• Published 14th Apr 2013
  • 1,167 Views, 13 Comments

Hasbro/Square Enix Kingdom Hearts Days of a Nopony - SonictheHedgepony



As Twilight Sparkle's Nopony works for the New Organization XIII, she comes across a startling revelation that changes her forever.

  • ...
13
 13
 1,167

Day 8-Icing of Success

After seven days of hanging on to a number and a name, I had trouble doing anything else. I couldn't have told you who the people in black coats were, or why they wanted me in the first place.

Day 8-Icing of Success

The next morning, when I got out of bed and made my way to the Grey Area, I was suddenly greeted by Queen Chrysalis. Being Vanitas' second in command, I had to respect her wishes, no matter how horrible.

"Moondancer, your work starts today," she told me. "I will give you missions, which the Organization wants you complete." I was concerned by what would happen if I fail at a mission, so I just kept my mouth shut. "Think of these early missions as workouts. You have much to learn before you take the real test." I was having a hard time figuring out what this "test" meant, therefore, I didn't respond. "Discord will be with you on your first mission. Right, Discord?" Here, she turned to Discord, who was lying on the window view of the Grey Area, before getting off of it.

"Oh, Celestia..." he said in a bored tone. "You're saying I have to mentor her?"

"You do fine teaching our young one how Lord Vanitas expects things to go down here," said the Queen. "Moondancer, come to me when you're ready."

"Hear that?" Discord asked me. "Starting today, I'm your foalsitter." I didn't respond to his little comment about him being a foalsitter to me, because I think I can take care of myself, but I must respect Chrysalis' wishes. "Celestia... Quit being a zombie pony and let's blow this pop stand." I then approached the Queen and told her I was ready.

"Teach her good, Discord," Chrysalis told my new partner.

"No worries, my queen," said Discord. "I'll make sure she gets the grade." I then turned my head to Number XIV, not listening to his promise, before turning to me. "Ready to go?" I didn't respond, and Discord saw why as he turned to our new recruit. "What is it? Are you worried about the new kid? What was that name..." His voice trailed off as he was trying to remember the name.

"Number XIV, Solaris," The Queen reminded her.

"I knew that," said a slightly annoyed Discord.

"Solaris," I say to myself, though I wasn't the only one to be heard.

"Got it memorized, eh?" asked Discord. I was surprised that he heard me that I had to respond to keep myself from becoming a freak, even though I'm already a unicorn, a pony with a magical horn coming from my head.

"...Yeah," I said to him. I was trying to get him to move on with our mission.

It didn't work, however. "Oh yeah? Then what's my name?"

"It's Discord," I replied.

"And our boss' name?"

"Vanitas."

"Nice, Moondancer!" said a proud Discord. "No way you'll forget a name such as Vanitas, right? Now, let's roll." He then snapped his fingers and summoned a Corridor of Darkness and we went through it to our first mission together.

***

We were transported to the tram station of Twilight Town, my "birthplace." I didn't know why we're here, but I have to get my education in some other way. Discord then turned to me and began to instruct me, using his magic to instantly put on a suit, quickly replacing the black coat he's wearing.

"Okay, let's begin by going over what we do on missions," said Discord, using his best professor voice possible. "Missions are... uhh... they're, you know... hrm." His voice trailed off again as he was trying to explain what a mission is. I lowered my head in concern over what I'm supposed to even do on these missions. He then used his magic to return to his black coat. "You know? Buck this. Let's just go and get our hooves dirty, shall we? Follow me." Discord flew up to a platform while I made my way, though I wasn't able to jump there, but I have a feeling in my horn that I'm supposed to use a magic spell to get up there and so, I closed my eyes and I pictured myself on the platform with Discord as my horn began to glow with a pure white aura, like my cutie mark, and in an instant, I zapped away from the ground and onto the platform. "That's one way of doing it. Good job."

"Thanks," I said without my usual hesitation, which surprised even me.

"But don't think you can just, run, jump, or teleport your way through every misson," warned Discord. "You've got to BE AWARE." I was taken aback by his last piece.

"What... what do you mean by that?" I asked to him, again putting a brief pause in between.

"You're supposed to look around," he explained. "Sometimes what you're really after may be sitting underneath your muzzle. Got it memorized?" I didn't understand what he meant by that, but my lesson had to continue.

"Y... yeah, I think so," I said, putting a pause between me and my response again.

