• Published 9th Mar 2013
  • 1,837 Views, 18 Comments

Legend of Zelda: New world - zombitomcat



The ancient evil that plagued Hyrule has come to Equestria. This new threat cannot be dealt with the elements, only the purist of hearts and the mightiest of swords can strike down this evil. The hero of time shall be reborn. undergoing rewrite

  • ...
1
 18
 1,837

The Father tree

This chapter like the last one goes unedited so please point out any and all mistakes you see.

Chapter 3: The Father tree

“Wow...” Applejack’s eye widened. “Ah heard ‘bout this here tree! Granny used to tell me stories ‘bout it, never thought it was real.”

Braveheart’s ear twitched as he looked around. “You guys hear that?” He asked the oblivious mares. The swordspony could hear voices on the wind.

“Oh just imagine all the little creatures living in that thing.” Fluttershy squeed.

“Braveheart darling is it not amazing?” Rarity asked. “Braveheart?” She turned to find him. “Girls where is Braveheart?” She noticed him slowly walking to the tree’s entrance. “Braveheart!” She called after him. “Where are you going?” He gave no response. “Braveheart!” She ran after him drawing the attention of the others. “Darling are you ok?” He remained silent. “Girls come quickly; something’s the matter with him!” Her friends ran over.

“Braveheart what in tarnation are you doing?” Applejack asked franticly. Braveheart marched onwards past her with a glazed look.

Rainbow dash sighed. “Let’s do this the hard way.” She promptly punched Braveheart in the face.

The swordspony stumbled and started blinking in an effort to clear his vision. “W-wha..?” he asked dazed.

“Sorry about that Heart but we lost ya.” Rainbow said with a grin.

“Oh fair enough.”He shook his head. “Sorry but... the voices, they...” He paused.

Fluttershy started to cower. “V-voices...”

Braveheart nodded. “They were so loud, it was hard to ignore.”

“How long have you been hearing these voices?” Rarity asked concerned.

“They started when we entered the grove.” He smiled. “Don’t worry they weren’t telling me to kill you or anything.”

The unicorn gave a forced laugh. “Well that’s good.”

“Enough about Heart’s insanity,” Rainbow said interrupting the two “what is that thing?”

Pinkie appeared suddenly. “We are at the father tree, the oldest living thing in all of Equestria if not the world and according to legend the origin of all plant life in the world. Also it is said that one of the oldest races in existence make the interior of the great tree their home.” She smiled and pranced off.

Rainbow scratched her head. “So it’s really old?”

Braveheart nodded his head. “Older than Equestria, the sacred tree of life.” He began on the path up to the opening. “Come on girls!” He said with a beaming smile.

He disappeared into the darkness before they could catch up. “Braveheart slow down!” Rarity yelled at the top of her lungs.

“Too late sugar cube, he’s gone.” Applejack said to her friend. “Come on we’ll go in together, and we will find ‘em” The group ran to the tree’s entrance.

“It’s sure is dark in there...” Fluttershy said while hiding behind Dash.

Dash gives Fluttershy a soft push. “Don’t worry Fluttershy, remember what Pinkie says.”

“J-just giggle at the ghosties.” And with a little coxing from Dash, Fluttershy and the rest of the group entered into the pitch black of the tree.

“Hey watch it!”

“Ow! Get off my tail.”

“Sorry...”

“Who keeps bumping into me?”

“I do... I think?”

“Ah think that was me...”

“Oh sorry Applejack.”

“I’m Rarity darling.”

“Hey look light!”

“You mean we just walked in a circle?!”

“Girls that’s not from the sun,” They entered into the light of a luminescent mushroom. It gave off a strange and beautiful green light “It’s a mushroom!” Rarirt stared at the strange fungi.

“Man pinkie would love this.” Rainbow commented. “Hey where is she?” The group looked around.

“Bounce!” The baker said happily.

“Stop it.” Braveheart grumbled.

“Bounce!”

“Stop it.”

“Bounce!”

“Stop it.”

