• Published 14th Jul 2011
  • 3,125 Views, 35 Comments

Salvation Through Destruction - RoflLuxRay



A british rich man tries to save humanity in this Action-packed Thriller

  • ...
7
 35
 3,125

Epilogue

Salvation Through Destruction
Based on Concepts from: The Conversion Bureau by: Blaze

Epilogue

Ponyville, six months later

“Is everything set?” Twilight gulped with her question.

“Yeah, you just get in there and read what you have to; there is no need to panic. You can do it,” Spike patted her on the back and signaled her to walk to the stage, where she would be giving a speech in front of the whole town.

She gathered the enough courage and climbed the small wooden stairs into the stage, in front of every single pony that inhabited in the small town, which glared silently at her.

“Good morning, Fillies and Gentlecolts,” a sheet of paper floated in front of her, “Today, we gather to honor the sacrifice of a man who bravely gave his life in the name of his making, for all of us. It was his work, his idea what saved, not only humanity, but all of us from the threats of the United States. Everypony was touched by his selfless actions in some ways, how do you properly honor someone like him? His sacrifice is something we must never forget, which is why Queen Celestia is proud to announce through me the following:

One: The Queen has approved that a new settlements for both humans and ponies is built southeast of Manehattan, a city that will allow Ponykind and humanity to grow stronger and be the example of what he envisioned when he came to this world. The city shall be call: McRae!”

All the ponies stomped the floor in what was their way to applaud, Twilight cleared her throat before continuing and the crowd stopped.

“Two: A monument will be built in Fillydelphia, to honor all those ponies that died six months ago, and to recognize the valiant effort he made to repel the invading forces from our homeland,”

Another applause interrupted Twilight’s speech for a moment, she felt a knot in her throat after she glanced at Spike’s handwriting in the paper. Struggling to contain her tears, she continued her speech.

“Finally, I must speak about the kind of pony he was. Determinate, brave, noble and charismatic, those fortunate enough to have been touched by his person will miss him. As the bearer of the element of harmony of Courage and valor, his example is something we must look up to and respect.

And as a final act of respect to his memory, I hereby declare Project human conservation a success!” Applause filled the air one last time before she finally burst into tears.

The years to come were of peace for all of Equestria, with the construction of McRae and the relocation at least six million human immigrants into the new settlement, which flourished magnificently as humans quickly adapted into the world and rules of Equestria, learning to cooperate and thrive through union. No criminal reports have been received at the time.

Rarity took Leighton’s death seriously, confessing to Twilight how she had a crush for the red-coated pony. Despite feeling that another fine colt had slipped through her hooves, she got over his death and moved on to succeed in the world of fashion with a clothing line inspired by the class Leighton showed her, naming it ‘Knowsley’s finest’ after his friend’s hometown.

Spike the dragon followed Leighton’s advice and shared his feelings with Rarity the anniversary of his sacrifice, doing it with a bunch of flowers and reciting the same words the red Pegasus had advised. The mare accepted the small dragon’s request after a few days of meditation, engaging in a long lasting formal relationship despite being from different species.

Both rulers in Equestria were moved by Leighton’s sacrifice, completely accepting humanity as one with the ponies. Queen Celestia silently traveled one night to Everfree forest, to ensure the Courage and Valor were displayed along with the other elements of harmony, to honor the only human who ever dared to stand up to her.

Applejack and Apple Bloom returned to work in the Sweet Apple Acres after seeing Leighton for the last time. After his death, Queen Celestia paid them a visit on a silent night, breaking the spell that blocked their life as a human. The notice did not surprise Applejack, who had been suspecting her humanity for some time now. Apple Bloom cried the death of her father for weeks, however, until Granny Smith told her she should be proud of whom her father was.

Applejack McRae, as she prefers to be called now, was offered a position as the mayor in McRae, which she declined to stay working in Sweet Apple Acres along with her daughter, who would take that position years later after turning into a grown up mare. Apple Bloom McRae honors her last name by serving the town with passion and dedication.

Twilight Sparkle received the books in Leighton’s cottage and took them in his library, continuously reading them to learn about human philosophy and literature. She continues to study the magic of friendship, learning that once a friend touches your heart, he never truly dies.

Comments ( 8 )

a song for the end

FOOLY COOLY !

♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦

"Ride on Shooting Star",.

♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦

Slide of an orange reflects in the sky

Hanging the pride of a sponge

Spider

No need to hide

the premonition of life captured

it is like a colored dream

Ride on shooting star

I continued singing

like a shotgun with all my heart

A grunged hamster becomes more mature

and is accompanied by a lobster of revenge

Sniper

What do you say that

you can see in that framed world?

I want to touch it before you aim

Ride on shooting star

I'm looking for you and I'm having withdrawal symptoms

I lied to you

Ride on shooting star

I continued singing

like a shotgun with all my heart

Such a great story.

Damn, i was reluctant in reading this, mainly from the description, but after reading it... one of the better stories i have read :heart:

I am now very sad after reading this.
It makes things even worse to think about how everything ended...

Thanks everypony for reading!! I'm glad that the story was of your liking, I really poured a lot of my heart in it. Your comments mean a lot to me and encourage me to write some more. Expect more soon!! Thanks for reading again! :raritywink:

Oh my...:fluttershysad:

This was one of the best stories I have ever read aside from 'To be an alicorn', invoking thought and emotion. With some minor proof reading, any mistakes could be easily corrected.

As a final note; The hell is this? Your story is at least twice as good as mine yet mine has twice the reviews and a little better rating. :trixieshiftright:

Only the truly great stories are under appreciated I guess, I hope to see much more from you in the future.

52190

Thanks for reading, such comments mean a lot to me.

About the proofreading... yeah, I was thinking about making thos corrections on re-writing the story as a whole to make it more pleasant; I've been practicing after all. I have currently finished another story (but it's written in Spanish) and am working on another now on English along with an editor, so i'm expecting to post it in a couple of weeks or so.

Thanks for reading :twilightsmile:

James bond meets ponies.

That was an amazingly cliched story, and I loved every damn second of it.:twilightsmile: Before you even mentioned James Bond in the story that's all I could think of and it turned out true. Not a revolutionary story but a very fun one, especially after winding down from other Human stories where the authors try so hard to make their characters 'realistic'. Sometimes you just want the good guy to kick ass and for that this story can't be beat.

Thanks for the great read, and good luck to you on the rest of your stories.

Login or register to comment