• Published 28th Feb 2013
  • 366 Views, 11 Comments

The Lost Elements - SpaghettiPie



After her attacks on Nightmare Moon and Discord, Twilight Sparkle finds herself reading a new book gifted from her mentore, and she doesn't plan that finishing it will cost her another element, of a different kind.

  • ...
 11
 366

Berries Taste Good

The same day, Twilight Sparkle managed to trot her way to a dark forest, it was steaming with heat and water, and looked like something from a scary movie. Twilight looked down at her hooves and then shook her head.

Memories passed through her now like a ghost solemnly looking for something to prey upon. There was the best memory, though. She was younger and less wise than now, and had no idea how powerful friendship, outside of books, could be. The orange pony had refused to leave her side, while the pink one had said something so childish. She let out a calm chuckle at her memory and walked around the forest.

A small cottage on a hill laid in front of the forest, and looked calm and peaceful. Twilight continued to walk on the hill, coming close to the cottage. A creamy, pink haired figure crawled up behind the window and waved softly.

As Twilight reached the house, she moved to the door, where the cream coated pegasus waited.

“Oh, Twilight.” She muttered, her voice was extremely quiet with a silk touch against the ear. “Twilight, I’m glad you came. Rainbow Dash was just about to leave, she said that you were being too busy with Rarity, Apple Jack and Pinkie Pie. I didn’t know when you were coming so I tried to keep her to stay.”

“It would be alright, Flutter Shy,” Twilight started, walking in softly. She turned her head to see a blue, rainbow maned, maroon eyed pegasus. “if Rainbow wanted to leave, you could have let her.” Twilight sat down beside the pegasus, upside down on a tan couch.

“See?” She growled silently, jumping up from the couch and flying softly around the house.

Inside of it was many animals, from mice to monkeys, from ducks to dogs, and a pure white bunny named Angel, Flutter Shy’s pet rabbit. She treats Angel with most care from all the animals.

“Flutter Shy, you could have let me go, I need to train a bit harder.” She flew backwards and nudged Twilight. “I got a new move. I can’t rely on the old Sonic Rainboom to get the Wonderbolts’ attention!” She flew down onto the couch and looked at Twilight. “I was thinking of twirling around a cloud and then going through it, with a little help from you we can make it snow as soon as I go through it!”

Twilight smiled softly, feeling confused about the concept, but continued to listen.

“Then, I would slam into it again and as soon as I do you can make it rain, coming out of the giant cloud, swelled with hail and myself,” The Blue pegasus flew up into the sky, twirling, although avoiding the ceiling. “Cheering! An explosion of color as I dash down and touch the stands, trotting with pride as my mane spreads rainbows across their faces! Rainbows of joy and amusement, nobody would ignore me anymore. Spitfire would be forced to put me in and you, Twilight Sparkle, could be my very own assistant.”

“Rainbow, I would be honored, but we have something really important to talk about now,” Twilight smiled and then used her magic to pull the book from her Saddle Bag. “this book holds a secret we need to figure out.”

Flutter Shy, flattened her ears and trotted towards the pair. “The royal we, or us three, or the Elements?”

“The Elements, Flutter Shy. It’s important because it says something about us, and our only clue is potassium. I don’t even know what it is, and I can’t ask Celestia, she was the one who gave me the book. She might understand-”

“But Twilight Sparkle doesn’t want the Princess to know that she can’t get it.” Rainbow Dash said smugly and then laughed, out stretching her hoof. “I’ve got this. We need a rope, a flower, a flower pot and Flutter Shy.”

“What are you talking about, Rainbow Dash?” Twilight turned her head, and then put the book down.

“Potassium. Pot. Flower pots, something we need inside of it is a flower. Tass, I would guess rope. Lastly, Um. Flutter Shy goes um all the time.” Rainbow Dash nodded. “I’d say you need to make a potion to get things started.”

“No, Rainbow. That’s not what it means. Read it, I don’t think kindness would be the only element.” Twilight pointed towards the book and sighed slightly.

Rainbow Dash read a line from the book, tilting her head with confusion. She lifted her head and look towards Twilight. “I don’t know,” she sat back again and then sighed. “I just think that we need more help. Just ask the princess.”

“Rainbow, Celestia gave me the book. She didn’t know, obviously.” Twilight rebutted and put the book back in her saddle bag.

“Twilight?” The soft voice of Flutter Shy came slowly from a distance, acting like a variable to calm to equation. “Maybe if Princess Celestia gave it to you, you can ask Luna. She might know.”

Twilight tapped her hoof on her chin, then thought for a few seconds. “You’re right, Flutter Shy. But when are we going to make the time to go to Canterlot. The train came in last night, it wont come back for a while.”

Rainbow Dash flicked her ear. “Spike can write to Celestia requesting a chariot? Flutter Shy and I can drive it.”

“But for what reason would we want to go down there?” Twilight sighed reluctantly.

“A friendly check-up on your brother and Cadence?” Flutter Shy muttered softly.

There was a long, hesitant pause.

“I suppose that should do.” Twilight started, thinking softly.

A loud crash against the window and there was a pale green pegasus with scruffy brown hair.

“Hey!” They said, male from the sound of their voice. “This is a house. In a forest. Do you have any damn berries?”

