• Published 2nd Feb 2013
  • 648 Views, 3 Comments

A Better Tomorrow - TheJournalisticBrony



Scootaloo has been abandoned and has to find the strength to carry on.

  • ...
3
 3
 648

Chapter 6: Final Days

I was shocked that she knew. I sobbed a bit and snuggled close to Rainbow Dash. I felt her look at me and mimicked her action.
She then started to tell me something I didn’t know about her, “Scootaloo. I have to tell you something. You know, a while back before I got my job and a home, I was abandoned too. I went through everything you went through, although, all my friends didn’t know about me being abandoned. But, I was thinking you could stay here. I was thinking that you could live with me. I know I am rushing things, but, I mean, I hope to soon adopt you as my own..” I then felt my eyes get teary. I sobbed and snuggled close to Rainbow Dash. My life has been so hard lately. Those words that just came out of Rainbow Dash’s mouth made me feel happy and content. Those words made me feel like I was at home.
“Thanks,” I managed to say back before crying more. As I was crying, Rainbow Dash was rubbing her right hoof through my mane, while her left hoof was holding me against her. She started to hum a bit, which made me feel better.
Minutes later, and my tears dwindled down to none. I just say there, with Rainbow Dash, stroking my mane. Her humming continued. I started to get tired and started to close my eyes. But I soon noticed that she wasn’t humming to me, but singing me to sleep. Her voice was warm, cozy, and was beautiful. I have never heard her sing, or even hum. She sang to me:
Now Scootaloo
Times are hard
But someday you will see
That these pains will soon fade away
Just rest with me
And you will see
All your troubles will fade away

