• Published 13th Jan 2013
  • 1,464 Views, 90 Comments

An Angel and her Soldier - Midnight Words



It has been one hundred years since Discord's second escape and now Discord is free again and this time no Elements, just Guns, Bombs and a powerful alien artifact that could possibly destroy the planet.

  • ...
4
 90
 1,464

Chapter 14

Chapter 14

------------------------------

Altair moved around the compound, careful not to step on any loose twigs or branches on the ground, he could see Storm up on the cloud with a make-shift storm rifle. Altair saw a pony-sized hole on the side and chose to go in there. He signaled Storm to keep watch over him.

He quickly made his way towards the back of a building, two guards were stationed inside, he could hear a few muffled cries from inside. He quickly made his way to the door and peeked in.

There were two stallions wearing a dark uniform, probably the torture group, and a colt, about the same age as Altair tied to an electric chair. Sadly there was no saving the colt. Altair left and headed to another part of the facility, he needed to find Firecracker and assassinate his target, he knew that the main priority is Firecracker but he was a perfectionist.

He hid behind a few barrels as two guards walked pass. They were talking about something but he couldn't hear what they were saying.

He decided to follow the duo and see where they led. He quickly pressed up against a wall and pulled out his hidden blade. One of the guards turned around.

"Hey, do you think we're being followed." The first guard asked.

"Don't be silly, we've been here for months now, nopony's here besides us guards." The second guard said as both of them walked to a large sealed door. "The only thing we need to worry about is that mare those freaks brought in."

"Shhhhh, when they hear you, they're going to rip you apart." The first guard said and pressed his hoof onto the hoof scanner.

Right... I forgot how to get those things... Something about a powder. Problem is I don't have the equipment I need. Altair thought to himself. I could always chop off one of their hoofs.

Altair picked up a small stone and threw it at a nearby window. One of the guards noticed this.

"I'll go check it out, guard the mare." The guard said and went to check out the disturbance. The other nodded and went inside and the door sealed behind.

Altair made his move and quickly went behind the guard and stabbed him in the neck, the cold steel of his blade went deep into his neck. He dragged the body to the door and placed the dead guard's hoof on the scanner.

The door opened and quickly rushed his way inside. The tunnel was dark and each step he took echoed through the building. Altair saw a camera stationed at the end of the hall. He quickly hid behind cover.

The turned from left to right. Altair used this opening and ran to another piece of cover. The camera did this in rotation. Altair moved when the camera wasn't looking, he silently thanked whoever was watching over him, that these idiots haven't made sound sensors yet.

He made his way across the hall without alerting the camera. He opened the door on the end and went inside.

The room was brightly lit, a complete contrast to the one he was in before. There were signs everywhere, Danger, turn away, and many more. Altair walked on and found a strange one out.

"Experiment 173, High Danger, keep direct eye contact at all times."

Altair opened the door and went inside, there was a creepy statue staring directly at another statue of a stone Pegasus. Somepony else was in here. That Pegasus statue didn't feel like it belonged.

"All right, my time has come," A voice said from behind the door.

"Will you ever come back?" Firecracker's voice said, she was talking to the other voice.

Altair pressed his ear on the door.

"I don't know, little firebug. Just remember, trust me, I'm the Doc-Oh... looks like I have to go, it was nice getting to see you again."

"Don't go!"

There was a loud explosion that rocked the entire facility, knocking over the Pegasus statue and the other creepy statue moved closer to Altair, each time he blinked it seemed to come closer.

The door opened behind him and Firecracker came out, horn flaring. "Don't blink! Whatever you do, don't blink." She said and stared at the creepy statue. "Stare at the Weeping Pegasus and don't blink. Let's make our way to the door."

There was another quake and the lights went out. Firecracker lit her horn up as the two statues were mere inches away from their faces.

Altair tried to open the door but it didn't seem to respond. "The door won't open!"

"...Keep staring at them. I got an idea."

------------------------------

"Alright, Jeff. Put down that horn and let's talk." Blueblood said, trying to calm down the psycho killer.

Jeff tried to stab him with an old horn he took off from one of the racks. Each swing sent off a bolt of magic at Blueblood's direction.

"Why, why did it have to be Jeff?" Blueblood asked nopony in paticular. Blueblood took a large staff and blocked a blast of magic. Blueblood was slowly losing, Jeff was far stronger than Blueblood, but he was driven in mad rage, while Blueblood was calculating how to beat him.