Flutter Shy flattened her ears as the many animals were scared off into holes and rooms. Even a doe ran up the stairs and tucked themselves away in a room. “Berries?”

“Yeah, berries. I was just down at that really weird place, in the town, there were two ponies. Frantically talking about how their precocious little fillies can’t possible ever go near the stove. The stallion, oh my, was he hoping about and the mare. What a mess- she couldn’t help but yell out a window towards me. Then they had a scruffy little pink one come out to help me. She didn’t do much and all I wanted was a cupcake! Can you believe it?” They took in a large breath and then started to talk again. “I said to them all I wanted was a berry-licious cupcake, but oh no. No, they were out of berries and told me that if I can find some berries for them then they would make the damn thing for me. Nothing. All the stores were out and someone said to check here in the house in the woods.”

Flutter Shy walked closer to the window and opened it. “I’m glad that wasn’t muffled. Come in, please? I’m sure Angel Bunny wouldn’t mind sharing some blue berries. What’s your name?”

“The name’s Berryl, kind of like Berry Ill. Everyone says it like this; Bear-E-el. Either way is cool, but whatever you choose it’s probably going to bother me. I don’t like it when people say my name, in fact, I think my name is a burden to everyone! Like everyone else’s name. What is yours then, so I can have the honor of making fun of it?” Berryl snickered, shoving aside his handsome mane.

“My name is Flutter Shy. Over there is Rainbow Dash and Twilight Sparkle.” Flutter Shy let her pink mane drop into her own face.

“Mmhmm.” Berryl started. “Flutter Shy is already a bad name, enough. Seems as though it fits you. Long drafty mane in your face, tail extensions, sickly pale coat, soft eyes and a voice that can’t do much. I see why you hang about these animals.”

Flutter Shy was dumbstruck. She flattened her ears and started to whimper a bit, her head lowering and her mane going to cover her large eyes, watering.

“Hey!” Rainbow Dash shouted, flying up with rage and zooming towards the innocent cream pony. “You don’t deserve to call Flutter Shy anything! Why don’t you get out of her house!”

“Oh, Rainbow maned. You must be Rainbow Dash. Certainly seems like it with a speed rage of a lot. Too bad, she invited me in and hasn’t invited me out. She seems too upset to say anything to me. Must hurt, to have weak little friends who wouldn’t stand up for you if you were hurt. Not like you could, your ego must be enormous. Does it have it’s own trailer, I don’t see it anywhere!” Berryl snickered, walking closer to a different room, a kitchen filled with smaller animals.

“How about a trailer for your fat mouth?” Rainbow Dash stomped down her hoof, snorting with rage.

“Rainbow!” Twilight shouted, sticking her hoof out to stop the pegasus from talking any further. “I can get him out with a spell. He’ll leave with reason, probably.” She trotted in front of Rainbow Dash and Flutter Shy (who was on the edge of crying), and walked to the kitchen with Berryl.

“Berry Ill?” Twilight spoke up, flicking her ear as she looked for the flying monster who had broken the most innocent pony’s heart. “Can we talk?”

“Depends.” A voice floated down from the ceiling. “What do you want to talk about?”

Twilight looked up to see the pale green pegasus sitting down on a hook, glaring with interest, his dark brown eyes gleaming softly with a porcelain smile crossed on it. His cutie-mark was clear, now. Berryl must have been a miner pony, with emeralds for his cutie-mark. She sat down facing him. “Would you like to come down here.”

“No.” He flicked his ear. “Would you like to come up here?”

“How would that be possible, I’m a unicorn, I can’t fly.” Twilight sighed. “I would prefer it if you came down here and talked with me.

“Come on.” He sighed. “Whats good with life in the light, how about life into night?” He started a small rhyme, starting to fly down calmly.

Twilight smiled as he sat down beside her, she opened her mouth to talk.

“You know, your mane is really pretty.” He said, putting his hoof on the back of her head. “Its a shame that your head is filled with wisdom instead of more pretty.”

“Being prettier.” Twilight corrected. “And, Thank you.” She blushed a bit, putting her hoof down.

“I should get going.” Berryl stood up, threw his mane back and jumped up, his wings spreading widely with a smooth smile. He flew from the kitchen door, a shout from Rainbow Dash could be heard from the kitchen, and the opening of the door. Berryl left.

Twilight stood up, sighing slightly and then walked away to the living room. “I told you,” she started, holding her hoof up to her chest and smiling. “it took reason and logic. Not brute force.”

Rainbow Dash snorted. “Now your sounding just like Rarity, besides, he might just have needed to calm down after being challenged.”

Flutter Shy drooped her head and sniffled a bit.

Twilight walked over to the two and lifted up Flutter Shy’s head. “He didn’t mean it. The way he was insulting everyone, he probably just isn’t used to meeting ponies that are kind. He could have had a crushing filly-hood.” She smiled softly, Flutter Shy sniffled a little bit.

The animals started to come back, and some went near Flutter Shy and chittered softly.

Twilight nodded, and then sat down. “So, how about that meeting?”

Flutter Shy nodded. “We can go, right Rainbow Dash?”

“Mmhmm.”

Author's Note:

This will be edited soon, I swear on it. I'm sorry I haven't posted in a while, I've been doing important things and writing doesn't cross my mind. I will try to get this edited on Friday.

Excuse my absences.