• Published 14th Jul 2011
  • 3,125 Views, 35 Comments

Salvation Through Destruction - RoflLuxRay



A british rich man tries to save humanity in this Action-packed Thriller

  • ...
7
 35
 3,125

Chapter 13

Salvation Through Destruction
Based on Concepts from: The Conversion Bureau by: Blaze

Chapter 13

“Leighton, c’mon wake up!” Twilight grabbed my shoulders and shook me violently; I snapped and groaned in pain.

“What the, am I off the roller coaster,” I muttered in stress, my surroundings became clearer after that. I was right outside Celestia’s castle under a sunny day, probably around two or three in the afternoon.

“Stop complaining and move we have to inform Celestia about what happened on earth!” she ran towards the golden double doors ahead, I trotted behind her still quite confused from the dimensional shift.

“How come you’re never affected by the dimensional shift?”

“Because I cast the spell, I’m not affected by it, now stop being a smartass and focus, we’re going to see Celestia,” she opened the doors cautiously and we trotted in, Celestia turned to us completely surprised.

“Twilight, Leighton, what a pleasant surprise,” she greeted with a warm smile, which instantly faded upon seeing Twilight’s.

“Celestia!” her student and I bowed before her, “something has happened.”

“Did the humans explain why they attacked Fillydelphia and the Russian facility?” she asked with a hint of concern in her voice.

“Yes, the attack was with the intention to conquer Fillydelphia, and that was just the beginning. They declared war on us and are planning a massive military incursion on us,” Twilight said fearfully.

“Oh no,” she snapped, “I never… I never thought this would actually happen.”

“Well it has, actions have to be taken now,” I said with firm voice, my post-dimensional shift stupidity was over.

“There is no option; I have to close the link between our dimensions,” Celestia said seeming contrite.

“But what about project HC?” I did not like the idea, but it seemed the most reasonable one, even though it would mean letting humanity to vanish.

“I’m afraid I’m going to have to back down with your plan, Leighton. Humanity must face the consequences of its actions.”

“There has to be something we can do…” I touched my chin in a desperate attempt to make my brain work a one-second wonder idea.

“I support Leighton; he invested two years of his life into this project. C’mon Queen, there has to be an alternative!” Twilight cried out for my surprise, I never thought she would stand up to her own mentor to assist in my endeavor. Celestia looked down in meditation; her apprentice’s word had touched her.

“There might be something that can be done to save humanity after all,” my face slowly drew a smile as she cleared her throat to continue, “I don’t believe humans are preparing her strike overnight, so in the meantime we can implement plan HC and start bringing the humans over to Equestria. As many as we can in two days from now, because when the third day arrives, I shall close the dimensional link.”

“Very well, your highness; what are your orders for this humble pony?” I asked with a bow.

“Always so eager to help, aren’t you?” she said with a smile, “for now, you are dismissed. But before you leave, there’s something special to share with you,” her voice caused curiosity on both Twilight and me, especially on me of course.

“I’m all ears, your highness.”

“Recent study from Twilight Sparkle has discovered rather interesting data regarding the elements of harmony, are you familiar with them?”

“I’ve heard only that they are values expressed inside ponies hearts and met a few bearers.”

“If so, then you know that there is Laughter, Kindness, Loyalty, Honesty, Generosity and Magic, as the six main elements.”

“Rarity, the bearer of generosity, told me that there is supposed to be more scattered around,” I turned to see Twilight’s sly grin.

“Yes, there is. More elements scattered around ponies with noble and pure hearts are out throughout Equestria, and Twilight has found a spell to locate them.”

“That’s great,” I said completely aware of where this was going.

“If what she and I suspect is true, then you should glow with her spell. Please, Twilight,” her student lost no time and she began casting the spell, her horn glowing intensely. From it, a white aura emanated and surrounded me gently; I could feel its touch as soft as silk.

“So how do you know when-” I felt as if something inside me was being pulled out, dying the aura in an intense red color, like my coat. The aura projected then into the ceiling and exploded like fireworks with the shape of my cutie mark, the pen and the sword.

“Do you know why your cutie mark is a pen and a sword?” Celestia asked with a mystical sense in her words.

“I believe it is from my times as a journalist in the Liverpool Echo,” I assured with a proud grin.

“Cutie marks have a deeper connection with ponies than you think; it connects the past, the present and the future of a pony. I have to admit, I have never seen a human that had a cutie mark upon its arrival to Equestria before.”

“What do you mean?”

“Your cutie mark is not only something no one had ever seen before, but something that Twilight found in a book. In this book, a pony with a mark like yours was meant to do something huge for others through its brave and selfless actions. Not many cutie marks are referred on books, so your case is quite special in many ways.”

“The book also marked that cutie mark’s bearer as skilled in communication with others, ‘the pen is his sword, for his words are as edged as one’, it said. But it ended with ‘the sword shall be used to overwrite history written in red ink’, I truly don’t know what that part means,” added Twilight.