“Bou-“

“Pinkie pie shut up!” Braveheart started laughing. “Jez Pinkie, I'm happy that you’re coming along, but please just keep your voice down.” Pinkie pie nodded and zipped her mouth closed. Braveheart stared at the metal zipper across her Lips. “I'm not going to ask how that works.” He said with a laugh as the miss matched duo continued down the large tunnel, their way lit by giant luminescent mushrooms.

They walked for some time, taking random turns now and then before they stopped. “So, do you know where we’re going?” Pinkie asked innocently.

Braveheart blushed slightly. “Uhh no.”

“Do you know what you’re looking for?” She asked.

He turned even redder. “No...”

“Do you even know why we’re in here?”

“Ah!” He said triumphantly. “I do, the trees told me!” Once he heard the words said out loud, he was glad that he was talking to Pinkie.

“Oh ok!” She said happily. “Wait... you can talk to trees?!”

“Umm well it’s complicated.” Braveheart tried to come up with a reason that made sense.

“AAAIEEEEE!” A scream disturbed the peaceful quite of the tree. Even before Pinkie could react Braveheart was bounding down the tunnel at an impossible speed.

“Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!” Pinkie yelled as she ran after him.

They ran in the direction of the scream until they found its source, a shaking, hyperventilating Fluttershy, who was hiding in a split in the wall.

“Fluttershy ar-” Braveheart began but received a surprisingly powerful kick to the jaw. “Gah!”

“STAY AWAY!” The timid pony yelled with unexpected ferocity and jumped out of her hiding place. Braveheart quickly grabbed her and attempted to restrain her.

“Fluttershy it’s me.” He said soothingly. She struggled to get away. “Hey hey shhh... it’s ok, it’s ok. Just calm down alright, just calm down...” Fluttershy hearing a familiar voice started to settle down.

“B-Braveheart, I'm so sorry I was just so AAAIEEEE!” With a piercing scream she punched Braveheart in the face and leapt out of arms and barrelled down the tunnel.

Braveheart groaned. “Really... I mean there is nothing to be afraid of.”

“Umm Braveheart?” Pinkie prodded him in the side.

“I know she’s afraid of most everything but-”

“Braveheart?!” Pinkie started shaking him.

“Yeah?” He turned to look at the pink pony. “What is... it....” He found himself looking at a giant snake head. “Oh shit.” The two started to back up. “Run.” He said to his pink partner. “Run!”

The two bounded down the tunnel in a vain attempt to escape the giant beast, they split up at a fork in the tunnel and Braveheart turned back to run after pinkie but the snake perused Pinkie and hit Braveheart with a Flick of his tail. Braveheart hit the side of the tunnel and fell to the ground. He was now alone, and very angry.


When Pinkie Pie woke up she found her friends huddling over her. “Pinkie you awake!” Rainbow shouted.

“You gave us quite the fright sugarcube.” Applejack added. “Have ya seen Fluttershy or Braveheart.”

Pinkie nodded. “Yep! Fluttershy ran away and the snake chose me over Braveheart!” The pink pony sniffed her coat. “I wonder if I smell more foodier?” Her usual happy domineer was not dampened by her capture nor the sombre mood of her friends.

“Hello pink one.” A slithery voice came from behind her. “I hope you are alright.” Pinkie turned around to find another giant snake; this one was older and had a soft kindness in her eye. “Did my sssson hurt you?” It asked.

“ummm...” She looked herself over. “Nope!”

“That gladdenssss me, he wasssn’t alwaysss a dreadful creature,” The beast sighed. “He wassss oncssse so kind.”

Rarity stepped forward. “Pinkie, this is Basilisk: the snake queen.”

Basilisk bowed her head. “Your friendsss told me of your friend Braveheart. They believe he can ssssave usss.”

Pinkie nodded. “If anyone can save us, it’s Braveheart!”

Basilisk lowered her head causing the chains around her neck to rattle. “Tell me, what issss hisss cuite mark.”


Braveheart slowly walked through the tunnels with his weapons drawn. “Here snakey snakey, come to papa,” he strained his ears. “I just want to talk.”

