• Published 14th Apr 2013
  • 1,168 Views, 13 Comments

Hasbro/Square Enix Kingdom Hearts Days of a Nopony - SonictheHedgepony



As Twilight Sparkle's Nopony works for the New Organization XIII, she comes across a startling revelation that changes her forever.

  • ...
13
 13
 1,168

Day 96-Solaris' Key

Day 96-Solaris' Key

This morning, I entered the Grey Area and met up with Solaris, as usual.

"Morning, Moondancer," said Solaris.

"Morning to you to, Solaris," I replied.

"Ready for another mission?"

"You bet I am!" Before we can approach Queen Chrysalis, she approached us first.

"Moondancer, Solaris, I want you on separate missions today," the Queen ordered.

"Why?" asked Solaris. She was wondering, as well as I, why we're being separated again.

"Two major Heartless have appeared in two separate worlds. Moondancer, you're going to Jasper, Nevada, and Solaris, you're going to Twilight Town."

"But why would--" Solaris was brutally cut off by Chrysalis' menacing gaze. "Never mind."

"Wait right there, Your Highness," I heard Discord say as he approached us. "You're just going to send Moondancer to Jasper? I'm not sure... I was there yesterday when you assigned me for recon and I saw that Heartless you're talking about. You shouldn't have Moondancer go against that monster, not by herself."

"Well, if I send both of them, who's going to handle the Heartless in Twilight Town?" asked Queen Chrysalis.

"Me, of course."

"You? You're kidding, right?"

"I'm not the jokester anymore. I'm handling that Heartless."

"Except that you're not the greatest Keyblade wielder."

"Yeah right! I'll do some of my tricks to distract it and I'll strike it down and release its heart with no problemo." I had a feeling that I knew what he was talking about, so it was my turn to persuade her.

"Is that alright, Your Highness?" I asked. She sighed as she turned around, knowing that she must be annoyed about something.

"Fine," she simply said. "But this is the last time. Beginning tomorrow, both of you are working alone." The words his us like meteors, and made me wonder about Solaris, giving the fact that she still hasn't regained control of the Keyblade.

***

After accepting their mission and taking a Corridor of Darkness to Jasper, the Queen turned to face Discord.

"Don't think that I believed what you pulled," Chrysalis warned.

"I don't pull anything except bunnies out of hats," said Discord, using his magic to summon a top hat and pulling out a rabbit, making both of them disappear as soon as they appeared. "But anyway, I should get on to Twilight Town." He then summoned a Corridor of Darkness for Twilight Town, walking through it with the Queen looking on.

***

As soon as we arrived in the forest where we encountered the Neoshadow and the white and blue Autobot yesterday, I turned towards Solaris, who was wearing a depressed expression on her face. I'm sure it's about what's going to happen if she can't use her Keyblade.

"You alright?" I simply asked.

"It's just... I don't know what I'll do beginning tomorrow," said Solaris. I was right by my assumption, because she concentrated and manifested a beam of light, which is similar to how I summon the Keyblade, but her Keyblade never came forth. "I just do not know..." I just couldn't see her like that, so I came up with an idea and summoned my Keyblade.

"Can you use my Keyblade?" She used her magic to take control of mine, and indeed it worked, as it no longer required her to use her magic just to wield it.

"I think I will." I beamed in relief and brilliance.

"Then use mine for today."

"But Moondancer--" I cut her off before she could finish.

"Maybe it can help remember how to use your own."

"What will you use as a weapon?"

"I'll improvise."

"How?"

"I'll use a weaken spell and you can use the Keyblade to finish the job."

"Well, I suppose it can work..."

"Great! Now let's go find the Heartless." We walked around the forest and encounter the pod again, and when we came to inspect it, the Heartless that we were looking for, which vaguely resembles a dog, suddenly appeared before us, and just as I told her, I used my magic to weaken it, and Solaris used the Keyblade to strike it down, thus releasing its heart.

"Thanks, Moondancer. Here you go." She gestured my Keyblade towards me and I used my magic to make it mine again.

"Well, did it work? Do you know how to summon it?"

"I don't know... I'll give it another shot." She concentrated hard and looked up as if nothing was happening, but all of a sudden, her Keyblade suddenly appeared before her, looking similar to mine.

"Good job!"

"I can't believe it! I can't believe it worked! Thank you, thank you, thank you!" As she said this, she began hopping around me, which caused me to have a brief memory of the lavender unicorn hopping around three fillies.

"Wait until we tell Discord about this. Let's go!"

***

Of course, because Discord had his mission in Twilight Town, we went to the clock tower and saw that he was the first to be on the clock tower having ice cream and watch the sun set.

"Discord!" I said in excitement.

"What up with the faces?" Discord tiredly asked. I can clearly see that he was worn out from having to deal with that Heartless.

"How's the mission?"

"Oh, it was awesome... especially that magic show I performed for him in order to get him off guard. How did your day go?" I gestured towards Solaris and, in response, summoned her Keyblade for Discord to see, which surprised him greatly.

"I have Moondancer and Discord to thank for this summoning," she said.

"It was Moondancer that helped. Why am I having the glory?"

"Because if you didn't speak up this morning, we would've gone on those separate missions."

"And Solaris wouldn't have been able to use the Keyblade," I said.

"So, thank you, Discord," said Solaris.

"Well... how about some ice cream?" asked Discord. "I already have two of your bars in my cool sphere." He said, gesturing toward a sphere of cold temperatures, Discord having used his magic to do it. He made the sphere disappear and levitated the bars towards us. After that, we just laughed over how convenient our day has been.

"I hope we're always together," I said.

"I know..." agreed Solaris.

"What's with you?" asked Discord. I turned to Discord, then Solaris, and then at the sunset.

"I just want these days to last until the end of time," I replied. "Chilling out, ice cream, sunsets..."

"Nothing lasts forever, you know," remarked Discord. "But we'll always be together, even when things change and we won't be able to do this anymore, because so long as we remember each other, we'll never be separated. Got it memorized?" I should've remembered Discord and Solaris before they took their extended absences, so I thought I should remember his piece of advice.

"Got it," I simply replied.

Author's Note:

Don't be fooled by Discord's speech at the end of this chapter, because something will happen soon that will cause these memories to be lost forever.