Then a brilliant idea came to his head. He ran, towards the room he was previously in. He searched through the vials and strange liquids. Jeff shot another bolt of magic and caused all the chemicals to mix together. That was just what he needed. He took an intact vial and quickly scooped it up, Jeff was repeating the bolts, each hit, making the room messier and messier. Blueblood went under the bed and pulled out a green liquid, Jeff stopped momentarily and looked in confusion.

"Changeling Blood. Changelings were your favorite victim, right? That's why their endangered now." Blueblood said and pulled off the cork. "And what would happen if I mix these two together?"

Jeff smiled, there was no way he could lose right now, he would enjoy ripping apart his body. But things were not as they seem. Blueblood took the vial and threw it, the glass shattered and covered him green liquid. He felt nothing for the first minute or so, Blueblood just smiled as the poison began to take effect.

His bones began to fell strange, like they were melting. Blueblood just laughed as he hooves turned flat and was slowly sinking.

"You know, the mother of invention is laziness, and one day, I was just lazy and shoved a little bit of everything into a cauldron, and I used it on one of the Pegasi down below, they say, they're unkillable, totally stone, nothing could destroy it, but no. I killed it and I will kill you." Jeff continued to smile even though he was slowly and painfully turning into a puddle of blood and chemicals. "You're immortal, through one of the cursed crystals. Immortality through those are easy..."

Blueblood stepped over the puddle and went down stair, he saw the staff he discarded during the fight. It was a normal wooden staff with several markings and a topaz jewel on the top. He quickly picked it up and rushed down.

The path leading down was very dark, with the occasional torch to provide some light. When he reached to the bottom, he gasped at what he saw. Ever cell was open, each empty.

"You have got to be kidding me." He just hoped the others got out alright.

"Hey," Blueblood looked around and saw nothing. "Hey, up here, dumb wad." Blueblood looked up and saw something that he wished was dead. "Remember me?"

"Please just die, you annoying little blob."

The annoying little green blob is amply named bob fell down from the ceiling and clung to Blueblood's head. "You got me as a partner, remember?"

"I hoped that box could have held you longer than a day." Blueblood said in annoyance.

"Whatever, some kids ran that-a-way." Bob's little green tentacle pointed. "The freaks got out when you and the old man left. They're long gone by now."

Blueblood was visibly shaken. "They're all OUT!" He yelled. "HOW!"

"Dunno, the cells just opened.“ Bob said atop the colt's head. "Better hurry up, Mary didn't leave and she was waiting for you."

"Mary? Of all the things I had to make..." He muttered to himself.

"Next time, don't play with life."

------------------------------

"That..."

"Is..."

"A lot..."

"Of bombs..."

"Aye, Firecracker still needs to learn how a real Demo does the job." Rum pulled out a bottle of jack and took a swig, the firewater burned down his throat. "That lass know how to make things go boom, but she doesn't know how to add style to the boom."

"Still... I'm not sure the town could survive an explosion like that." Brick eyed the round spiked objects sticking to the trees and buildings.

"Exactly! Ain't nopony dumb enough to go to a town that's about to blow!" The demolition colt said. The insane mass of Diamond Dogs broke through the forest and rushed at the ponies. "Well, so much fer that plan." Rum pulled out a remote control and aimed it at a bunch of stickybombs, the cluster of bombs exploded and sent a part of the building towards the Diamond Dogs.

Brick stretched his limbs as he slowly made his way to the rubble. "You're an idiot, Rum."

Twilight pulled out her bonesaw, newly sharpened and slightly bloody. "It's good to have you back." She said. "Really though, the town is even more in danger when you're around."

"You know it, lassy. Now, let's show these mutts how we do Ponyville style." Rum pulled out a few grenades, a new creation and personal favorite of his. He pulled the pin and threw it at the Diamond Dogs. The Dogs caught it in their mouth and snarled. Rum just smiled.

"Where's the boom?" Brick asked and picked up a large wooden spike.

"Delayed fuse." Rum said and then the Diamond Dog exploded in a bloody gory mess, taking out a few other Dogs with him. "I missed this place."

"Don't get to comfy, we got a lot of doggies to put down." Brick said and smashed a poor dog's head into tiny bits.