“Hi Braveheart,” A familiar voice caught his attention. “My, my don't you look tough.” He turned to see Twilight.

“Twilight, you’re alright!” Braveheart started laughing. “Oh thank Celestia!”

The unicorn giggled and moved uncomfortably close to him. “Happy to see you too.” She said lustfully.

“Umm T-Twilight what are you doing?” His voice cracked. Twilight moved her head towards his.

“Just saying hello...” said Twilight. “I’ve missed you.” Their lips met and Braveheart felt a strange sensation wash over him. He pushed her against the wall while maintaining the kiss. He began kissing her neck. Twilight started giggling.

Twilght whispered into his ear. “I have a present for you.”

“I like presents.” Braveheart said dumbly. Latching on to him suddenly, she bit down on his neck. Screaming in pain, Braveheart tried to push the unicorn off. She released her bite and Braveheart stumbled back. “Ah damn it!” He held a hoof against the bite wound.

Twilight hissed in response showing blood coated fangs. “Mmmm.” She licked her lips.

Braveheart grabbed his blade and swung it at the purple mare. She jumped over the strike and landed behind her attacker. “So close lover.” He swung again, she dodged it with ease. “Try again Darling.”

Braveheart’s vision went blurry and he began to stumble. “Oh tired already?” She made a pouty face. “I thought you could last longer.” She giggled at her own joke. A faint hiss from deeper in the tunnel caught the vampire's attention. “Well I’ve had fun lover, we should do this again sometime, tata.” She disappeared with a flash of light, leaving the wounded Braveheart leaning on his sword.

“I ssssmell blood.” A sickening voice filled the swordspony’s ears. “Did ssssomeone have an accsssident?” A monstrous head emerged from the darkness. “Greetingssss hero.”

“Y-you,” Braveheart said weakly. “What did you do with my friends?!” He swung his sword at the beast.

“I jusssst took them, that’ssss all.”

“You better not have hurt them.” The pony snarled.

“Not yet, but after I deal with you, they’ll make a great ssssnack.”

“You bastered!” Braveheart yelled. “I’ll kill you!” He swung his sword again but its momentum made him fall.

The snake laughed. “A vampire’ssss kisssss is not ssssomething a pony can recover from quickly.”

Braveheart growled. He stabbed the ground and pushed himself up. Staggering to his feet he faced the great beast. His cutie mark began glowing.


“So you’re a prisoner too?” Rainbow asked.

Basilisk nodded. "Unfortunately."

“Why did your son imprison you?” Rarity asked.

The snake queen nodded. “I do not know.” She paused. “He began to act sssstrangely after an odd Alicorn arrived at our tree. Ssssince then he hasss driven away our people and has taken my throne.”

“Ah’ am so sorry your highness.” Applejack removed her hat and put it on her chest.

Basilisk nodded. “Thank you.” She suddenly looked up. “Hmm.”

“You ok?” Rainbow asked.

A tear formed in the snake’s eye. “A mother should never out live her son.”


Many warriors have tried to slay one of the mighty Basilisks, the queen herself carries many scars from her youth, but none have ever succeeded. So when this young stallion, a mere colt stood up to the prince of the basilisks after receiving the business end of a vampire made the snake worried. Not only that, the pony was winning. Blocking and countering every blow, Braveheart slowly pushed back the snake.


“Quickly young poniessss, you must leave.” The queen said quite fast. “My sssson is distracted by your friend, pleasssse go!” She lifted them up using her tail. “Thisss tunnel leadsssss to the outsssside. Be ssssafe.”


With a well timed slash, Braveheart took out one of the snake’s eyes. Letting out a screech it retreated into the depths of the great tree.

“Yeah,” Shouted Braveheart. “You better run!” He flourished his blade and sheathed it. His cutie mark dimmed as he ran after the beast, but the farther he got the weaker he felt. As his adrenaline wore off the poison from the bite took affect once again. The world seemed to bend and shift around him. Soon he began to hear a voice.

“Hello Braveheart.” It was the vampiric voice of Twilight, soft and sultry.

