• Published 28th Feb 2013
  • 366 Views, 11 Comments

The Lost Elements - SpaghettiPie



After her attacks on Nightmare Moon and Discord, Twilight Sparkle finds herself reading a new book gifted from her mentore, and she doesn't plan that finishing it will cost her another element, of a different kind.

  • ...
 11
 366

The Book of Elements, again

Quicksilver used her magic, levitating a small book with a leather binding. “Must run, got to get home!” She yelled at herself, trotting at a rapid speed of running. The wider strides made her go farther, and faster.

A slight pegasus flew beside her as she ran. “What have you got there, Quicky?” The handsome voice of a familiar pegasus edged against her ears while she ran.

“You pegasi have it easy,” Quicksilver yelled angrily, “getting to fly everywhere. Unicorns can’t just fly away somewhere, and teleportation spells are extremely difficult.” She started to pant, feeling her legs become weak and frail.

“Well, do you need a lift?”

“I don’t know, can you pick me up?” Quicksilver snapped angrily at the voice, flying high and fast. Quicksilver started to slow down, breathing hoarsely. “Berry ill, it would be helpful.”

The flying pale green pegasus laughed and nodded. “Alright, Quicksilver. Your house is where again?” He grinned, picking up the mare by her waist and flying smoothly.

“The apartment house they built. You live beside me.” Quicksilver growled a bit. “I got the book, by the way. Do you think we can find any information?”

“Yeah.” Berryl snickered. “We are both scientists. It will be easy to figure it out.” He lifted the body weight up into the sky, spiraling around and laughing as Quicksilver’s mane waved like a flag in the morning sky.

“Sure, but, remember, Twilight Sparkle didn’t figure anything out. She spends all her time reading books and clutching them like a stallion clutches a mare’s hoof in love. She’s obsessed!” Quicksilver said angrily, flattening her ears.

“She’s intelligent, Quicksilver. Even without her books, she has a form of intellect that others just don’t understand. She could be used with help.” Berryl said, flattening his ears as Quicksilver’s mane flowed onto his face. “Would you mind putting your hair up ever?” He growled aggressively.

“You just think that. She’s just an idiot who is praised by the Princess. The Princess doesn’t even know we exist. Keep it that way, will you?” Quicksilver snorted, rolling her eyes.

“Fine, I just want her to know that I didn’t have a part in this. When I saw her,” Berryl started with a light smile that glowed like a firefly. “I knew of her astuteness, just by her violet eyes. The magic she could have. We could have. You mock her for reading many books, Quicky. When was the last time you picked up a book?”

Quicksilver coughed and pointed at the magic ring around her horn. “I am right now, aren’t I?” She snorted. “Besides, you can’t love her. We all know who she loves.”

“Who?”

“The Princess. It is apparent that she has deep feelings for the royalty.” Quicksilver rolled her eyes. “Gender doesn’t matter in this town like it does in Canterlot. The bunch of snobs, instantly think that we are mates. I wouldn’t mate with you in a million of years, I wouldn’t with any stallion.”

“Any mare?” Berryl snickered openly, waving his wings slowly as they neared a large building, it looked like a more busy town than Ponyville, but it was just an expansion of it they made. It was like Pony City, but still Ponyville.

Quicksilver’s pupils widened and she coughed loudly. “What is your problem? You know that I don’t ever plan to mate, with anypony!” She brushed her mane back. Her face a deep red that glowed like a ruby.

Berryl snorted and then swooped down onto a balcony. “This is your room, right?” He flicked his ear with interest.

“Mmhmm.” Quicksilver trotted down and opened the two glass doors. “I got the presidential room, I said I was lost and needed a room to stay in. The stallion, or colt, at the front was in awe for my mane. He was young. Younger than you. Looked like he just came out of a High School.”

“So you went all sexy?” Berryl snickered.

“Yes, I do what I can to get what I want.” Quicksilver nodded and walked into the living room, made with white carpets and blue walls. A large round table with a cloth on it lay as a coffee table and there was a few science books on it. She dropped the leather-bound elements book on the others and poked it open.

