• Published 21st Mar 2013
  • 589 Views, 7 Comments

The Curse of Life - MatthewAndrews



A mare can live with her remorse for only so long. But what about a thousand years of it

  • ...
4
 7
 589

It's a Curse

In every life, one will die, they will see life, they will feel pain, they will enjoy bliss. Immortality to some is a blessing. To others a curse, watching the world you have grown crumble around you.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A thousand years have come and gone for the Princess. Many would have thought her emotions to be excited or at lest happy. For her celebration, the city of Canterlot had made a tribute to the Princesses that came before Twilight. After immortality was granted to Twilight, it was taken away from the 3 other princesses. There time had long since passed from the final princess's death.

Twilight had Traveled all over Equestria Adventuring the land, flying the skies, Exploring her surroundings, meeting new a ponies, none like the friends she once had. But what she mostly thought of was when she would truly see her friends.

After the celebration had ended, Twilight went to her room in the castle, for it was time to lower the sun and raise the moon. But before she could do that, at the corner of her eye she say a manila folder with the title "Letters". She flipped threw them fairly quickly, until one easily caught her attention. It was a letter from Princess Celestia, the last letter Twilight ever received from her. She began to read it
"Dearest Twilight,

For a thousand years I had seen so many places and ponies. I out lived almost all of them. But I met one little filly, that I was lucky enough to guide her through a majority of her life. That filly was you, Twilight. You always thought of me as your teacher, but you were really teaching me. I have seen you grow and I am lucky enough to say, I will not be attending another funeral, for the last one shall be my own. When my sister had left us, I knew very soon we will met between the moon and the sun. Thank you

-Your Faithful Student/Teacher Celestia"

By now Twilight was filled with sorrow. She had to tried to keep herself standing, but her emotions got the better of her as she collapsed to the floor crying.
"I once believed that this was a gift, but it is a curse." she muttered under the groans and tears.
After about a half hour, she began to reorganize her belongings. After cleaning she turned to a picture on the side of her bed.

"Goodnight everypony. I can't wait to start my flying lessons tomorrow, Rainbow Dash. Fluttershy, I won't forget to bring a blanket for the picnic this time. Rarity I will make sure to pick up my new dress afterwards. Applejack, the barn raising sounds amazing I can't wait! Pinkie I heard you were looking for a cake tasting buddy." She had remembered these words, for they were the real last words before her reign as princess. She once again began to quietly sob. " Goodnight Spike, I... I love you, I promise we will meet again," Twilight said staring at an empty bed where spike once peacefully laid. The Mare closed her eyes and began to fall to sleep and hoped to dream of her former companions.

"Twilight," said a faint voice from a distance."You have done well, but now another shall arrive with a boom. You must be caring, a leader, a teacher, but most importantly be open for learning. I believe in you Twilight," the voice left as suddenly as it came. Twilight's head jerked up from her pillow. It was just a dream."Maybe i can go visit my friends tomorrow, I don't ave any meetings anyways." The unicorns sorrow had gently calmed itself, she new the following day would be a day for her to reminisce. creak a smile, shed a tear, and think about what those five ponies have made her.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I can't believe tomorrow is the day, i'm finally gonna make it into Princess Twilight's School for Gifted Unicorns, I can't wait!!!" A young colt was in his small home in Canterlot, preparing his items, for tomorrow he would be attending the finest unicorn school in all of Equestria. "STARLIGHT SHINE, GO T BED RIGHT NOW," mother roared at him for staying up much past her own bed time. He had settled down and lied in bed to just think. How many classes will he have? Where will the library be? Will it be hard? Will I make friends? the typical questions all nervous ponies ask (well mostly). Starlight's excitement and nervousness keep him awake. He levitated a random book to read and calm him down. The book was called "In my Eyes: A Buck Colty Story". Starlight fell asleep in a matter of minuets.

Twilight decided that if she was going to see her friends in peace, she would have to leave before sunrise. As she flew over Canterlot she saw the sight she once dreamed of seeing as a filly. When she had flown past the city, she had an almost perfect view of equestria but she only focused on her true home..... Ponyville. When she arrived everypony was still sound asleep in their homes. she pasted by where the library use to be, now it is a museum in her honor. She pasted by the new trending sweets restaurant "Sugar Cube Century". While coming closer to the site she was able to see the occupied cloud mansion where Rainbow Dash use to live. Memories of Twilight and Rainbow racing from the top began flooding back to her. She had finally arrived at, what use to be, Sweet Apple Acres. The apple orchardes had died since most of the Apple family migrated to Appaloosa. She had reached the site, Twilight unpacked her breakfast right in front of five tombstones.
"Hello Girls".

Comments ( 7 )

So... many... feels... :raritydespair:

Wow I love sad stories but they make me cry a lot

A touching concept, I must admit. However, I beg that you go over and review your work before posting. There were a lot of mechanical issues with the entire thing. Simply remember to capitalize the first letter of a word at the beginning of a sentence, place periods where they belong, always capitalize "I" when referring to oneself, and, over all, just check everything! Even Google something if you're not sure exactly how to do it. Now, to type out everything would simply be me editing it, so I won't do that. Just keep in mind what I said. Please.
However, don't think that I am slamming you. I do enjoy this idea and would like to see it to expand. All I ask is that you take a bit more pride in your work and make it presentable. After all, appearance is the first impression. :raritystarry:
Good luck with the rest and I'll check back on this story to see how it progresses once in a while.

This is quaint and yet, amazing.
Also Spike should be still be alive, mainly because He can live thousands of years.
And you earned my favorite today.

2296180 I plan on addressing spike in a later chapter actually :moustache:

Need work on grammars and wording in this chapter, but otherwise it's good. I think you should get a proofreader or editor.

Login or register to comment