• Published 6th Mar 2013
  • 925 Views, 11 Comments

Harmony Divided - Jawmax



Twilight and the gang must find a way to fix a rewriten history or the three tribes will be doomed to a life of slavery!

  • ...
0
 11
 925

Chapter 1

Harmony Divided
By Jawmax
Chapter 1: Strange New World

Starving…Fading…

So little to feed on…

With so few of us left we must take drastic action...We must use the Cronus Chronicle …

Agreed…we know the time and place we must change…when the ponies were most vulnerable to us…

All we need now is the Chronicle…It has moved recently, we must go…To Canterlot…

***

“This is a very special find Luna.” Celestia said. “When you… went away, I ordered that a search for this book to begin immediately. It is a magical record of all history and it continues to record even now.”

Luna looked at the last page of the book. “And thus Princess Celestia had revealed the Cronus Chronicle to her sister and as she read the final page she sees the words forming right before her eyes.” It was true everything that was happening was being written in the book. “Why did you want this?”

“Luna according to legend, if you rewrite anything in the Cronus Chronicle you are literally rewriting history! I thought that I could make so that you never became Nightmare Moon but as time passed and I learned of that prophesy of your return I forgot about the Chronicle until it arrived just this morning. Ponies in my service kept looking for it because I never rescinded the order.” Celestia got serious look on her face. “And no Luna we are not going to see if it is true. Over the past thousand years members of your court had left and started families in other parts of Equestria and if we tamper with that their descendants will cease to exist! The choices we make have both good and bad consequences that we may not see right away but we have no right to change the destinies of countless ponies just to stop something that became okay in the end.”

“So then what are we going to do with it? Maybe since it has all of history in its pages we should find the answers to some of the biggest mysteries in Equestria. I bet Twilight Sparkle could spend the rest of her life reading this book.” Luna suggested.

“It is tempting which is why I must say no, anyone who goes near that book will be tempted to change something and we can’t destroy it because that might destroy all of history. No, the only thing we can do is to keep it locked up so nopony can get it. We should make a sealing spell that will only open to the two of us together.” Celestia closed the Cronus Chronicle which had a blue cover which had a golden image of a sun dial.

“Sister, I am always amazed at how well you plan things out.”

“All part of the perfect face I must wear for our people. But with you back I do hope to let our ponies see me for what I am, a pony just like all the others, in the next forty or fifty years; though that article by Gabby Gums is a step in the right direction.“

The two sisters left the room leaving two guards outside but they could not see the forces stayed behind. “The great Celestia, forced to hide who she is for her people. All those feelings she bottles up are just enough to affect the physical plane.” The spirit, whatever it was grabbed a pen turned the pages of the Chronicle. “The ponies, past, present, and future, are now ours!”

***

A bright flash erupted from the book spreading out over the land. In the Golden Oaks Library Spike looked around to make sure no one could see him. Then he opened the display case containing the Elements of Harmony. He picked up the element of generosity. “It still smells like you Rarity.” Spike said putting it down and picking up the element of magic and gave it a lick. While the elements were the most powerful force of magic Spike had known they were still gems and he was still a dragon and couldn’t help but wonder what they taste like. “It is the sweetest, most wonderful jewel I ever tasted!” The elements glowed, levitated into the air and flew out the window. “Wait I wasn’t going to eat you! I just wanted a taste!”

***

Twilight Sparkle and her friends had just left the movie theater. Even if Twilight was a princess now she still spent time with her friends and tonight was their once a month movie night. “All I’m saying is next time let’s see a romantic comedy.” Rarity said.

“Come on Rarity that movie was awesome!” Rainbow Dash said.

“I did not say I didn’t enjoy it. I am just not as big a fan of Daring Doo as you or Twilight. What do the rest of you think?”
“Well it was no western but it was an okay movie.” Applejack said.
“Oh, I’m okay with watching what everypony else is watching really as long as it's not a horror movie.” Fluttershy whispered.

Pinkie Pie had a large, full tub of popcorn on her head. “I don’t really care what movie we watch as long as we have snacks to go with it! You can’t have a movie without popcorn, or candy, or soda.” She pulled out cup of soda and slurped on the straw.

“At least you liked it too Twilight.” Rainbow said.

“While yes, it was a good movie; I thought the book was better.” Just as Twilight was finished talking the element of magic flew in and placed itself on her head. “What in the wide world of Equestria?” The rest of the elements wrapped around the neck of the other girls just then the flash from Canterlot covered them all.

***

The next thing Twilight Sparkle knew she was standing next to Rarity in a regal bedroom in a castle. Both still had their elements on, but that was pretty much the only thing about them that stayed the same. Twilight’s wings were gone and she was wearing a big fancy dress while Rarity’s mane and tail were straight and drooping and her Cutie Mark was missing. But the biggest changes to the girls were what they had in common. Their flanks were rounder, their ears bent a little, and their horns were more of a spiral than a cone shaped. “Where are we? What happened to us? Why am I a unicorn again?”

“I haven’t the faintest idea, Twilight.” Rarity said.

“Rarity, your Cutie Mark! It’s gone!”

“What!”

“Quick, help me with this dress! I can’t see if mine is still there with this oversized thing!”

Rarity pulled back the layers of skirt. “Twilight yours is gone too!” The dress popped back as soon as Rarity let go.

Just then the door opened and in came Sweetie Bell and she had the same physical changes as Twilight and Rarity. “Rarity there you are! I knew I would find you with Princess Twilight.”

