• Published 14th Apr 2013
  • 1,168 Views, 13 Comments

Hasbro/Square Enix Kingdom Hearts Days of a Nopony - SonictheHedgepony



As Twilight Sparkle's Nopony works for the New Organization XIII, she comes across a startling revelation that changes her forever.

  • ...
13
 13
 1,168

Day 175-Remembrance

Day 175-Rememberance

The Elements of Harmony having failed to activate, Discord skated off on the soapy roads while Twilight's now fully-corrupted friends parted ways, with Twilight herself losing all faith in her friends, her body losing all of its color in the process. Upset by the injustice of it all, she shed a single tear, which ran down her cheek and hit the ground, forming a cracked heart upon impact.

***

For three weeks, Solaris was asleep while I lay freshly regenerated apples by her side, hoping she would awaken soon. As I was about to leave after laying a freshly renewed apple by her, I saw her eyes open wide and suddenly jump out of bed, surprising even myself.

"Morning," I simply said. I was waiting for my heart to stop racing so I can speak calmly.

"Morning..." Solaris repeated.

"You nearly scared me."

"Sorry about that." She then turned to see my pile of apples for her. "You brought those for me?" I saw her levitate one close to her mouth and took a big bite, making a relieved sound upon tasting it.

"You like it?"

"Yeah, even after all this time, they still look and taste good." I decided to keep how I kept them fresh a secret. "How long was I out?"

"Three weeks."

"You waited THAT long?"

"Of course. Me and Discord wanted to make sure you were alright." I then saw her face fall.

"I'm sorry I put you through all that. It's actually weird that we can feel like this, given the fact that we're Noponies." I understood what she meant. Ever since those images of the lavender unicorn kept flashing through my mind, I also began to have these strange feelings, even at the worst of events. I then saw Solaris wonder something. "Shouldn't you do some work?"

"I was just about to depart."

"Can I go, too?" I can see she was eager to get back in the field, but I began to worry again, which was slightly annoying.

"Don't you want to rest some more?"

"I think three weeks is more than enough rest. Let's just go." Again, she had a good point. You always need enough sleep in order to have enough energy for the day.

"Alright. Come on." We walked together to the Grey Area, where upon arriving, we saw Queen Chrysalis walk towards us. I was still resentful to when she insulted Solaris when the news about her condition broke out. I could see she felt weak against the Queen, so I placed a hoof in front of her.

"So, it awakened," said Chrysalis, again igniting by bitter rage when she called her an "it." "There's just no stopping you, is there?"

"Your Highness, I want to go on a mission with Moondancer today," said Solaris, her voice shaking in nervousness.

"The only place you're going to is your room." My anger was about to snap again when I saw Discord walk in.

"Morning, Solaris!" said Discord. It's great that you're out of bed."

"Morning, Discord," said Solaris.

"Moondancer will be with Discord today," the Queen said to Solaris. "Solaris, I'm afraid you're not on the signup sheet."

"You can't keep me here forever," said Solaris, her voice having taken a brave resolve. "I need to do my part for our group."

"I'll keep an eye on her," assured Discord. "I'll make sure she'll have no trouble at all." Chrysalis pondered what Discord just said and simply turned around.

"Very well then," she said. "Go, if it's all right with you." We then saw her walk away, my anger between her dying out. I was glad that not only do I get to work with both Solaris and Discord, that after our mission, we can go to the clock tower with ice cream together.

***

After taking our mission, which is in Twilight Town (highly a coincidence, since we're going to hang out here afterward), we took a Corridor of Darkness straight to the world.

"Isn't this awesome, teaming up like this?" asked Solaris.

"Yeah," I agreed. "I think this is the first time that I had two partners."

"Don't get too excited," warned Discord. "We still have our priorities."

"We know," said Solaris. "I'm just glad that I get to work again."

"Again, don't push the envelope too far. We'll pick up on what you've been missing." With that in mind, we began our mission, which is to destroy two giant Heartless. After successfully dispatching a Heat Saber, which was one of our targets, we went to the station plaza where I heard a slight thud on the ground. When I turned around, it was Solaris who fell.

"Solaris!" I was so worried about her, I just don't know what to do.

***

After seeing a lying Applejack, a bitter Pinkie Pie, a hoarding Rarity, a rude Fluttershy, and an unloyal Rainbow Dash desert her, Twilight simply lost all faith in her friends in her friends, her lavender coat losing all of its color in the process.

"With friends like you, who needs...enemies...?" Twilight said while her color faded away.

***

As I saw her in her comatose state, I saw our final target, the Destroyer appear before me.

"I'll be with Solaris," Discord assured me. "Just take out the target." With that in mind, I took on the Destroyer and killed it single-hoofedly. After our mission was complete, I ran towards Solaris, who was still sleeping and cradled into Discord.

"Twilight Sparkle..." I heard Solaris mutter, which I saw Discord raise his head in response. I don't know what she's talking about, but I still want her to be alright, so I shrugged it off for now.

"It's alright," Discord said. "She's not hurt."

"But Discord--" I was cut off.

"Let's RTC, m'kay?" I felt disappointed upon hearing that we won't be able to hang on the clock tower, having ice cream and watch the sun set, but we have to take care of Solaris, of course.

***

As they returned to the Castle That Never Was, they were greeted by Queen Chrysalis, and Moondancer knew what would happen next as her horn began to glow.

"Well, there's a shocker," the Queen said. "Did it malfunction again?" As she said this, Moondancer's horn began to glow brighter as her anger continued boiling.

"Dammit!" shouted Moondancer. "She's not an 'it!'" I was about to snap when Discord kept walking with Solaris in his arms and turned towards Chrysalis with Moondancer trailing behind.

"Shut the hell up," Discord told the Queen. As they left, Chrysalis turned to them.

"You're different..." she said. "Something about those ponies have caused you to become who you're not meant to be. Do your antics from before mean nothing anymore?"

***

As me and Discord saw Solaris lie in bed, I started to have concerns again.

"Are you worried, Discord?" I asked.

"Well, of course," Discord simply said.

"Well, that's something." His comment appeared to lift my spirits a little.

"What ever do you mean?"

"You don't like what'll happen later." I then saw Discord looking away, wondering about something, and then turned back towards me.

"Moondancer...I meet you two for ice cream after work, right? Now, why do I do that with you?"

"What do you mean?"

"Just think for a moment. I don't have to go out of my way, right?"

"Not really, no."

"Do you why why I do that?" I just didn't respond as he continued talking. "Because you're my best friends. Us three...we can never be torn apart."

"Really?"

"Yeah--just get it memorized. And you know? Best friends are willing to handle what the future may hold." I thought over what he just said and realized that if we always stick together, nothing will ever happen to us.

"You know, you're right!" We then heard a chuckle and turned to see it come from Solaris, discovering that she just awakened.

"Thanks, Discord," she said. "You're very kind."

"Are you alright?" I asked her, wondering if she had any more signs of fatigue.

"I was only woozy. Sorry to trouble you."

"Well, try not to freak us out like that again, alright?" asked Discord.

"Okay," said Solaris.

"And take it easy tomorrow."

"I will. Thanks." I know that after Discord and Solaris' assurances, I know things will be alright from now on.

***

Having altered the cutie marks and destinies of her friends, Twilight retreated to her room and thought about how her friends swaps would affect their lives, as well as everypony else. Not knowing what to do, she buried her face into her forelegs and began weeping, with Spike hoping to console her some way. Upon seeing him pat her, she raised her head to reveal her tears streaming down her eyes.

"Oh, Spike, what have I done?" she asked Spike, although it's very clear about what she had done.