• Published 13th Feb 2013
  • 1,224 Views, 28 Comments

Frost and Flame - Snow Shard



Well were do i start? First of all, my name is Snow shard i'm a phoenix pony. phoenix ponies are rare to start with but i'm the rarest of them all a frozen phoenix pony. you might ask what is a frozen phoenix pony? Well do want to know?

  • ...
21
 28
 1,224

(Chapter seven) Black phoenix: The demon and the phoenix

-death


Twilight watched in both amazement and horror as Envoyon got up from the floor in front of the throne and walked like some kind of zombie up to the throne and took a seat. She was wondering before how he had cast a spell so powerful it could defeat the elements of harmony with such ease but she now saw the power had taken a mighty toll on him soo much so that it had seemingly killed him So now, how in the name of the royal sisters did he get back up after his death? She looked as he turned to her.
Envoyon: " I thought...you would be asleep...for a bit longer." He said trying as hard as he could to catch his breath looking as if he could die once more at any second in fact, she could defeat him in his current state but there was the fact that she was in a cage--that held up amazingly well for it's age--and she would risk killing him in this state. After gathering her thoughts she spoke.

Twilight: "Well, i have some questions for you." She said sternly.
Envoyon: "And i care?" He said jokingly.
Twilight: "Well it seems i hold the upper hove right now should i make a move." She said hoping he would not see through her bluff.
Envoyon: "Point taken, even you could kill me easily right now huh?" He said with a weary smile.
Twilight: "First how are you not dead right now?"
Envoyon: "Well i saw that coming. You see i am what you may call a shadow god, or rather THE shadow god and as such i don't stay dead i just revive and to tell the truth it hurts more and more every time, the feeling of every organ in your body beating back to life, your lungs gasping and clawing for breath there are things that can kill me don't get me wrong but i'm not going to tell you. But that aside i was summoned into existence to protect the phoenix pony kingdom oh and if your wondering how that went take a look around your in the throne room of the phoenix pony king Rex."

he said grabbing the right side of his face with his right caws to shield his eye from the light for a moment his head was hurting bad he was unable to see straight before but now it was all returning to him he was almost healed now but he thought he would let the unicorn ask one more question..
Twilight: "What? but you said this place was destroyed."
Envoyon: "What? i said no such thing." he said a tad confused.
Twilight: "When we first met."

Envoyon: "Huh? oh! ha ha HA HA HA HA! you think i'm Snow?"he said as if she had just made a joke.
Twilight: "Y-you are right?"
Envoyon: "Yes and no, we share this body. Let me explain, you see phoenix ponies are not unicorns they can't do magic summoning but they can use potion magic to change a life already in progress, what happened was the potion to make me was made by the king himself and drank by the strongest warrior in the palace at the kings order when they were lucky enough that she was pregnant and willing. Her name was, Spark Shard she was a fire phoenix pony and naturally orange because she was female she had crimson eyes and yellow claws and red wings her long flowing mane was also orange and her mark was downward facing sword with a dragon circle around it she was the strongest of the warriors her flame was mighty and her mind quick but one day she met her match the earth phoenix pony Fable Wind, he was an earth phoenix pony so he was green with emerald wings and brown claws he had blue eyes his mane was short and shaggy and his mark was hammer held by vines he too was a mighty warrior maybe the only one who could defeat her they were the two strongest in all the kingdom and when the king caught wind they were expecting a foal he got to work.

And it was a success the foal was born and named Snow Shard the two parents were overjoyed they had a foal and to add he was the first frozen phoenix pony in over one-hundred years it was an amazing thing that had all of the kingdom in a uproar they were not only the mightiest warriors of the kingdom but they had brought life to the second frozen phoenix pony since twenty years after the fail of king Lazarus. But the king did not expect that he would be born, he thought it would be the demon he called so he of course did not tell the two lovers that he really gave them the potion to kill their foal and make this demon. He thought he had failed but then after two years he got word that that Snow Shard had been talking to something that was not there speaking to seemingly nothing the mother and father were worried they thought the king would know because of the potion he had gave her that she thought was to make him strong he then made a visit to the their house after ordering the lovers to go and slay a hydra that had come up at the main gate as a decoy. He inspected the foal after telling Snow Shard it was no more then a health check up, he spent hours trying to find any sign of the monster in the end he failed, and in his rage ordered the murder of the foal he stepped out to calm him self when he returned the guards ordered to kill the foal were dead, torn apart and in place of the foal stood a black and red phoenix pony larger then himself it towered over him, the monster did not like him but it could not ignore that he given him life so it served as the guardian demon of the kingdom in secret for twenty-three years and it's name was Envoyon."