"Okay, time for a road test," announced Discord. This got me worried. I mean, a test? Already? I'd better be on top of my game if I'm going to pass it. "There's a treasure chest somewhere in this station. I want you to find it."

"That's all?" I was surprised that it's all I have to do for such a big test.

"I know, don't worry yourself," assured the draconequus. "Just be sure to look around." With these words, began to look around the passageways until I came across a mysterious black barrier intersecting to form an "X."

"Discord... What's this?" I was hoping he would have a logical answer.

"This is a form of blockade, meaning you can't go that way," Discord explained.

"So, there's nothing there?" I asked him. I wanted to make sure my confirmation was sound.

"Yep, that's the point," he replied. "They're here to keep us on track. That, or out of trouble. I mean, look at that thing. Big, menacing X. I'll take the path with no worries, thank you." I shrugged off that last comment and continued on our way, stopping until I reached a chest-like object.

"Is this it?" I asked Discord. I wanted to be certain that this was what I was looking for.

"It is," he replied. "Congrats." We just stood there staring at the chest until Discord spoke up. "Well?" I was wondering what he wanted me to do.

"The mission was to find this chest." I was trying to get a point. "Aren't I done?"

"See, Moondancer, the thing about these chests is they have stuff in them," Discord justified.

"So, I should open it?" I asked.

"Yes, that's just what we do," Discord replied. And so, by opening the chest and discovering a potion, which I drank with no ill effects, I have completed my road test. "Nice work! You get to keep what you find. Time to RTC." I instantly became confused by what he meant when he said "RTC."

"RTC?"

"Return To the Castle," Discord stressed out. "Go on and lead us back to the Corridor of Darkness that got us here." Indeed, I retraced my steps and got us back to the portal with no trouble. As soon as we reached the portal, Discord used his magic to create an audience that applauded for me, which quickly disappeared just as it appeared. "Bravado. So, how about it? Getting used to this?"

"Yeah," I said.

"What was that?" I was getting frustrated that he didn't hear me, though he must have been toying around with me, as usual.

"I said..." I trailed off for a moment.

"Hm?"

"I would've done that without my horn." I admit, this is my worst substitution to my previous answer, but I wanted to show Discord that I was the greatest at my mission, with or without my horn. Then, I saw Discord stumble off for a moment. He must be remembering something from his past he's trying to get away from. "What is it, Discord?" I wanted to make sure he's alright.

"Y-yeah... It's just... what you said reminded me of a horrible deed I've done." I was right on what Discord nearly fainted on. "Well, forget that, you excelled. And for that, you deserve a reward. Let's go." He then turned around and began to walk away from the portal.

"But... shouldn't we RTC?" I didn't want to get in trouble with Chrysalis.

"Later," he assured me. "Remember our spot?"

***

After we had taken our spots on top of the clock tower, Discord gave me a bar of ice cream, with Discord having already used his magic to summon two bars, one for himself and the other just for me.

"Here," he said. "The icing of success." I was confused by what he meant when he said "icing of success." "You remember what this ice cream is?"

"Umm..." I was struggling to figure out what the ice cream was, to no avail.

"It's sea-salt ice cream. I told you once already. Get it memorized, alright." I felt slightly ashamed that I'd forgotten, but upon taking the first bite, I'd already forgotten that I'd forgotten.

"It's salty, but sweet," I said. Discord chuckled at my comment.

"That's the same thing you said the first time you had this."

"Really? I don't remember." I then began to hit myself in my mind, as I had forgotten another detail about me having this ice cream.

"Come now, it's been, like, a week since you got here."

"I know." As I said before, I've been having trouble taking in everything since holding on to my name and my number.

"'I know?'" He was surprised by my answer that he wanted to know more about me, like more than usual. "You must remember that much." I just lowered my head, nibbling away at my ice cream. "It's cool. Besides, today is what matters."

"Really?" I was amazed that he understood my slight pain and that last part.

"Yeah! You, outside, working.... He trailed off as he was finding the epic words he's been looking for. "Today, you're a part of us."

"That's good," I said, staring out at the sunset, munching down on my ice cream. I don't know what else the Organization will give me next, but either way, I'm ready for it.

Author's Note:

Like Discord said, Moondancer's role begins on this day. Hopefully, you'll get used to this, because this will be all a part of Moondancer's development.