion, releasing its heart so it can be with Kingdom Hearts.

"You know something, Moondancer?" I turned to face him to see what it was. "You've become quite an expert after just two weeks. Ready to hang out?"

***

Of course, we went to the clock tower so we can have ice cream and watch the sun set into the horizon. After a while, Discord gave a depressed sigh.

"I think I'll miss the ice cream hangout we have together," he said out loud. I was starting to get worried by what he meant.

"Why?" It was the only question I can ask in such shock. Discord gave another depressed sigh.

"I'm gonna be gone tomorrow." I suddenly became disappointed that he won't be hanging out with me anymore, but Discord gave out a kind and emphatic smile. "But since you're my friend, I'll tell you personally. I'm going to be at the Everfree Forest for a bit."

"What's that?" I was confused by this place, but because it has "forest" in the name, I suspect he's going to a location within the woods, like how I was "born" near the gates of an old mansion in the forest outside of Twilight Town.

"The Everfree Forest is a haunted forest located in the magical land of Equestria," he explained. "Within the woods are the remains of an old castle that was once the home of two regal alicorn sisters, which the Organization uses as a spare base. Got it memorized?" Of course, I would remember this piece of information.

"Yeah, it's just that I wish others told me about such things like this." Discord then looked out into the sunset and promptly got up.

"Anyway, I'm gonna get ready for my departure. Take your time to return." After he left, I munched on my ice cream until it was all gone, and when I looked closely at the stick, I saw it had the words WINNER written on it, and it had the twinkling star with the smaller stars next to it, like my Keychain. I don't know what I've "won," but I'll ask Discord before he leaves tomorrow.

Author's Note:

I'm surprised that I would make Discord return to Equestria, especially now that he's a fugitive of harmony. But, this trip is more than meets the eye...