Twilight: "..Wow so um what happened to the kingdom?" She said in shock trying to understand how she got here, what Envoyon was, and what could have happened after the events of the story she just heard.
Envoyon: "Well i could tell you but i have now regained my power so that was your last question for today." he said a smile cracking across his face as Twilight now shrunk from the demon at his full power Envoyon: "Worry not i don't plan to kill you or anything i just need to be sure you don't rejoin your friends that way you can't catch me your free to move about this room as you wish but no farther i have a food supply for you there." He said pointing to a bag of vegetables and fruit and next to it was a pool of clean water in the corner of the room she thought to be her water he forgot to mention.
Twilight: "Is that water for me?" She asked looking at it.
Envoyon: "Hmm? oh yes it is...in fact." He got off the throne and walked over to it his claw glowed red and he began to cut at the ground in front of it when he was done she looked over and felt as if he was making fun of her as he had carved Twilight in the ground to show it was her's like she was a dog. Envoyon; "There." He said smiling then his eyes flashed red and the cage opened Twilight walked out still glaring at him just then it hit her
Twilight: "Were my element headdress?"
Envoyon: "I will keep that for now." He said walking to the large door.
Twilight: "Were are you going?" She said worried about what he might do to her friends or anypony he comes in contact with.
Envoyon: "To do whatever i want, for the first time i am...free." He said the doors closing behind him

Author's Note:

I'm sorry it's taking so long lately inspiration is little it seems.

Comments ( 5 )

Oh god the grammar!!!
cdn2.planetminecraft.com/files/resource_media/screenshot/1212/Grammar_Nazi_1749359.jpg
Okay, well, yeah, just gonna be frank, the story is messed up.
Not the story itself, but the way it is written.
Overall, loads of potential, LOVE the Phoenix pony idea, really cool. It's true, I love the idea.
But, and this is a BIG but, you hardly ever use periods.
They're very important in ANY writing.
Furthermore, hardly anything is capitalized when it should be.
You need to capitalize the I's and even though you don't have any periods capitalizing where the beginning of a sentence should be is very important.
So, don't feel that bad if it looks like I'm just "hating" or your writing "sucks" because I'm not.
You just need to do some heavy editing, the story is nice and I think I could find it enjoying but it is nearly impossible when I can hardly understand it.
Sorry if this seems a little harsh but I am just stating the truth and speaking my mind.
Furthermore, you don't use the little '___' to indent your thoughts or anything!!!
Sometimes I can't tell if your narrating or the character is thinking.
I've read through some of your later Author notes and I see that you don't care about grammar, but it creates a problem in understanding your story half the time.
I know I have only really read the first chapter and part of the second, maybe I'm overreacting.
But it's just that this looks like it could be such a good read and I am a little sad to see it ruined because of the lack of grammar fixing.
More people WILL enjoy it if they can understand it.
Anyway, sorry for ranting and if I have upset you in anyway then I am terribly sorry.
I'll probably read the other chapters when I have free time but I'm no longer in the mood...
Anyway, have a good day,

Blue Spark out!

2295047 Oh that it? Well don't worry i did change a lot of stuff after chapter five. Chapter six is when the changes took full hold i'm just too dumb to remember to go back and fix stuff i think will do that tomorrow also i was having PC problems during chapter one and two

2295460
Understandable, I just hope that it will become easier to read.

2295512 Got it. Actually i'm at work on it right now.

2295564
Thanks, can't wait to read when it's, well, actually readable.
Or at least by my standards, that is.

Login or register to comment