• Published 2nd Feb 2013
  • 648 Views, 3 Comments

A Better Tomorrow - TheJournalisticBrony



Scootaloo has been abandoned and has to find the strength to carry on.

  • ...
3
 3
 648

Chapter 3: Before Friends

After the nurse finished telling me the news, I left. The nurse didn't want me to pay because of the news she brought me. All I wanted to do is be with my friends. I wanted to hang out with them everyday, not caring about life (I guess that is what summer is for). But I wanted to hide with Rainbow Dash at the same time. I wanted to have her hold me in her arms and we could talk about everything. I had so many different feeling that were going off at the same time. I felt sad, happy, angry, and scared.

School would continue on. I would have to attend. Just because that I have a medical condition does not mean that I ditch. But everyday, I will make my last. I will try and have a positive look on life everyday. But how can you have a positive outlook on life if you know that everything will soon disappear.

After school today, my friends were waiting for me, at the same spot they normally are. They were sitting on the green bench were we first met. It was a good day to meet some fillies after being bullied by Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon. I didn’t make any friends during school. I stopped a bit in my tracks, remembering the first day I met them:

It was after school. Diamond Tiara was waiting outside, with Silver Spoon.

“Well, if it isn’t Scootaloo, the blank flank. Guess what we do to fillies like you who back sass us when we insult you. We beat you up and have Featherweight take a picture,” Diamond Tiara yelled. A few ponies overheard her and went to see all the commotion. A pony named Applebloom stepped in. Her mane was dirty along with herself and looked like she was just in a fight. Applebloom walked up and stood next to Scootaloo.

“Leave her alone,” said Applebloom confidently. Diamond Tiara smirked. She was surprised that any filly stood up to her, especially since she had a blank flank.

“Well, isn’t it Applebloom, the pony that I beat up a few minutes ago. Standing up thinks you will stop me from beating up this blank flank. How old do you think I am, four. You think you can stop me,” Diamond Tiara retaliated. “I have a girl that can help me beat you two up. Sweetie Belle! Beat these two fillies up. I would, but I don’t want to get my hooves dirty.” Sweetie Belle approached us two. I knew we were going to be beat up by her, for she had a type of anger in her eyes. We didn’t budge though. Before she was about to raise her fist, the look in her eyes changed. Sweetie Belle went next to Applebloom, “You know what Diamond Tiara. I don’t agree with beating these two fillies up.”

“What the hell are you doing Sweetie Belle, beat up these Blank Flanks,” screeched Diamond Tiara.

“Look, I am a Blank Flank too. If you ask me to beat up a Blank Flank, you would be asking to beat up myself. Sorry for almost beating you up Applebloom and, er, what is the other,” Sweetie Belle apologized before getting interrupted.

“Scootaloo,” I said.

“Sorry Scootaloo, can you forgive me,” she asked.

“Sure Sweetie Belle.” Sweetie Belle then looked at Diamond Tiara.

She flared, “Look Diamond Tiara, I am sick of your constant bullying.”

“What are you saying Blank Flank!” Diamond Tiara said with an attitude.

“I am done being your friend. In fact...”

“What ever, I don’t need you anyways, I was thinking of beating you up soon enough for having a blank flank.”

“I am never going to be your friend. Today I feel like a Crusader for getting you out of my life. Hey! I have an idea. Since Applebloom, Scootaloo, and I don’t have a blank flank. We should call ourselves The Cutie Mark Crusaders,” Sweetie Belle said with pride.

“Well, why Crusaders?” I asked.

“We are going against being Diamond Tiara’s friend.”

“Ya, I think that is a great idea,” we all said. “The Cutie Mark Crusaders, YA!!!” The memory soon faded away. Sweetie Belle and Applebloom didn’t know I was standing in the same spot for a few minutes. I just hope that I can soon tell Sweetie Belle and Applebloom about me being abandoned.