Rum threw more grenades at the Dogs, smiling and laughing. "Aye, let me tell ye how many bombs this town is caked with." A large cannon ball blazed pass him as he walked closer to his destructive creations. "More than yer bloody arsenal!"

Brick tackled a large group of Dogs to the ground, smacking them around with his large club. He grabbed one of the Dogs and ripped off his head, he threw the head to one of the Dogs and it knocked them back. He jumped up in the air and crushed several dogs under his hoof.

Twilight slashed away and hacked off several limbs from the Dogs, she pulled out another bonesaw and pinned one of the Diamond Dogs on the wall. Twilight kept all the dogs alive so they could feel the pain from their injuries, a sadistic smile crept on her, now, bloody face. Her mane was covered in blood and gore as she ripped apart Diamond Dog after Diamond Dog.

"Oy, Twily, getting to excited there, lass!" Rum said and pulled a bottle of scotch from his saddle-bag. "Leave some fer me."

Rum pressed another button and more bombs exploded, sending the dismembered body parts of the Diamond Dogs across the battlefield. He took a large stack of dynamite and threw it at the dogs. The bomb exploded and splattered the entire battlefield with blood and gibs.

"This is pretty boring." Brick called out and ripped apart another Diamond Dog.

"Yeah... wait, do you hear that?" Twilight said. A low rumbling sound and snapping wood came from the forest. A large metalic vehicle with mounted cannons. "TANK!"

"Stop yelling, we can hear you just fine." Brick said and grabbed a large boulder and threw it at the tank. The boulder was shot out of the air before it could impact the tank.

Rum quickly looked around for anything he could use. His explosives only shrugged off the heavy metal plating.

"I think... we have a problem..."

------------------------------

Roland sat down beside Angel, her fever still hasn't gone down. Pain took a wet cloth and placed it on Angel's head. She looked concerned for the Siren.

"We have a problem," Pain said and looked at Roland and Headshot. "She's got a magical fever, the only way to cure it would be using one of the sacred fruits in Canterlot Garden."

"Then we go in there and-"

"No," Headshot called out. "Too risky."

"But I got to try!" Roland said and stormed out. He picked up his rifle and shotgun, ammo and left the hideout. He made his way to the gates,

The gates were guarded by a lot of guards, each holding some sort of ranged or melee weapon. Roland didn't bother with questions and ran in there, guns blazing. The guards couldn't react fast enough. Roland took cover behind the wall, several bullets bounced off the wall and nearly Roland's head.

Roland pulled out a few dynamites and threw them at the guards, the dynamite was shot out of the air by a sniper on the third floor, Roland couldn't see the sniper.

Roland ran to another piece of cover, but was clipped in his shoulder, but the shield took most of the damage. Roland fired his rifle at the guards, several guards were shot dead by Roland's shots, years of practice made his aim with any rifle nearly perfect.

Each guard he killed, two more take his place. Soon, the court yard was filled with angry guards trying to take down Roland. Roland pulled out a fresh clip and reloaded his rifle, he saw a few clouds drift overhead, a lightning bolt came very close to where he was standing. Roland back peddled and took potshots at the cloud.

Roland heard the momentary cease-fire and peeked over his cover. The guards all saluted and made a cleared a way to the doors, a hooded pony came out and looked at Roland. The pony shook his/her head and the guards resumed their fire.

Roland dived behind a tree and threw his turret out in the open. The turret made quick work of the first line of defense, but was quickly shot down by the sniper on the roof. A lightning bolt struck the tree and set it on fire. Roland fired his shotgun and struck several ponies.

Roland chucked all his explosives at the guards. The bombs exploded and cleared a way inside. Roland took this chance and made a break for it, he dodged the bullets that whizzed pass his head, some clipping his shields.

A few more lucky shot broke through his shield tore through his flesh.

"THROWING SMOKE!" Headshot swooped down and picked up Roland, despite being smaller and weaker, he managed to get Roland out of the danger zone.

Roland and Headshot made their way back to the hideout. A few bullets broke through his skin. Roland was led to the infirmary and was quickly being treated.

Headshot was pacing back and forth. "What the hell is your major malfunction, Roland?!?" He said and grabbed Roland's collar.

One of the nurses tried to hold back Headshot, but he was too strong. "Master! Stop!" The nurse said and Headshot released his grip.

