• Published 20th Jan 2013
  • 1,931 Views, 8 Comments

Diary of a Brony - Angryjon



In an attempt to cope with his mother's death, a man buys a diary to fill the void of sadness inside of him. However, happiness arrives in the form of a pony.

  • ...
2
 8
 1,931

Diary of A Brony

10/04/11:

Hello Diary. This is the very first time we have ever met. My name is Brian Tack. I bought you today because...well, I needed a new friend. I barely have any. They have all left me for better people. Two weeks ago, my mom passed away. She had a heart attack and I had rushed her to the hospital. By the time I arrived, she was gone. This hit me pretty hard because my mom and I were the only ones in this house. I never had any siblings. My dad killed himself when I was two. My mom never told me why he did it. My grandparents flew out of their home in Maine and visited me during my grief. They attended her funeral and so did some of my co-workers. I have a crap job but it pays the bills. My grandparents went back to Maine a few days ago. Now, I am all alone in this house. That’s why I have you. You’re going to help me fill the void inside of me. I have a laptop as well but I have next to no one on my Skype. No one wants me. Maybe you do. I know you want to. Anyways, I hope we two have fun together. See you later.

10/07/11:

Dear Diary, I’ve been moody as of late. My co-workers noticed how down I was at work. They had come to my mother’s funeral so they knew why I was like this. I’ve been down many times before but this is the lowest. I couldn’t shake my mother’s death out of my mind. Why did she have to die? What kind of God would do such a thing? Why did my dad take his life? Was it something I did? Was my mom responsible? So many questions are lingering in my head that it hurts. I fear that I may lose my job if this keeps up. I need to do something about it. I wish I had the answer. Thanks for listening.

10/10/11:

Dear Diary, Mr. Garland decided that I needed a sick leave. This is good news for me. I need time to recover from my depression. One of my co-workers, Neil Harris, said that he found happiness by watching a children’s show. I asked which one and he answered: My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic. I was dumbfounded. A show made for little girls made him happy? Could you believe that? I heard about it and my stance on it will remain the same. I refuse to watch it for any reason and men who like it need their heads to be checked out. How could something like My Little Pony be appealing to men? Hell, they call themselves Bronies. Seriously? I don’t know what to think about my co-worker. My mother did always tell me to never judge a book by its cover. Should I watch it? No. It will suck. I know it.

10/11/11:

Dear Diary, after some thinking, I decided to watch it. I only saw the first two episodes. It’s nothing amazing as they make it out to be. The show’s about these six ponies that all possess something called the Elements of Harmony. Yawn. The main purple pony is Twilight Sparkle and she’s the smart one. There’s a tomboy pony named Rainbow Dash. The British one is Rarity. The shy one is Fluttershy. The cowgirl is Applejack and the crazy one is Pinkie Pie. God, that pink one annoys me so much. Still, I kinda see why girls would like it. The scenery looks beautiful and the score’s nice too. The voice acting is passable and the animation is smooth. Still, I cannot say that it’s amazing by any means. The story’s clichéd and I don’t think that it’ll improve by that point. Hence, this is all I’ll watch of it. It’s just okay and it’s not really my cup of tea. Still though, how did the show launch such a huge fanbase? I wonder.

10/12/11:

Dear Diary, I decided to watch more of it. My mother told me one time in my life that I shouldn’t judge something based on its first impression. I cannot believe myself but this show is good. Damn good. I’m stunned, really. I don’t want to call myself a Brony but just a causal fan. My favorite character has to be Twilight Sparkle, hands down. I don’t know why but I just like her. I cannot tell anyone this. The only people I have on Skype have a deep hatred for Bronies and I really don’t wanna lose them. I must say, this show has been helping me cope a lot. In here, everything is dark, dull and lifeless but in their world, everything is filled with colors, happiness and filled with life. That is something I wish happened around here. This house is just a shell of its former self. Once my mom died, the house’s atmosphere died with it. There are times where I felt that I was in their world. Ponyville is my ideal heaven. God, I wish I was there.

11/01/11:

Dear Diary, it’s been a while but I finished watching every single episode they have plus the new ones. This show is amazing. I love everything about it. I wish I had seen this earlier. I returned to my job with happiness…sort of. My heart is still shattered but it’s beginning to repair itself ever so slowly. Outside, I’m happy. Inside, I’m still the sad man I once was. I’ve been having dreams about Twilight Sparkle as well. It’s odd but I wish she was real. My Skype friends are jerks. I was in a call with them and told me that people who watch the show are faggots who deserved to die. In fact, I’ve stopped using Skype. Oh, how I wish she was real.

11/13/11:

Dear Diary, you would not believe what happened to me! It all started when I had a headache. I grabbed some painkillers from the cabinet and went back to my room. Once I went back to bed, I felt that something was off. I went to the kitchen in the dark. Why the kitchen? Even I don’t know. I sensed that there was something there. I heard a rather soft sound. There were sounds that were hard to hear but when I got closer, the sounds became clearer and clearer. I turned on the light switch and I saw…nothing. “That’s weird,” I thought to myself. “I could have sworn that was something there.” I thought that it was my mind playing tricks on me. Then, I heard a muffled cough. It caught me off guard and I nearly fell. There was something there but I couldn’t see it. I laid my hand in the air and I felt…fur. Yes, fur. Even though there was nothing in front of me, I felt it. The thing proceeded to move away, trying to get away from me. I simply said, “I’m sorry! Please! Don’t be scared. I’m not going to hurt you.” I could clearly hear it hyperventilating. It was getting nervous and it was close to tears. I kept saying to it, “I’m not going to hurt you. Please don’t go. I’ve been so lonely in here.” Then, a female voice spoke at last. “Who…who are you?” “I’m Brian,” I answered. She began to calm down and she spoke again, “Hello Brian. I’m sorry that I’m invisible. It’s just…they’ll find me if I get spotted!” I felt her getting closer to me. I could feel her warmth. I asked her, “Why don’t you come to my room? It’ll be safer in there.” And with that, we walked towards the light peeking out of my room. Many things were going in my head at that point. What in the world is going on? Why is there an invisible furry thing in my house? What does she mean by “they”? We entered the room and I shut the door, just in case. “Could you reveal yourself?” I asked kindly. “There’s no need to hide now.” She was hesitant at first but eventually, I could see that she was becoming visible. I knew who she was. My mind kept denying it but in front of me was a unicorn. Not just any unicorn but a unicorn with a violet coat and three streaked hair. A pony with purple eyes and she had markings shaped like stars on her flank. I stood there in absolute shock. I was face to face with Twilight Sparkle. But how can it be so? She cannot be here! She’s not real! She’s a work of fiction! Not real! But yet…there she was. “Yo-yo-you’re….” I said as I stuttered. “A pony?” she answered. “Why yes, I’m a unicorn. My name’s Twilight Sparkle.” I remained silent as she continued to talk, “I can assure you that I’m just as dumbstruck as you are. You see, I was trying a teleportation spell that would take me to another world and back. However, some evil spirits attacked me as I was doing it. So, I ended up in this place. Worse still, I can’t seem to go back home, no matter how hard I try. Those spirits may have ended up here as well. I realize that in this world, I’m a fictional character from a TV show. Thus, I used my invisibility spell to hide from, not only the spirits, but the people in this world as well. I don’t want to be captured or worse, killed! It was cold outside so I hid inside this house. I used the doggie door to get in. And now, here we are.” Tears were beginning to form in her eyes. “I just don’t know what to do! I fear that I’ll never come back home! Please help me!” And with that, she grabbed me and began to sob. I embraced her as I began to cry myself. Now, she’s sound asleep on a blanket I had laid on the floor. Anyways, this night has been quite eventful. The real Twilight Sparkle is in my room right now as I’m writing this entry! I need some sleep myself. If I can fall asleep that is. Goodnight!

11/13/11

Dear Diary, it is 9 o’clock at night right now and my day has been weird but interesting. When I woke up and saw that there was no pony on the blanket, I thought I had a dream. Then I went to the kitchen and I found Twilight. I nearly fell again. This was no dream. This is very real. Twilight opened the fridge door using her horn’s magic and grabbed an apple. She levitated the apple in the air and she closed her eyes as her beam seems to grow more intense in color. Without warning, an exact copy of the apple appeared next to it. I was stunned and she told me that it was a duplication spell. That way, she could have all the food she would need without emptying the fridge. She delightfully eats it and places the apple back in the fridge. I prepared my breakfast as she looked on. I ate Shredded Wheat every morning and Twilight decided to duplicate the wheat. We ate our breakfast together and we did so with curious looks on our faces. We still couldn’t get over the fact that two entirely different species were in the same house. A human and a unicorn! What are the odds of that happening in a lifetime? Later on, Twilight tried some spells to get her back home but so far, nothing. I give her some books to read to help her cope with her situation as well as get info on humans. I had locked my laptop with a password. I don’t want her seeing things she shouldn’t see about her fanbase. Ever since she arrived, I felt something I haven’t felt in a while. Happiness. No, not just any kind of happiness, but pure happiness. I honestly feel conflicted. On one side, she wants to back home and I get that. She’s the element of magic and Ponyville would be in danger if she’s not there. On the other hand, if she leaves, I’ll be all alone again. The bundle of joy that I’m getting right now will be gone if she’s gone. What do I do?

11/14/11

Dear Diary, due to my job, I had to get out of the house. I told her to hide in my room and keep herself busy with books. I didn’t want anyone to see her. My co-workers noticed how odd I acted at work and I told them not to worry about it. I always walk to work. I don’t need a car most of the time. I get to the workplace in 10 minutes flat. As I was returning from work today, I heard a deep male voice in my left ear. “You cannot hide from us.” I turned to my left and to my surprise, there was no one there. I was the only one in the path. I heard the voice again. “Hiding her will not work. We will find her and we will find you too.” At this point, I thought that I was going insane. Am I nuts? Why do I hear voices in my head? This has never happened to me before! Then, I remember Twilight’s story about the evil spirits. I ran down the path. I had to tell her what happened. When I got home, I was relieved to see her. I told her what happened and she got scared. She assured me that she’ll be safe. She created a protective bubble around the house to keep them at bay. The barrier is invisible but humans can pass through it just fine. Well, that’s a relief. Still though, I’m worried for her. I don’t want to lose her.

11/26/11

Dear Diary, I’m so excited! Last night, I was at the bar with some co-workers because Shawn Bore had his birthday. I met Sharon Willow at the bar and I was surprised to learn that we could have a date together! I knew her from my High School days and I’ve always wanted to ask her out. I never had any luck with women. I look ugly but yet, she said yes! I feel so happy! I told Twilight about this and she wished me the best of luck. I hope you wish me luck too! Here I go!

11/27/11

Dear Diary, the date went okay. We went to a fancy restaurant and we ate some lovely lobster. We talked about all kinds of things. Of course, I didn’t tell her about Twilight nor the fact that I’m a Brony. I don’t think she’s ready to know all this just yet. She left the table and she told me that she’ll think about me. At least she’s thinking whether or not that I’m the man for her. I realize now that Twilight is unaware that I’m a Brony. She thinks I’m taking care of her because I’m a nice man. There’s more to that, of course. She’s my favorite pony and I don’t want anyone or anything hurting her. She’s been depressed these days due to her inability to get back home. I feel guilty that my life is happy while her life is sad. The books and I are really the only things that keep her mind in check. She’s been very interested in human life now. I have a book about human history for some reason. Most of my books are my mom’s and dad’s. I barely read any of them. She was hooked and would not stop reading it. Anyways, I’ll see you later.

11/28/11

Dear Diary, she found you. She fucking found you in your hiding place. She doesn’t know that I have a diary. I always write entries when she’s asleep or not around. I hide you under the mattress. I was a fool for trusting her too much. I had overslept and I was late for work. I always do the bed when I get up in the morning but I was in such a rush that I simply had no time. Twilight did my bed when I left and that’s when she found you. She read everything. The fact my mom and dad are dead. The fact that I was very lonely in this house. The fact that I love My Little Pony. The fact she’s my favorite pony. When I arrived home, she had the most conflicted look on her face. When I saw the diary next to her, I went into absolute shock. I had a panic attack and Twilight tried to calm me down. I was angry at myself for allowing this to happen. I was angry at her for reading you. She was scared of me. I feel bad for doing that. I yelled at her and she cried herself into the bathroom. I realized what I was doing and tried to apologize to her. She asked me lots of questions but the biggest one of all was this: “Why am I your favorite?” That question took me by surprise. I knew the answer but I was too nervous to say it. I have never written the reason on here either. “Well?” she asked me. “Go on!” She was a bit pissed. I could tell because I wrote about how I didn’t want her to leave. I took a deep sigh and I began to talk, “The reason you’re my favorite is because…” I choked a bit. My head was in agony and tears were dripping off my face. “…you’re the person I wish to be!” I continued. “You’re smart! You have magic powers! You have plenty of friends who support you! Plus, you’re the protégée of Princess Celestia! Do you know how amazing that sounds? You’re a pony who has a very important job! A job that makes you proud, courageous and adventurous! You’re everything I wish to be! I mean…what do I have? Very little friends, no powers, I’m not smart at all. And I have an awful job.” I looked at Twilight with a depressed look on my face. “Twilight…” I explained. “If you leave, I have no one left. I don’t know if Sharon even cares about me. I fear that I’ll kill myself if I get lonely again.” With that, Twilight hugged me tightly. We cried in each other’s arms. We promised that we wouldn’t fight again. She’s getting closer to her goal and she kept telling me that she’s homesick. She misses Spike and all her friends back in Ponyville. She misses the library she lived in. She misses the beautiful scenery that surrounded her. She misses everything and she’s desperate to get home. I cannot blame her at all. Still, I cannot trust myself. If she goes, what should I do? I need to rest now. Maybe my nap will clear this away.

12/06/11

Dear Diary, guess what! Sharon called me and we’re gonna have another date this Friday! I can’t wait! There is a light at the end of the tunnel! Twilight has been getting much happier since our fight and so am I! This is the hope I was looking for! If Twilight were to leave, I wouldn’t be so alone. I would have Sharon to fill that void. Still, I would miss her greatly but at least, I wouldn’t self-harm.

12/09/11

Dear Diary, tonight was amazing. We went to the movie theater to watch Gone with the Wind. As we watched it, we got closer and closer to each other. Then, she kissed me passionately. We went to her house afterwards. She’s quite the woman. Red hair, gorgeous face, D cup breasts, narrow waist, wide hips and killer legs. We weren’t ready for sex just yet but we did kiss all night. Man, I feel like the luckiest man in the world. I tiptoed in my house and I found that Twilight was still awake. She’s quite the envious one, I can tell you that. Anyways, I need some rest. Ciao!

12/11/11

Dear Diary, I think I fucked up. Sharon was here earlier for a visit. The door to my bedroom was open. I assumed that Twilight was invisible and hiding but when I entered my room, she was on the floor asleep. I closed the door and Sharon was wondering why I did that. After throwing some lies at her, it was clear that she wasn’t falling for any of it. Finally, I told her the truth. At first, I looked at me as if I was mentally ill. I can’t blame her, really. Who would believe such a story? I opened the door and Twilight was nowhere to be found. I told the invisible pony that Sharon knew and there was no reason to hide. When Twilight was about to show up, Sharon ran for the front door. I ran towards her. She kept calling me insane and left my house. Now, I’m depressed. Twilight is holding on to me. Thank god for her. I hope Sharon comes back. I hope.

12/12/11

Dear Diary, FUCK MY LIFE. Sharon told some of my co-workers about what happened yesterday. That fucking bitch! They were scared of me and some even laughed at me. I left work early because I couldn’t take it anymore. I feel like shit. I want to DIE. As I walked in the path, that voice came again. “Yes, do it. Lower your guard and self-terminate! Let her down. It was meant to be!” I screamed in the air, “SHUT THE FUCK UP! LEAVE ME ALONE!” I ran into my house and I cried for a very long time. I took some pictures of her with my Polaroid camera. I’M NOT CRAZY! SHE’S REAL! ALL REAL! I’LL SHOW THEM!

12/19/11

Dear Diary, you’re probably wondering where I’ve been. Since my last entry, I showed the pictures of Twilight to my co-workers at the bar. They saw no pony in my pictures and to my surprise, neither could I! I was able to see her earlier before I left home but after showing the pictures to my co-workers, she vanished! I then thought of something that made me nervous. Was all this in my head? The pictures held proof of this. I went home and she was not there. There were no hints of her existence anywhere! I admitted myself to a psychiatric hospital the next day. My grandparents came to visit me while I was there. They revealed some disturbing details about my dad. My dad was schizophrenic and when I was two, he couldn’t take it anymore. The doctors think I may have it as well. They suggest that the reason I had these hallucinations was because my mind wanted to fill the void of loneliness. So, it gave me Twilight. It made perfect sense. Her duplication spell, her inability to get back home, the voices in my head and the fact that she never used the bathroom. There was no Twilight. There never was a Twilight Sparkle in my house. It was just me all along. I’m back home now but I have to go to the hospital for more tests. I can’t believe it. The last couple of weeks had been all a lie. I’m so alone.

12/31/11

Dear Diary, I had a wonderful Christmas but the void inside of me is still too big. I realized something today. Twilight might still exist. This may sound crazy but hear me out. I think that she found her way back home hence why I could see her in the pictures before I left home that night. My theory is that when she left, her existence was wiped from this world. I miss her. I miss her dearly. This is why I’m making this my final entry. I don’t need you at this point. I can handle it myself. Twilight, I’ll be seeing you shortly. I know I will. I figured out how. Thank you so much for being there for me, Diary. Thank you and goodbye. Your writer, Brian Tack.

***


Police officers are investigating the apparent suicide of a 28 year-old man at his home in Palm Shores. His body was found by a co-worker after he failed to show up at work. The man was found dead from a drug overdose. The police found no reason to suspect foul play.

Comments ( 7 )

I like this its asome:rainbowkiss:the only thing about storys like this is when thay kill them selfs
its always sad :pinkiesad2:

I think you should've tagged this as tragedy since it ended badly. I have to say one thing though, the evil spirits won in messing with him though.

2742912
Marking it as a tragedy would have spoiled the ending.

Please make an alternate ending

Alternate ending please, this pours salt on a wound that my entire school shares.:fluttershysad:

Login or register to comment