• Published 2nd Jan 2013
  • 1,576 Views, 9 Comments

Vows Among the Butterflies and Apple Blossoms - HiddenBrony



The big day is here, and the wedding has been set. But when it comes to saying the "I Do"s, what is it that Applejack and Fluttershy want to admit in front of everypony?

  • ...
7
 9
 1,576

Forever and Always

Mayor Mare stood between the two mares, a bright smile on her face as she drew to the end of her readings. "Do you, Applejack, take Fluttershy to be your lawfully wedded wife? To love and to hold, to cherish and nurture, through trial and tribulations, and sickness and health? For better or worse, as long as you both may live?"

Applejack smiled. With her back to the audience, she stood side by side with Fluttershy. She felt the soft warmth of Fluttershy as the pegasus leaned her head against her neck. "Shoot, nothin' would make me happier." Mayor Mare's smile grew wider.

"And do you, Fluttershy, take Applejack? In rain or drought, or in times of excess and in times of great destitution? Will you hold her and love her for the rest of your life?"

Not a single pony held their breath as they waited for her answer. Drawing herself up to her full height, Fluttershy stared into Applejack's face. Leaning her forehead down, she nuzzled the side of her face before whispering, "I do. I cannot do anything else for as long as I live."

"You promise?" Applejack teased.

Fluttershy nodded. "Forever and Always."

Author's Note:

This story is actually set in the middle of Running Rings, and I wrote this fic as quick look into the vows that Applejack and Fluttershy share in front of the assembled ponies that I hadn't finished when I released the aforementioned fic. I had originally planned to put this up as part of either the Missing series or as part of the Hop, Skip, and a Jump fic, but then I go the idea to expand on it.

The stories referenced in this are episode related, and this has absolutely no mentions of any of my other fics, so I figured it strong enough to be enjoyed as a standalone product. It's short, simple, and I enjoyed writing it.

Comments ( 5 )

Wait... a new story?

Sweet. Time to read.

EDIT: Ok, that was sweet. I really enjoyed reading those quick little snippets, they felt like real wedding vows, even if Applejacks did keep going off on a tangent.

There were a couple sentences with errors that I saw, so I'll just put them in here:

From the first chapter:
(quote)Applejack always knew she'd have a wedding the spring.(/quote)
Should be 'in the spring' or 'knew she'd have a spring wedding'.

From the second chapter:
(quote)She hadn't heard any of it, just as they had agreed.(/quote)
This doesn't make a lot of sense, was she not listening to Applejack, or did you mean, 'she hadn't heard any of it beforehand'?

Overall, good, short, sweet and it adds just a little bit more colour and flavour to your HSJ world.

1890430
Fixed. Seeing as it went without an editor, not too bad.

ARGHH HNNNNNGGG MY FEELS :fluttercry::raritycry:

I wish my wedding had been as heartfelt. :applecry:

Login or register to comment