He stumbled around. “W-where are you!” He yelled.

“Just let go...” Her voice was slow and hypnotic. “Join me in the night.”

Braveheart stumbled on muttering. “No, no, no.”

“You can be my king, and I your queen!” Her voice rose. “We can sit on the throne of Equestria together; even those pathetic princesses will bend to our will!”

“No no no no.” His legs collapsed. “I won’t help you she-demon.” The world went black. “I wo-won’t...”


“Come on wake up!”

“One, two, three... one, two, three.”

“How is he doing Applejack?”

“One, two, three. Give me some space Rarity!”

Braveheart opened his eyes to an unexpected sight; Applejack kissing him. “mmmh!” he pushed her away. “Ok, weird way to wake up, why we're you...?"

“Don't flatter ya' self, CPR.” Applejack helped him to his feet and Rarity dusted him off.

Rarity checked him over. “Are you alright dear? When we found you you were as cold as death.”

Braveheart smiled weakly. “I’ve been better.” He said with a soft chuckle. That's when he noticed they were outside. “How’d you get out- ahhh!” Pinkie Pie tackled him to the ground in a suffocating bear hug.

“Oh we were so worried!” The pink pony yelled in his ear. “Wesawyouandiwasalllike‘GASP!’andRaritywasalllike‘ohno!’andrainbowgotreallyangryandapplejackgotreallyquiteforsomereasonbuthen-”

“P-Pinkie, you’re choking me!” Braveheart gasped.

“Oh sorry!” She said with a giggle and let him go.

He began laughing and got up. “Its fine Pinkie, *cough* Did you find Fluttershy? She ran off after we found her.”

Applejack nodded. "Yeah, Pinkie told us. Ah' think Rainbow found her."

“Yeah,” Rainbow dash said from some ways away “Attempting to dislodge her now!” The shy Pegasus had forced herself into a hole in a log and was now firmly lodge inside. “Does somepony want to help?”

“Sure be right over!” Braveheart yelled.

Applejack stepped in front of him. “Hold on there sugarcube, ya’ sure you’re up fer that? I mean ya’ were out cold.”

“I’m fine Applejack,” He smiled. “I feel great.” He stepped around the earth pony and ran to help Rainbow.

“Hey hero!” The blue Pegasus said as Braveheart approached.

“Uhmm...” He stares at the yellow flank sticking out of the log, its legs fruitlessly trying to push its self out.

Rainbow chuckles softly. “Hehe, yeah she’s in there good.”

“Grab a hoof.” Braveheart says with a sigh. The two each grab on of Fluttershy’s legs and and begin pulling. Quite gasps of pain and repeated apologies came from inside the log.

“So.” Rainbow says with a grunt. “What was it like?”

“What?” Braveheart asks in response.

“Killing that giant snake?”

Braveheart stops pulling. “I never killed it.” He drops Fluttershy's leg. “Oh no.” The two look at each other. “Get her out now!” He turns and runs back to the tree.

Rainbow turns to the log. “Sorry Fluttershy but this is going to hurt.”

Braveheart bursts through some bushes and nearly collides with Applejack. “Wow there partner, what’s the hurry?”

“Get Pinkie and Rarity then go help Rainbow; this place isn’t safe the basilisk is still alive!”

“What I thought ya killed him?” Applejacks eye widen. “Oh no, Rarity’s over by the tree!”

“Oh no no no!” He bolts for the tree.

“Pinkie!” Applejack yells. “We’re leavin’ let’s go!”

“Hello dear pony!” The now half blind snake circled the fashionista. “Sssssee what your friend did to me?” Blood dripped from his eye. “I’m done with mercsssy, done with cssssivility.” He hissed exposing his monstrous fangs. “I hunger for fressssh meat.”

“I-I'm not afraid of you.” Rarity said shaking.

The snake laughs. “Then why do you shiver?” He rears back his head in preparation to strike.

“Don’t touch her!” Braveheart leapt onto the creatures back. He began to thrust his blade into the creature. “You... son... of... a... bitch!” The basilisk shook him off.

“You sssstubborn foolssss! Why don’t you just give u-!” The giant snake’s eye widen with shock. “Y-your ssssupposed to be dead, no creature can ssssurvive a vampire’sss kissss!”

“Vampire?” Rarity said softly.

“Rarity run!” Braveheart yelled. The unicorn nodded and ran back to her friends.

“Just you and me now...” Braveheart spun his sword. “Let’s dance!”

Rarity ran back towards their temporary camp. “Applejack?! Pinkie?! Rainbow Dash?!” She looked around franticly. “Anypony help!”

“Rarity!” Rainbow suddenly landed beside her. “Thank Celestia you’re ok!” Rarity hugged the weather pony tightly. “Wow, ok, uh yeah glad to see you too Rare but we have more important things right now, come on!” The Pegasus speed off followed closely by Rarity.

“Applejack I found her, so let’s... Applejack?” Rainbow stared at her friend.

Applejack pointed and said. “Look.” Rainbow turned to see a clear view of the fight.

The ground was soaked in blood as was Braveheart. The snake struck randomly at his attacker but was obviously losing. Its movements were no longer precise but rather were unfocused and clumsy. “I-I...” Rarity couldn’t decide what to think, Braveheart was her friend and her rescuer but what he was doing to this creature was almost cruel.

Rainbow flared her wings and when to join the fight, but Applejack grabbed her tail and held her back. "Don't even shink abot it!" The farmer yelled though her teeth. "Ya' can't help em'!"

The basilisk struck again and Braveheart dodged and stabbed through its good eye. It reared its head up and began to flail around. Its blood chilling screams filled the forest. With its head held high, the snake’s body began to stiffen. Suddenly its body burst into blue flames. The skeleton fell to the earth with a crash and they too began to burn leaving behind a large blue crystal disk. Braveheart picked up the disk, in its center was a golden arrow that pointed to the south east.

“Well done hero.” The snake’s voice filled the grove. Braveheart looked up to see its soul, a brilliant gold ghost of the fallen beast. “You have freed me from my curse.” It bowed its head. “Please follow the compass; it shall guide you to what you seek.” Its body began to fade. “Thank you...”

Braveheart fell onto his back painting. The strong scent of copper filled his nose. "What I seek..." He wondered what that was.


“Lord Ganondorf!” Twilight burst into the throne room of the dark lords castle. “I have retrieved what you wanted.” She knelled in front of him. “I have the hero’s blood.”

Ganondorf smiled. “Good, then we can begin!” His horn began to glow and a shadowy presence filled the room. “Arise my child! Arise and fulfill your destiny!” In the center of the room a void made of shadow opened up and out of it raised a figure of shadow, his eyes glowed red. “Welcome to Equestria, Dark Link.”

Author's Note:

Yeah ok, so chapter three done! Yay! Yup Twilight's a vampire now, and yes I do know what I'm doing with that ok! I have a reason for it, just you wait and see.

Please leave a comment and tell me what you think! Feed back is always appreciated.

Comments ( 6 )

The strange thing about this is that I just finished working on recreating some Zelda music.... Great chapter! I can't wait to see what will happen!

So I do really like this story the only problem is everything seems a bit rushed. In the first chapter Link is dreaming then he is suddenly awake and his house is on fire. Be a little more descriptive, add in tiny details. Also is his name Link BraveHeart, or do different people just like to refer to him as Link And lastly who gave him the clothes? Was it the Goddeses, Luna, the note said John Smith so could it be the Doctor? Or is it just a secret to everyone :3?

3074191

Yeah pacing has never been my strong suit. His name will be explained later and as well as the clothing mystery.

Great story so far i like that is original while not straying too far from the games keep it up:derpytongue2:

plz update its a great fic i cant wait for the next chapter this literaly combines my two favorite things ( holy shit are these new?:trixieshiftleft::trixieshiftright::scootangel::trollestia::coolphoto::applecry::eeyup::moustache::duck:

3074323
More. More! MORE!MORE!!!MORE!!!!

Login or register to comment