“It means that Leighton is meant to do something big, perhaps even bigger than what he has already accomplished. Regardless, my suspects were correct; you do bear an element of harmony.”

“I am flattered by all of these statements, your highness. Do you know what element do I possess?” I asked boastfully.

“That is something I cannot determine, you must do it by yourself. That’s why I am trusting you with an important task as project HC is implemented. The task consists in you going into Everfree Forest to bring back the scroll with the spell that will break the link between our dimensions, that is said to be somewhere inside the Ancient Castle’s Ruins.”

“Right away ma’am!” I said with another bow, preparing to blast off the room at full speed.

“You will not go alone, however. In order to access the hidden part of the castle you must take another bearer along, or this part shall not reveal itself. Make your decision wisely, Leighton, I await your return,” Celestia dismissed us waving her hoof, Twilight and I walked out the castle through the main doors in silence.

“Who will you take with you to Everfree forest?” Twilight asked curiously, my mind was caught up in that particular decision in that particular moment.

“I am not sure; do you know what kind of threats will I find inside?” I asked with my mind somewhere else but my ears on the situation.

“Nothing if you’re lucky, but it’s filled with all sorts of dangerous creatures, that’s why not many ponies wander inside it.”

“Do you know where that castle is?”

“Any of my friends know where it is, you can take any of us.”

“I can either take Twilight, Rarity or Applejack… I can trust Twilight’s magic, but she’s insecure. Rarity would really make a good team with me, but I doubt she’ll walk with me inside that forest unless she has to… And Applejack… she’s trustworthy and I know her better than anypony else on this world,” I thought as I gazed at the clear blue sky.

“I will teleport us back to Ponyville, the entrance to the forest is there,” she prepared herself to cast yet another spell.

“You’re not making me feel like a train ran over me two times in a row!” I flew away from her.

“Don’t worry, this spell is a lot easier and does not makes you feel all dizzy and dumb, don’t worry,” she assured as her horn began releasing sparks.

“You better be right, or I will kick you,” I landed and stood next to her, her horn let out a sudden flash of light and I could feel my body being sucked into a hole, a similar experience to the dimensional travel, only this time the experience lasted a few seconds and was mostly painless. Upon re-spawning on Twilight’s house, I felt like my body was on fire.

“You’re lucky I don’t have the habit of kicking females,” I wiped off any dirt off me, the teletransportation left me covered in coal.

“It’s nothing compared to the dimensional shift, don’t whine about it,” she walked to a shelf and began inspecting it.

“I’ll go look for Applejack, you wait here,” I walked towards the exit.

“So you’re taking Applejack with you eh? Don’t come back here, I’ll meet you at the entrance of the forest, tell her to take you there,” she took a red book from the shelf.

“Alright, I’ll meet you there,” I flew off through the door towards east, for the first time I was able to take a good look at all of Ponyville. In the distant east, I saw Sweet Apple Acres’ apple fields clearly, and flew towards them as fast as my wings allowed me to.

“Y’all crazy! I’m Taking Apple Bloom with me!” I heard from below, it was Applejack carrying red saddlebags with Apple Bloom next to her. Stealthily, I hid above the top of the trees to eavesdrop the situation.

“But Applejack, you can’t just leave the family like that, think of Granny Smith,” A red stallion with a green apple cutie mark said with authority.

“Do you think I like this? Do you think I like leaving all my family behind? This is really hard for us, Big Mac, but if you don’t trust us with the truth we can’t trust you back.”

“I told you, we can’t tell you about it, it’s better if you don’t know. Stop this and come back home!” the red stallion yelled.

“No McIntosh, we ain’t comin’ back. C’mon Apple Bloom, let’s go,” she turned and walked away from his brother, her little sister followed closely with tears in her eyes.

“You can’t abandon your family like this!” he shouted with anger, running to snatch Apple Bloom’s pink saddlebags.

“Let her go, McIntosh!” she struggled to release Apple Bloom from his older brother’s grip. The stallion was evidently stronger than both of them, I had to intervene.

“If the lady says she wants to leave…” I flew straight into McIntosh’s body to tackle him fiercely, the impact only pushed him away from Apple Bloom, “I suggest you let her do so,” I landed between Applejack and Apple Bloom, staring straight at him.

“Just who the hell do you think you are to hit me like a rammin’ cart?” McIntosh slowly incorporated.

“I am Leighton McRae, pleased to make your acquaintance.”

“Leightn’!” Apple Bloom climbed on my back and hugged me.

“C’mon, let’s get out of here,” Applejack took her sister’s saddlebags and walked away from his brother, still stunned by the impact. He stared blankly at us, resigned to let her walk way.

“Thank you kindly Leightn’, Big Mac is one tough stallion, I don’t know what would have happened if you didn’t show’d up,” she said with a grin.