“That’s odd. I’m a unicorn but I’m still a princess and Sweetie and the other crusaders know I prefer that they call me by name.” Twilight thought.

“Sweetie Bell what are you doing here?” Rarity asked.

“I came looking for you; I wouldn’t want you to miss my big night when I get to help everypony in the castle courtyard raise the sun for the first time in a few hours! I’ve been studying the spell in the Book of Oracles for days. See?” Sweetie took out a book with a white cover and a golden eye mark from her saddle bag and opened it to the page with the spell. Then Sweetie noticed to elements. “Did the princess give you that necklace as a gift? Rarity you are so lucky to be friends with a princess; and Princess Twilight I really love your new tiara!”

“Sweetie Bell why don’t you go on ahead to the courtyard we will meet you all there.” Twilight said.

“Yes, princess.” Sweetie Bell took it as an order and left leaving the book behind.

“Twilight, what is going on?” Rarity asked.

“I’m not sure; but if everypony in the castle is going to raise the sun then something must have happened to the Celestia and Luna! We only have a few hours to study this spell and help raise the sun before they start asking questions that I don’t think we can answer yet.”

***

Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy found themselves in a cloud city that looked nothing like Cloudsdale wearing their elements. It was more like the pictures of the old Pegasus kingdom. Their legs were more boney and angular and the feathers on their wings wear larger. They both had lost their Cutie Marks and Fluttershy was wearing some kind of white tunic with a golden eye on the chest and a big sharp sword on her belt.

“I’m guessing we’re not in Ponyville anymore.” Rainbow said.

“Shepherd Fluttershy!” cried a familiar voice. It was Scootaloo.

“Yes?” Fluttershy was confused. Why would a shepherd be dressed like some kind of guard?

“You’re not going to arrest Rainbow Dash are you? Scootaloo seemed to be scared of Fluttershy.

“No, we were just both standing here.”

“Thank the Oracles. She’s like a big sister to me and I’d hate to think what would happen if she wasn’t able to do her job as weather clerk.”

One thought was racing through Rainbow Dashes mind. “What I’m stuck in a desk job?”

“Come on Dash, let’s go home. Don’t want to explain why were out after curfew. Thanks Shepherd Fluttershy for showing her mercy.”

“Uh, okay.” Fluttershy said as Scootaloo dragged Rainbow Dash home.

***

Applejack and Pinkie Pie were outside a general store with a sign that said “Everything but Apples”. Their coats were darker, their hooves and muscles were bigger, and like the others they had no Cutie Marks. “What in tarnation did these elements do this time?” Applejack said her hat gone.

Pinkie Pie looked herself over. “I don’t know but I bet I could lift much bigger cakes like this.”

Apple Bloom came out of the shop with Diamond Tiara right behind her carrying a bucket of turnips. “Are you sure that’s all you want for them? Ms. Cheerielee got six bits for only one bucket of pears. You only gave us one.”

Diamond Tiara looked scared. “No! My dad told me that Chosen said that whatever the pony before us got we should ask for half so three bits is enough! Besides this besides these turnips is my family’s part of the towns offering at dawn. You don’t want us to disobey the Oracles do you Miss Apple Bloom?”

“Of course not! It’s just that you have so little.”

“Because having anymore is the one path the Oracles said we shouldn’t walk.”

“Apple Bloom, what’s going on here?” Applejack asked.

“Diamond Tiara was just selling us some turnips. Oh Pinkie Pie! Are you here to fix the leak in Granny Smith’s room?”

“Fix the leak? Why do think I’m the one to do that?” Pinkie laughed.

“Because you are the town carpenter and the Apples are the richest family in town?” Diamond Tiara said.

“Town carpenter?” Pinkie Pie didn’t understand.

“Richest in town?” Applejack was flabbergasted.

“Granny’s store has been doing well with you running it. Yep, following the creed made when she first opened it. ‘We will sell anything and everything but apples. We don’t even dare to eat them."

“The Apple family having nothing to do with apples? That is just wrong!” Applejack thought but things were only going to get weirder.

“The Chosen is coming.” Diamond Tiara said as she and Apple Bloom bowed down.

Applejack turned to see this Chosen. “Pa?

Author's Note:

This was a long time in the making,

Comments ( 11 )

The cover art and description seem interesting enough. I'll have to check this out in a bit. Sounds good so far, even before reading.

Dayum, the artists rendition of Commander Hurricane looks even more like an angry lesbian than I previously imagined.

2225250
Actually in his version he more thinks of Hurricane as a stallion.

in the description, I think you meant "Life of slavery" not "Live of slavery." :twilightsheepish:

Looks very promising. Keep it up!

It seems Celestia's fears were wrong. In spite of the changes to history, families and ponies remain even if they've lived very different lives. They didn't cease to exist.

Maybe because souls can't be destroyed so time and space has to work a way around them?

2592703
I'm afraid not Alex, I just haven't got to the ones that did vanish yet.:applecry::fluttercry::raritycry::raritydespair:

2592770

Woudn't that mean there are also now ponies who were born who weren't before?

2593213
That can be very true, but can we please not go into this? It's late and I don't think I have the energy for that kind discussion.:facehoof:

But if we think of things like how you set up the POV universe there is a work around that is that the souls could have been born as someone else that could have very different lives. They don't just vanish but wait for the time to born into the new timeline. If the change is corrected they reset back to how they were.

Celestia and Luna were erased from existence. What happened to Spike?

Login or register to comment