"You moron, you know how hard it is to stay in cover in Canterlot? They know I'm here now, and they're out to get me!" Headshot said. Roland tried to look away. "You didn't just put your life in danger, you put the entire Brotherhood in danger!"

"Says the guy that was going in there for revenge." Roland muttered.

"Yes, but I wasn't the one who stormed the fucking gate! I would have gone in the sewers or something instead of grabbing a gun and running straight in there!"

"I've lost a lot of men and I won't lose another." He said and looked at Angel.

"AND WHAT! Do you think I haven't lose ponies!? My parents are dead, my fiancée is dead, my brother tried to kill me, I've lost more men in the Brotherhood than the entire guard force! My brother was the only one I ever trusted, and he stabbed me on the back! Do you know how much it hurts to have the only pony you ever trusted leave you for dead!? Do you know how much it hurts to lose the only family you ever had?"

"I do." Roland muttered.

"Then you should know, that what you did was a stupid move. Knowing the guards, they'll be coming for me, you stay here."

"What? I can help, I-"

"Roland, you may be the leader of the Crimson Raider or whatever, but you're in my team, my world, and right now, I'm telling you to shut up and sit on the bench." Headshot picked up his rifle and a crossbow and made his way outside. A few assassins stood ready outside.

"You three," Headshot pointed to three robed assassins. "keep an eye on him."

Headshot flew out in the open, he could at least get the heat away from the Brotherhood. The task force was already mobilizing, a few hundred snipers and guards coming in.

There was an entire army right in front of Headshot, all of them aiming their weapons at the lone Pegasus. "Miss me, boys?" He said. "So you're thinking 'the most wanted pony in Canterlot, about to get horribly murdered by thousands of us, what could possible go wrong?' Let me ask you this, what makes you think I can't just kick your sorry flanks back home to base?"

"I don't know, a thousand to one is a very low chance."

"Who-"

"Ah, Brother. You made it out, didn't think it would you that long." Critical flew in front of the large crowd of ponies. "And now this is the time you spew out vulgar and insults at me."

Headshot shook his head. "Nah, I'm going to be civil about this. I, Headshot, challenge you to a duel."

"Formality is for the weak, and I am a weakling. Let's raise the stakes. If I win you will be my right-hoof colt."

"And if I win, I'm going to bury you six feet under."

"It's a deal." Critical motioned the army he gathered to leave and they did so without a word. "Wonderbolt Coliseum tonight."

"Why not here? Why not now?"

"Because I want to let the world know that you lost to me. Remember how I got my Cutie-mark? The old silver tongue with a knife."

"Yeah, I remember it too well. Remember this, Firecracker will escape, right now the best of the best is going there and-"

"I already received the reports, the entire base, dead. Bitter Springs is yours, problem is... nopony left the base."

"Wha-"

"Hundreds dead. Majority of the Red Wings gone. Several prisoners confirmed dead. I hope your little marefriend wasn't part of the body count."

"We're not together."

Critical just laughed. "Goodbye, see you tonight."

Critical turned around and headed back to the castle. He loaded his crossbow and shot a nearby cloud, a bounty hunter dropped dead, a bolt sticking out of his head. "Huh, this will be interesting."

------------------------------

"Are you really going through with this?" Pain said as Headshot strapped on his ammo and knife belt. "This is most likely a trap."

The sniper grabbed a quiver and several bolts and his crossbow. "I wasn't planning on doing much tonight anyway."

"Crazy! You’re going to get yourself killed! I don't want to lose you!"

"What?" He said and picked up his rifle.

Her face turned bright red. "I mean, you’re my only friend and I don't want to lose you."

"Right. Well, You don't need to worry, you're not going to lose me tonight." He said and made his way to the coliseum.

He made a fly over the coliseum, the place was filled with ponies, eager for a blood fest. He landed in the center, the crowd jeered at him.

"WELCOME, ONE AND ALL, TONIGHT IS THE NIGHT OF BLOOD. BAD BLOOD BETWEEN TWO WORLD KNOWN BROTHERS." The announcer said, his voice echoed through the entire coliseum. "PRESENTING, THE SILVER TONGUED BACKSTABBER, THE CRAZE TACTITIAN, THE RIGHT CLAW OF ANARCHY; CRITICAL!" The crowd cheered as Headshot's brother came out, wearing little but a knife and a rifle.

