• Published 7th Apr 2013
  • 954 Views, 5 Comments

Lyra Kills a Mare - Snuggie88



The title says it all.

  • ...
2
 5
 954

Oops.

“This is my pie.”

Lyra stared at Bon Bon with an angry glare. The delicious pie that sat on the two’s table was the subject of war. Each wanted that pie that had taken hours to prepare.

“Why can’t we just split it between us? Simple as that,” Bon Bon explained. “50/50.”

“But the paraspri-"

“That was 3 years ago. Listen. I have a pocketknife. I am going to cut it into quarters. You will get 3/4 of this juicy, delectable pie. I will only get 1/4. You will get more than half!”

Lyra thought, then sighed. “Give me the knife.”

Bon Bon handed the knife gently over to Lyra. Lyra nabbed it out of her hand very forcefully. A cut slowly grew on Bon Bon’s cream hoof.

“Hey! That hurt.”

“Oh, gosh; oops. Let’s fix that.”

Lyra grabbed for a napkin. She accidentally knocked over the napkin container, which also gave the salt that laid next to it a boost. The salt flew through the air, and landed on Bon Bon’s cut.

“Watch it!” she hissed.

“Uh...oh no. let’s fix that too!”

She looked to her left. Somehow, rubbing alcohol was right on the table. Lyra, like anyone else in this kind of matter, thought it was a bottle of water. So, she levitated over there and dabbed it on the napkin. She gently placed it on Bon Bon's cut.

“Here, this should help.”

“OW! Why would rubbing alcohol help?”

“Wait, that was-”

“That’s it. I’m going to a doctor.”

Bon Bon got up, and started galloping to the Ponyville hospital. But, while watching her cut, she didn't know what was in front of her. She then bumped into a streetlight. She stumbled around dizzily, and fell to the ground.

Lyra gasped. An extreme amount of shock overwhelmed her body. “D-d-did I just...kill her?”

Lyra ran over to Bon Bon. Her forehead was nearly covered with a splotch of blood. Her cut, now doubled in size, still bled through her fur. Bon Bon’s leg slightly twitched, before coming to a complete stop.

“Ohmygoshohmygoshohmy GOSH,” Lyra panicked. She looked around, prancing, making sure nopony saw what she did. She sighed, as ponies continued with their business.

“Now what?” Lyra mourned. She sighed sadly, but then shot up like a rocket with excitement. “I know! Healing spells!”

Now, because Lyra’s destiny was to play a musical instrument, so healing others wasn’t really her forte. To learn a healing spell would take who knows how long of work, but Lyra was very determined to get her friend alive and well again! And she knew the perfect place to find that spell.

She picked up Bon Bon onto her back, and slowly trotted to her destination: the Ponyville Public Library.

As she passed through town, a few ponies gave her strange looks. But that didn’t matter; the library was on her mind, and she would go through rain, snow and sleet to get there. She didn’t have to do that though, because she just arrived.

Lyra walked around to the back, and placed Bon Bon behind a dumpster. She wouldn’t try to think of what would happen if someone, in a quiet, relaxing place, would see her carrying a dead body on her back. The police would charge her of murder! Lyra then walked around to the front, and went through the front door.

The library was surrounded by stacks and stacks of random books. Thick books, small books, picture books; you name it. Twilight was creating an assembly line of more books. It indeed was reshelving day.

“Why hello, Lyra,” Twilight greeted. “Here for another primate book?”

“Not this time, Twilight!” Lyra replied with an innocent yet nervous tone.

Twilight turned her head. “Oh, then, what are you looking for?”

“I need a healing spell.”

Twilight looked up at Lyra, now totally confused. This seemed out of character for her. Twilight would’ve understood anything else, but, a healing spell? “For what cause?” Twilight questioned.

“Uh....um,” Lyra stuttered. “I...need it for a... a friend! Yeah, a friend. My friend is a...nurse in Baltimare!”

Twilight gave her a stern look, then returned to her normal self. "Oh, really? Maybe I could meet her! Tell me when she's in town."

"Well, Ok!"

"Here's the book!" Twilight flew the book over to Lyra. She caught it with her hoof.

“Thanks!”

“Don’t mention it!”

And Lyra left the building.


Lyra stood inside her house, with Bon Bon slumping predictably in a chair. Lyra placed her spell on the table, and read over it several times. This was the most important spell of her life. Saving a friend was very special. Once she was ready, she lit up her horn with all of her strength.

Suddenly, Bon Bon was starting to regain consciousness. She gathered her surroundings, and saw Lyra lighting up her horn. “Lyra, what are you doing?” She shrieked.

“Wait, what? I didn’t even cast it yet!”

Lyra tried to stop, but it was too late. The spell covered a frightened Bon Bon, taking her into the air with everlasting might. Then, the spell exploded with a green overcast. it soon disappeared.

Bon Bon landed on the floor with a soft thud. Bon Bon shook the dizziness away from her. Lyra stood there, not sure what to think, before cheering.

“YES! You aren’t dead!”

“Why would I be? I just had a bump on the head.”

“But you looked so dead! I mean, the blood, and the twitching, and the looseness; don't forget the looseness.”

Bon Bon gave a sly smile.

“What?” Lyra asked, confused.

“Oh, you. Can’t you tell the dead from the knocked out?”

“Guess not. So, nope.”

Bon Bon shrugged. She couldn't believe this entire incident was caused by pie.

"Hey, Lyra?"

"Yeah?"

"Want to get some pie?"

Lyra nodded excitedly. "Let's give it a second shot."

Author's Note:

Curse the word limits. They should move it down to 750; my stories would then fit. I hate adding 100+ words :(. Anyhow, hope you liked it!

Comments ( 5 )

And then, the story loops.

This represents how I think of Lyra perfectly.

Rubbing Alcohol would not actually be the worst of things to put on a cut in this scenario.

Anyway, I have reviewed this HERE.

You're not the only one. Sometimes, I wish that stories could be added without having to be 1000 words.

Login or register to comment