“Sure. You just wanted someone to compliment your mane.” Berryl muttered under his breath and brushing his backwards, groaning on the messy style is upheld.

“No, Berry. See, I just needed this for most privacy. I knew I could grab this book once I heard the celestial star speaking about it. Twilight Sparkle is easy to read through, like her own books.” Quicksilver nodded with joy, Berryl snorted.

“Her books, easy to read? Lets see you read this one, then.” Berryl flicked his ear, walking in the room with a curious look placed on his face. There was also a cross version of smug, pride and hatred.

Quicksilver nodded, and looked down into the book. She let out a dark cough.

“All the elements are pure substances. There is not a single one that is a compound or a mixture, but together that is what they can make. From the sand on the ground, and the water that we drink, those are all made from elements. The air that we breath, is an element, too. A mixture of Nitrogen and Oxygen. The items in a balloon is made from helium, another element.”

Quicksilver flicked her ear, too. “Maybe Twilight Sparkle just read the beginning, and never got to finish the book. This is near the ending, and that might be a reason she didn’t want to give me the book.”

Berryl perked his ears tightly. “You stole this from her? What about not being a bleep on Celestia’s map?” He shouted angrily, his hoof stomping in unison as his voice boomed.

“Shut up, Berry. I didn’t take it from her. I said I would give it back, anyways. Not like she needs a new book, she lives in a library. Just get her to read some Harry Trotter and she’ll forget about everything.” Quicksilver sighed, and rolled her eyes. She started to read again.

“There are also eleven types of elements, like Metals, Non-Metals, Liquids and...”

“I’m just going to skip this part, it can’t be too vital to the research.” Quicksilver muttered, flipping the page.

Berryl nodded slightly, and he started to read now.

“This table, also known as the ‘Periodic Table of Elements’ shows most all information on the elements.”

They both stopped.

Quicksilver squinted her eyes and tilted her head. “I can’t read it.” She growled quietly. “It’s smudged, like someone died while writing this. Do you think it is a Starswirl the Bearded? They say he died while writing one of his books.”

Berryl shrugged, then pressed his hoof against the page. “I’d say it can’t be. Starswirl had messy hoof-writing, or so my mentor said, and this is extremely neat and readable. It makes sense, too. Starswirl mostly wrote about spells.”

“There is a spell, look.” Quicksilver’s horn glowed softly and flipped the pages of the book. There was an engraved spell on one of the pages. “So, it could have been Starswirl’s mentor or Starswirl’s apprentice, but either way, it screams Starswirl.”

“We should bring this back, we can work on this without the book, Quicksilver.” Berryl sighed, closing the book softly. “I can do the task, you should stay here and think about it some more. I would rather go out and cause some chaos, anyways.” He smiled as he picked up the book and wrapped his tail around it.

“Fine, Berry Ill, but it better not take you too long, I’m not waiting here for an hour.” Quicksilver snorted with an upset look on her face. “And,” She started up again after a minute of waiting. “If I hear news of a pale green, brown eyed, emerald cutie-marked pegasus flirting with Twilight Sparkle,”

Berryl interrupted quickly. “You wont.” After stomping his hoof, and glaring Quicksilver with challenge, he took off in a flash of green, his wings tearing at the air.

Quicksilver sighed, flattening her ears and walking away to the couch. Resting her body on the leather looking material, she shut her eyes and muttered quietly to herself.

Author's Note:

Again, this will be edited soon. I'm just tired.

/P.S. Thanks, OpalBerries and SlipperPutty, for the reviews and helping me edit. I'm a generally hurry-up person who hates fixing my mistakes, and it just helps when someone is pushing me to fix them.

Comments ( 2 )

D'aww, thanks for the mention :twilightsheepish: But seriously, glad to help any way I can.

BTW, near the middle of this chapter, it sounds like Quicksilver and Berryl could have their own reality TV show, the way they're arguing. :derpytongue2:

I decided to come back and read the new chapters, and I'm glad I did. By the fact that you're currently studying the periodic table at school I'm going to guess that you're either in middle school or high school, and in either case this is pretty impressive. Definite improvements from when I read the first two chapters and I'm looking forward to more.
:twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment