• Published 14th Apr 2013
  • 1,167 Views, 13 Comments

Hasbro/Square Enix Kingdom Hearts Days of a Nopony - SonictheHedgepony



As Twilight Sparkle's Nopony works for the New Organization XIII, she comes across a startling revelation that changes her forever.

  • ...
13
 13
 1,167

Day 357-Friendship Without End

Day 357-Friendship Without End

When I arrived in Twilight Town, I saw the group of friends running for ice cream, with the last one having to buy them. Although, it looked annoying to them, I'm sure not all friendships never fall apart. That reminded me I should go to the clock tower, which is the only good place around here. I went up there, it felt lonely not being with Discord and Solaris anymore, and I figured that I made a mistake with leaving the Organization, that it was a completely stupid move on my part, and if I returned, Discord would have proven me right with them destroying me if I return. As I thought over my current situation, I heard someone approach me and sit beside me, and I turned to see Solaris with her hood up. I don't know why, but I'm glad to finally see her again. She offered me an ice cream, which I immediately accepted. We sat up there eating our ice cream and watch the sunset. We didn't say anything while we were together, only when Solaris finally spoke up.

"Moondancer...I don't have much time." I don't know why she would say that, but she got up and removed her hood, and I was shocked and confused by what her face looks like than what it normally looks like, only that I recognize this from my dreams. "Even though I can't do it, I must make this decision. You gave me so much of your memories...giving me too much of them...that they may break out at any moment. Tell me, Moondancer. Who do you see in this face? If you see the face of somepony else...the face of a mare...it means I'm nearly ready. This Replica should play her part. Moondancer...this is her. This is Twilight Sparkle." I never realized that this is the name that belongs to that lavender unicorn I keep having dreams about. As I realized this, she began walking on thin air, even though her wings aren't keeping her in midair. As she raised her hood, she turned to me. "You're next, Moondancer. I must make you a part of myself." With her magic, dark swirls began to circle around her. "You see, this is why I was created."

When the dark swirls cleared, I saw a mare who barely even looks like Solaris anymore. Her coat is dark with red stripes all over, her mane and tail are moving like a flame, her wing no longer have feathers, and her hooves are flowing like melting rocks. Her horn glowed and suddenly we were transported to the center of the volcano in Jasper, Nevada, where I saw that the device I planted was feeding energy to Solaris, causing more swirls of darkness to flow around her and expelling the energy all over us. I found myself in a dark area where I found Solaris back to her normal self, and I wanted to know if she is alright and as I ran for her, the shadows and herself faded away and I found myself standing on the same invisible ground on Station Plaza. When I turned around I saw Solaris now three times bigger than she usually is having an appearance similar to Twilight Sparkle, but now has majestic wings. I realized that the only way to stop her is to attack her, even though she's my friend. I attacked her, despite my weakened strength, and when she held herself in pain, a light shot out of her and dark swirls began to form around her again. As I took a moment, a zing of light went to my head, causing a great jolt of pain, and the invisible ground to crack and shatter below me, falling only mere inches to the ground.

When the darkness cleared, I saw a tall white mare with a flowing red mane, looking very weak. And there's something I know about her, but I can't put my finger on it.

"Who are you...again?" I asked. "It's just weird. I feel like I'm forgetting something important to me."

"You'll be...alright from here on out...Moondancer." she said. I don't know how she knows my name, but when she fell over, I caught her, holding her in my forelegs, as white sparkles began to float up from her. I was worried if I was the one that hurt her so badly.

"Was I...responsible for this?"

"No...I was the one who decided...to leave this world. It's better this way, than doing nothing...and let Xehanort and his apprentice continue. I belong to Twilight Sparkle. Now, I'm going back to her...to help her and be with her and her friends." Then, she placed a hoof on one of my hooves, as a sign of support. "Moondancer...I have one last thing...to tell you. All the hearts we collected...Kingdom Hearts...you must release them."

"Release...Kingdom Hearts?" I don't know why I have to destroy all that I've worked hard on, but what's more concerning is that her hind legs are crystallizing.

"It's too late...for me to fix what damage I caused. But Vanitas...won't have Kingdom Hearts. He just won't. Farewell, Moondancer. See you soon. I'm lucky...to meet somepony like you. Oh...and Discord, as well." How did she also know who Discord is. "Both of you are my best friends." How is she my friend already? As I wondered this, her hoof moved to my shoulder. "Always remember that. It's the truth." It was true that me, Discord and Solaris were best friends, but--wait now I know who that white mare is. It's Solaris! How could I have not seen it until now? When I remembered who she is, her hoof fell from my shoulder to the ground, but I held it up with my magic.

"No! Solaris...who'll I have ice cream with now?" That was the worst thing to tell her, but when I realized she didn't hear me, I knew she was gone. The crystals suddenly formed all over her and she faded in a flash of light, and of course, being a Nopony, she didn't leave me anything to remember her by, except for a fresh apple I gave her. I then broke down, fresh tears falling from my face and onto the ground of the Station Plaza. I lost my best friends, my home, and my life. I won't let Vanitas take anything else from me. I will release Kingdom Hearts, meet Twilight Sparkle and I will have my best friends back at my side!

***

As Discord saw what happened in Twilight Town through a magical orb, he wondered how this all went down until he saw an apple and an envelope, which upon opening it, contained a WINNER stick, realizing these were from Moondancer. Tears came from his eyes when he saw that this is all she ever left him.

Screw this place, he thought to himself, as he used his magic to teleport himself away with just a snap of his fingers.

***

As Twilight hugged her friends upon restoring her friends cutie marks and their destinies, Solaris' voice echoed through her mind.

"A mark of one's destiny, singled out alone, fulfilled." said Solaris. Twilight realized through her voice that she knows the answer now.

"Wait a second, that's it!" said a surprised Twilight. "I understand now! I know how to fix the spell!" Twilight and her friends headed for the Golden Oaks Library and fetched out the journal containing Star Swirl the Bearded's incomplete spell and a quill pen, writing out the missing piece of the spell as she said it out loud: "From all of us together, together we're friends. With the marks of our destinies made one, there is magic without end." When she finished writing out the missing portion of the spell, her Element of Magic began to glow and expel a white light, with her friends Elements of Harmony shooting out beams at Twilight, creating a sphere of light surrounding her, causing a blast of light filling the entire library. When the light faded, to her friends shock, Twilight was gone and in her place, was a scorch mark in the shape of her cutie mark.

***

In Where Nothing Gathers, Vanitas, Queen Chrysalis, and King Sombra have gathered.

"Solaris is no more," said the Queen.

"And what about Twilight Sparkle?" asked Vanitas.

"She's completed the spell and has fulfilled her destiny," said King Sombra. "I knew we should have stopped her when we had the chance."

"It's possibly for the best." Vanitas admitted. "Although she's ready for her true destiny, she won't be ready for what's to come. But first things first, bring me my Keyblade Wielder. Get me Moondancer."