"AND ON THE OPPOSING SIDE, THE REBEL LEADER, THE CRACKSHOT MARXCOLT, THE KING OF THE SKY; HEADSHOT!" The crowd was a mixture of cheers and jeers.

"LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLE!"

Comments ( 57 )

Continue...

2686317 Hopefully soon:pinkiehappy: sorry for the wait.

R.I.P this story, I was actually interested in where it would go :raritycry: :raritydespair:

3240882 It went dead. Even I got lost in the story.:twilightoops:

3241086 Sad that it died, I read it when it was just new D:

3754578 Sorry, lost the vibe~

3790887 :pinkiesad2: Sorry! But I'm making a new fic.

3791054 COME FLY WITH ME :D
"Awkwardly flaps away"

3791055 Been very lazy though~ And school so bollocks to that.

*Hugs as you fly*

3791058 WATCH THE WING-
*Crashes through the roof*
...Damnit...

3791068 My head huurts! :fluttershbad:
Ouuuch, my wings are extra sensitive!
*Stretches wings*
Urgh...
"Reaches for pocket"
What th- Search for my gun! It must've fallen out in the crash, it's got blue fire on a yellow background
*Searches* Damnit, that Colt cost me five hundred ._.

3791080 A-alright! *Searches around for the gun*

3791084 Search over there
*Points towards some broken planks in the corner of the room*
We crashed in from the south, I can only assume it fell out during the crash, also be careful, it's loaded.

3791088 *looks through the planks* Uhhh... I found a shotgun! Not the gun you were looking for...

3791104 Damnit, now I'll never shoot someone and tell them to "Taste the Rainbow" D:
*Turns around and notice a large valve.*
I wonder what's in there...
*Fifteen minutes later*
AHH! SNAKES! WHY'DD IT HAVE TO BE SNAKES?!

3791778 *shoots everything! * blaghhhhhhh!

3792712 "Shot slams into shoulder" AAHHHH! WATCH YOUR AIMING!
*Falls to the floor*
*Notices pistol*
I GOT IT!
*Randomly fires at the snakes*

3792869 let's get out of here!!!!

3792914 *Over dramatic run-out-from-house-that-then-explodes*
Guess we really
*Puts sunglasses on*
Blew that one.
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

3796187 Aye aye!
*Awkwardly tries to fly away with over sensitive wings*
Mmmmm...
*Twists head*
YOU HEARD NOTHING! :flutterrage:

3796196 *Reaches towards pocket*
Have a ball.
*Throws elephant testicle at you*

3796198 *Insert Fluffle puff ball playing here*

3796233 *Licks your nose*
Because why not?

3796502 *blush* No! *Nibbles your ear*

3796515 *Bites your neck*
Don't make me use my fangs now :3
*Nips on the flesh*

3796634
Ah, Midnight-kun.
*Gently scrapes your neck with teeth*

3796759 Sh-Shade sempai! Be gentle~

(WTF are we doing?)

3796765 Shh...¨
*Puts finger to your mouth*
I know what i'm doing...
(I HAVE NO IDEA!)

3796784 Think we should take this priva- OUCH MY PUPPY BIT MY FOOT!
*Runs around yelping*

3797111 so close!

are you alright?

3798229 *Stutters*
Y-yeah, how'd Gnorfen get here to begin with?
*Looks around*
Where'dd he go?

3798248 .let's go look for him.

3798607 He likes it when you make inhumane sounds, that's how I call him.
*Starts making a sound that shouldn't be coming out from a "human" mouth*
Whiu Whiu whiou whiouu~

3798747 *doctor who theme* dunnn dunana dunnana!

3798801 *Soft panting from a small dog can be heard in the distance.*
There he is!
*The silhouette grows larger until you can see a four meter big dog.*
Ain't he just adorable?
*Pets the dog*
Yes you are, yes you are Gnorf! :D

3798824 That's what she said :3
*Dog looks at me confused*
Aww, don't be like that Gnorf, we love you all the same :D
*hops onto his back and scratches his ear.*
Uhm, allow me to introduce Gnorf, Midnight. Gnorf, this is Midnight Words, a royal douchebag, yet magnificent asshole, that cancle his awesome stories. Midnight, this is Gnorfen, last offspring of Cerebus and the co-ruler of The First Circle of Hell.

3798894 It wasn't bad!
Right, Gnorf?
*Gnorf nods in approval.*

Login or register to comment