Hearing me Rainbow Dash sing, made me feel happy and all my troubles seemed to disappear. So that night, I fell asleep, happy, because Rainbow Dash was in my life and I was with her. It is funny how just one pony can make a difference in your life. That night, I had a dream. A dream of Rainbow Dash adopting me. It was a perfect dream. A dream that could never come true. I knew that there wouldn’t be enough time for that, for I knew what was going to happen soon. Tommorow will be a better day, I hope.
The next morning I wake up to Rainbow Dash next to me. She is awake, but we just sit there. She wraps her arms around me and pulls me close to her warm radiant body. We lay there for minutes of silence.
She then goes to ask me, “So, how did you sleep last night?”
“I haven’t gotten this much sleep in a lifetime,” I responded. She laughed a bit then started to hum to me for a bit. I felt relaxed as she was humming. Why wouldn’t I? The songs she hummed were unique, yet they were beautiful. It felt like listening to an angel.
I said to her after she stopped her humming, “That was beautiful.”
“Thanks,” she responded.
“So why I haven't ever heard you hum before, like while your walking around all of PonyVille?" I ask.
She thought of it for a moment. She than spoke, "I don't because I like to hum around people who are close. Your close and I don't mind. But anyways, let me show you something." She held me in her arms and carried me thought the doors.
"Your pretty light for a filly," Rainbow Dash said, embarresing me. When we got inside, I asked Rainbow Dash to put me down. We then walked up the stairs and she opened the room that she told me not to open. It was a room, with a blue cyan bed (on the front left wall). The bed was big enough to fit a young colt. The walls were of her and The Wonderbolts. The carpet was red velvet. There was a huge bean bag in the back right corner.
She nudged me into the room and said, "Welcome to your room." Those words struck me and made me dumbfounded. This was more than impressive, this was perfect. Rainbow Dash wasn't done speaking, "Hope you enjoy it daughter." I was august. I had millions of thoughts racing through my head. But the first thing I did was hug Rainbow Dash constrictively. We both cried a bit.
"How did you make this possible?" I asked.
"While you were sleeping, I went to town hall, and I made you my daughter by filling out some papers," Rainbow Dash said.
"Thank you so much," I cry. This was super touching. I didn't know that Rainbow Dash was going to do all of this. I wanted to thank Rainbow Dash for this someway. Rainbow Dash looked at her watch.
"Hey Scoots, there is a lightning storm that I need to take care of. I was thinking of you helping me get rid of it. It shouldn't take too long. I mean, this could be a great mother daughter activity," Rainbow Dash said.
"Of course!" I responded excited. Rainbow Dash and I flew out if the door quickly. I followed with Rainbow Dash. My stomache started to feel weird. I ignored it and continued to soar with my hero. I looked to see where the cloud was. It looked roughly 10 miles away.
This was going to be my first weather task, which was cool. As we started to aproach the cloud, I started to see a white light strike different places. I didn't know what it was, but I was pretty sure it was called lightning.
"Lightning," Rainbow Dash said, "Something that is very dangerous and I would try to keep low and dodge it. You get struck and it could mean you will never walk again or something like that. Be careful Scoots when we go in there. I am going to try to find the eye of the storm, go up and fly around the cloud and try to stop it. Got it Scootaloo?"
"Yes," I said with a grin. The lightning storm was about a mile away. Then I saw something striking the ground, destroying it. It wasn't lightning. It was dark gray and was destroying everything in its path.
Rainbow Dash looked shocked, "Tornado! Alright Scoots, you need to preform The Sonic Cloudboom on the lightning storm while I get rid of the tornado." Rainbow Dash was flying and talking to me, but not paying attention. A tree was flung from the tornado. It hit Rainbow Dash, and knocked her out (she also was falling to earth).
I suddenly almost froze, for this was like one of my dreams. Well, more like a nightmare. The nightmare was terrible and had been occurring frequently, until a few nights ago. It was of Rainbow Dash falling to earth, and I chase after her. Everytime I had this nightmare, I would either wake up screaming or see her hit the ground,
I saw Rainbow Dash falling to earth. I see this and fly quickly to catch her. Rainbow Dash is now about 1,000 feet from earth, 500 feet, 250 feet. I catch her quickly, but get pulled down by her weight. At 100 feet, I seem to have more control at that height. I lower her down as carefully as I could. Soon, I hit the ground with Rainbow Dash in my arms.
I look up at the storm, except now it has disappeared. Than I look down at Rainbow Dash and see her bruised body.
"Rainbow Dash!" I cry. "Please be alive!" I recieve no response. "Please still be here. In Celestia's name, this can't be happening! Please wake up Rainbow Dash!" I started to cry because my hero is dead. Soon, I hear faint groaning. With me hearing this, I have hope. Rainbow Dash soon wakes up to find me next to her.
"Scootaloo, did you save me?" Rainbow Dash asked.
"Yes and I am so happy your alive!" I cry. Rainbow Dash gives me a big hug. I was so happy that Rainbow Dash was alive, but something didn't feel right.
My stomache starts to sear with pain and I fall over. My entire body feels weak. I feel so much pain and my body aches in the joints and muscles.
Rainbow Dash asks, "Scootaloo? Scootaloo?"
My voice gets raspy, "Yes Rainbow Dash."
Rainbow Dash starts to tear up, "Scootaloo, everything is going to be alright. I am going to take you to a hospital." Rainbow Dash starts to cry and I try not to. This is where I explain the whole truth. There was a reason why I was I'm the hospital, a reason why I spent time with my friends, and a reason why I haven't been feeling good lately. I look into her eyes.
"Rainbow Dash, doctors can't fix a terminal disease. I wish they could. Rainbow Dash, I'm dying right now," I say, getting weaker and weaker every second.
Rainbow Dash takes me into her arms and manages to ask while crying uncontrollably, "Why didn't you tell me sooner. I would have spent more time with you if I knew about it."
"I didn't want to tell you and make you worried. But today was great, so was yesterday. Rainbow Dash, I need to tell you one thing," I sputter out. My legs are now getting numb and so are my wings.
"Anything," she responds back.
"All this time on earth, my days haven't been the best. I still looked at life in a positive way and thought the next day would be better. When I am gone, please do the same. Please do it, for me," I say, making those my last words before my soul goes to heaven.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment