• Published 14th Apr 2013
  • 1,168 Views, 13 Comments

Hasbro/Square Enix Kingdom Hearts Days of a Nopony - SonictheHedgepony



As Twilight Sparkle's Nopony works for the New Organization XIII, she comes across a startling revelation that changes her forever.

  • ...
13
 13
 1,168

Day 126-The Moon

Day 126-The Moon

The mysterious figure was standing on the tallest tower in Canterlot as it looked back on her battle with Solaris. After it noticed some storm clouds arranged in a quilt-like pattern, it removed its hood to reveal itself as Princess Luna, letting her dark mane, glittering with moon and stardust, flow naturally in the breeze.

"I hope she knows what she's doing," Luna wondered to herself.

***

This morning, as I made my way to the Grey Area, I heard a familiar voice that sounded desperate.

"Can I at least have another opportunity?" I turned around to see Solaris begging to Queen Chrysalis, but in vain.

"There's no way you're repeating the same mistake twice," said the Queen coldly. "You're a mistake Lord Vanitas never should have decided on." She then walked off, and I approached her, hoping to console her in some way. When she turned to face me, I can see her eyes were already overflowing with tears. She then ran off so I won't see her crying. I don't know what happened, but I know that she'll tell me when she's ready.

When I accepted my mission today, which is to exterminate a Heartless known as an Avalanche, I traveled to Twilight Town near the clock tower. As I looked up, I saw a white figure at the top, and recognizing who it was, I went up to see Solaris, with her mane blowing in the gentle breeze and her wings spread out.

"Solaris!" I said, breaking her gaze from the town.

"Moondancer, shouldn't you be on your mission?" she asked.

"Yeah, my mission is in Twilight Town."

"Me too..." I was surprised we're on separate missions in the same world, but I saw her trail off. Hopefully, she's ready to talk to me about what happened. "Look, I'm sorry I ran off on you this morning."

"It's alright." Even though it was sad to see her run off, I thought it would help sort out her emotions.

"It's just... I failed a mission." I was surprised that she failed a mission for the Organization, in fact, you can't even fail at a mission. "I was supposed to apprehend someone pretending to be one of us, but I couldn't defeat her. Queen Chrysalis was so angry at my failure, she called me a 'mistake.'" I remember the conversation between them, so I kept my mouth shut.

"I'm sorry about it, then." I figured apologizing would help cheer her up, which worked.

"It's cool. That royal pain can say whatever, but I can handle it." I was surprised to hear her insult Queen Chrysalis, but I kept my assurance for Solaris. I decided to cheer her up in order to help her get some closure, so I got an idea.

"How about we work together?" It was some time since we worked together, and I saw a look of confusion on her face.

"How do we do that?"

"We combine our mission into one big mission. If we partner up, we'll cut our work time in half." Solaris thought this through and she turned to me with a smile lit up on her face.

"Let's do it!" I knew that if we do this, we'll have more time for ice cream. After doing Solaris' mission, which was to gather Organization emblems to help test our capabilities for upcoming missions, we faced the Avalanche and destroyed it, setting its heart free. With both of our missions out of the way, we got our ice cream and took our places on the clock tower, however Discord hasn't shown up yet.

"I think we got finished TOO early, eh?" I chuckled. I hoped Solaris would join in my laughter, but she didn't. I saw her stare at her ice cream as she appeared to be remembering something...

***

Solaris remembered how she was assigned a mission to take out an impostor of the Organization, and upon finding her, she engaged in a fight with the impostor, however she didn't expect to find the impostor wielding a Keyblade, and quickly knocked her to the ground and the tip of her Keyblade hitting the hard ground. As the impostor walked towards the incapacitated alicorn, the impostor removed her hood as the figure removed her own to reveal herself as Princess Luna. Upon looking at her face, she was suddenly taken aback by her appearance and used her wings to fly backwards.

"Your face..." she said as she was remembering who the face belonged to. "Who are you? And why do you have the legendary Keyblade." Solaris threw her hood back up over her head as she struggled to stand up.

"I'd like to tell you," said Solaris. "But you tell me why you're wearing our coat." Luna turned around to walk towards Solaris' Keyblade.

"To ensure my sister's most faithful student realizes her true destiny." She then used her magic to lift Solaris' Keyblade out of the ground. "I don't know who you really are. But... you can't fight fire with fire. This Keyblade, it's a fraud--useless." She then tossed her Keyblade toward Solaris, but didn't use her magic to catch it.

"My Keyblade's not useless! Why the hell would you say such a thing?" Solaris was so angry, she regained control of her Keyblade and charged at her. Just as she was about to deliver a fatal blow, Luna flew up and used her hind legs to kick her to the ground, and when she was sure she won't attack again, returned to the ground.

"Stay away from that place. I'm warning you; That guy used to be with someone who caused much trouble for me and my sister. Even my sister's student and her friends went through the same turmoil." She began to walk off until she was stopped by Solaris.

"Why should I listen to you? If anything, you're the true fraud." Luna then pondered over what she just said and realized something.

"You're right. You may say that I was... a traitor to my sister and our homeland." She then flew off to somewhere Solaris doesn't know about, but she didn't care as she screamed in agony over her failure at her mission to stop the Princess of the Night.

***

"Solaris!" I shouted to Solaris, snapping her out of her trance. "What's bothering you?" I knew she must be still be thinking about her mission, but I wanted to make sure my question was subtle.

"Sorry." she said, returning my question. "I'm just figuring something out right now. Moondancer, why are we have to do this work for the Organization?" I remember asking the same question before, and I was surprised that she was even repeating it.

"So we can have a wish that can help us with our destinies, remember?"

"But why do we need a wish?" I don't know what's gotten into her, but I should still answer her questions.

"I don't know." That's was my weakest answer to her latest question, but I should still continue. "But I think that once we get our wish, we'll be in better control of our lives."

"I only wanted to know what I was doing and how I even got here..." She was really starting to worry me right now. "I started having the weirdest dreams." I was wondering if they were the same ones I've been having lately. "I don't even know what they mean. I always wake up having this feeling that something horrible happened."

"Well, I have the same dreams and feelings, too." I hoped that my statement would make an understanding for her, but I quickly regretted as she got up.

"We might have the same dreams and feelings, but I don't think we're ALL the same."

"Solaris, wait--" I wasn't able to stop her as she walked out of sight. I felt like beating myself up for driving her away, and I just sat there, alone, eating my ice cream, until Discord turned up and took his place with his ice cream.

"Solaris didn't make it here again?" he asked.

"She just left," I said in a dejected tone. I just stared out at the expansive field just as I had a memory of the lavender unicorn finding herself trapped in some cave filled with crystals, finding a pink alicorn, who has a crystal heart with gold lace as a cutie mark instead of me and Solaris' cutie mark, and together, trying to find a way out of the caves. Maybe Solaris might have been right about this. I really don't know what this, or any of my other dreams about this meant, but I'm starting to have this feeling that somewhere, something horrible has happened.

Author's Note:

Quite a shocker at the beginning and near the end of the chapter with the fight between Solaris and Princess Luna, as well as the scene at the beginning of "A Canterlot Wedding Part 2." And that "something horrible" that Moondancer and Solaris were talking about, it's the cutie mark switch in the season three finale.