• Published 24th Jan 2013
  • 682 Views, 15 Comments

The Real Rarity - MadxHatter123



Rarity's not the mare she seems to be...

  • ...
2
 15
 682

The Drop

Sweetie Belle awoke that morning, feeling a little groggy, before the memory of what she saw last night snapped her to full consciousness.

~flashback~

She had just been about to fall back asleep after getting a drink, when she heard somepony walking up the steps. She sleepily walked over to her door, and cracked it open, to be surprised seeing a pony she remembered from her sister's failed fashion show a long while back, and from the recent wedding reception to the wedding she and the other crusaders got to be flower girls for.

The mare in question was heading towards her sisters room, so she quietly followed her, inching her sisters door open a crack after it had been closed. She watch, silently shocked, as the mare went from being the DJ go from, well, the DJ to her older sister, Rarity. After her sister, at least, she assumed so, was done and went sleep she snuck back to her own room, where she sat for a bit thinking about what she had saw, before she soon feel asleep herself.

~end flashback~

She still wasn't fully sure what it was she saw, but she knew for one thing, she was gonna get to the bottom of it. She got out of bed and got ready for the day, and headed down stairs, where she found her sister acting and looking like she normally did. Rarity didn't notice the slightly suspicious looks Sweetie gave her, as she got her food, and then off to school.

When she got there, she quickly found her friends, Applebloom and Scootaloo, and told them she saw something interesting last night. Before she could tell them, the bell for school rang, so they hurried inside, and she told them she'd tell them later at the clubhouse.

After school, they met up, and Sweetie Belle told them what she saw. She both had surprised looks on their faces, Scootaloo especially.

"No way, their is no way your sister is DJ Pon-3. She's almost as awesome as Rainbow Dash, and your sister is no where near as awesome as those two." She said to Sweetie.

"But, it's true. I saw her open a secret compartment and everything where she pulled out wigs for he mane and tail. I can even show you it." Sweetie replied.

"Fine, if it's really there, I'll be willing to try to help you prove it." Scoots told her.

They left the treehouse, and rode to The Carousel Boutique. Luckly, for them, Rarity wasn't there, so they were able to search her room. After some searching, they found the panel, shocking Scootaloo a bit more. They decided the would figure out the truth, and decided to start with one of Rarity's closest friends, Fluttershy.

"CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS SECRET FINDERS, YAY!!!"

They left the boutique, and right before they got to Fluttershy's cottage, Sweetie realized something.

"Hey, if Rarity's been keeping it a secret, how would any of her friends know?"

Scootaloo stopped, and they thought for a few seconds.

"...They, wouldn't?" Applebloom replied, and they all faced hooved.

"Well, then, if we can't figure out what's going on that way, maybe we should try spying on her, or, finding a way to get the wigs off and stuff." Scootaloo suggested.

"Or we could just ask her." Applebloom replied. Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo thought about it for a few seconds, before they both replied, "Nah."

Applebloom rolled her eyes and muttered, "Whatever." and soon they were off to find Rarity to spy on her.

Author's Note:

Ok, so, I had to get the story up to 1000 words before I could submit it, so, here. I'll do more after this story goes up. For now, I'll be switching between focus on Rarity/Vinyl and Sweetie, but as more characters get involved, I'll widen the focus. That's all for this chapter so, yeah. Later.

Comments ( 13 )

Fun. The CMC are on the case.:scootangel::unsuresweetie:

2014135
I did not know that, and I see why. K, I'll have to think of another one.

I think it would funny if Vinyl and Rainbow Dash are good friends (or just can get along really well), yet Rarity can't stand her guts as an act. Also how would the spa dates work? Guess have to find out.

When can we expect the next chapter? Or did you forget to label it "Cancelled"?

2536756
I'm still looking for a good co-writer, and, I'm thinking about doing a bit of a re-write, having it start before the series starts, and maybe making it first person and to show most of the events from her point of view with my version of vinyl's mindset. I do know at some point it will become AU, probably sometime mid way through season 2, or at the end. Not sure. Doing that will allow more stretch room for when Vinyl and Rarity are supposed to be in the same place. I also do have a pairing, but, I'll save that for when I actually start the re-write. It's not cancelled though, I like this idea too much to just abandon it.

2536957 I'll be willing to help, if I were a good writer.

This is one of the best fan fictions I have ever read! Please write another chapter soon. :fluttershysad:

2536957 Still looking looking for a co-writer? I've improved. And I kinda took your idea for a basis of a story of my own and ran with it. I'm perfectly willing.

This fanfiction is pure AWESOMENESS!!! :pinkiehappy::pinkiegasp::pinkiesmile::rainbowlaugh::raritystarry::twilightsmile:

Interesting idea, but just to point out, this would t be able to be canon because DJ Pon 3 was at A Canterlot Wedding and so was Rarity at the same time during the reception

If I hadn't fallen out of my attempts at fanfic writing, this would have been shown to be an au, and before the wedding. But, yeah, I've kind of fallen out of attempting fan fics, cause I've never been the best at planning this stuff out. Might change with me being on meds for adhd and able to actually focus on stuff now, but, I don't think I'll ever pick this one up again.

Login or register to comment