“Not a problem, a pleasure to help. I assume things didn’t turn out for the best with your family?” I asked with her sister still on my back.

“No… they still wouldn’t tell us the truth, no matter how much I tried. So I decided to leave them, if yer family ain’t trustin’ you, I don’t see why you should.”

“You have a point, I’m sorry to hear that.”

“It’s not that bad, we’re going to live with Fluttershy now!” Apple Bloom said with enthusiasm.

“Yep, that’s where we’re headin’ now, so how’d it go with yer travel back to earth?”

“Bad, the humans declared war to Equestria and insist in attacking, but don’t worry” I interrupted Applejack before she could say a word, “Celestia will close the link between the dimensions in three days, my project is now being implemented.”

“That oughta be a relief for ya, looks like yer al set for now eh?”

“Actually no, and I was looking for you because I need your help with something.”

“Just tell me what is n’ I’ll make it happen,” she said with a helpful smile.

“Celestia asked me to retrieve something from an ancient castle in Everfree forest, it’s a very important task that needs the help of an element of harmony bearer,” Apple Bloom swiftly jumped down my back and landed in front of me.

“My sis has the greatest element of harmony of ‘em all!” the filly shouted boastfully.

“You possess honesty, am I correct?”

“Yep, that’s mah element, and I will be thrilled to help ya out. We drop Apple Bloom in Fluttershy’s cottage n’ we’ll be on our way.”

“I appreciate it; allow me to join you in your travel to this Fluttershy’s cottage,” I nodded thankfully.

“Of course you can join us, there ain’t no need for such fancy manners, Leightn’,” she said with a playful smirk.

“You know me; I like to keep the formality to the max always,” I grinned in the same way.

“Oh, oh, Fluttershy’s an element of harmony bearer too!” Apple Bloom added with enthusiasm, such an energetic filly she was.

“Really? What can you tell me about Fluttershy?”

“She’s a great pony, loves animals…” Apple Bloom’s speech continued for some more time, and after it, Applejack took control over the conversation. It was a fun walk to that cottage near the forest’s limits, surrounded by all sorts of animals. A small bridge led the entrance straight to a small wooden door, under the bridge, a small pond and river flowed, hosting all sorts of animals in it. Whoever this pony was, it was sure she loved animals.

“Fluttershy?” Apple Bloom squeaked and soon, a yellow coated pony with a pink mane shyly walked out the cottage and greeted us.

“Hi, Applejack, Apple Bloom,” she said to them with a smile, avoiding to see me.

“Howdy Fluttershy, before you walk us into yer house I have somepony you should meet,” she pointed at me with a hoof, “This is Leighton McRae, Leighton, this is Fluttershy.”

“A pleasure to make your acquaintance, Miss Fluttershy,” I took her hoof and kissed it, as I usually do. She seemed intimidated by this habit, however, “I must say you have such a lovely cottage, my wife loved animals too.”

Fluttershy’s face suddenly changed when I mentioned my wife’s career, showing a bright smile, “your wife loved animals too? You have to tell me all about it!” her voice was squeaky, some would find it annoying. She almost dragged me inside her cottage and tossed me into her couch, the apple’s giggled with this.

“Tea or water?” Fluttershy asked as she rushed inside her kitchen looking for cups and beverages.

“I was actually leaving, for I have a very important mission to accomplish,” I stood up seeming contrite.

“You must THE Leighton Spike mentioned, is it true that you’re a human?” she dropped everything and rushed towards me, staring at a few inches away from my face.

“Yes…” I tried to hide how awkward I felt with her so close to my face, “and I’m sorry to be so rude, but I really must leave,” her face began to show sadness.

“Oh…” she muttered, “In that case I guess we will talk later.”

“Of course we will Fluttershy, and very soon,” she walked back looking down.

“Yeah, n’ I’m goin’ with him. Celestia asked him somethin’ really important; take care of Apple Bloom while I’m away would you?” Applejack added as she bit my tail and dragged me along with her.

“I will, Applejack. Take care, both of you,” Fluttershy said now more neutral, her feeling processing speed was amazing.

“We will, Miss Fluttershy. Until next time,” I waved goodbye before Applejack closed the door and released my tail.

“What was that all about?” I asked with much surprise.

“You should thank me; if you engage conversation with her it’s very hard to break free from it,” she walked down the bridge towards the main road.

“But there are ways to do it with a little more style,” I teased as I trotted to catch up to her.

“You sounded like Rarity right there,” she giggled.

“Anyhow, I guess it’s about time I fill you in with more details regarding whatever we shall be doing inside Everfree forest.”

“Oh, it’s true. Tell me ‘bout it,” she turned to a more serious face now as we walked towards where I though the entrance to the forest was.

“Celestia told me that I bear an element of harmony, and that I must head to an ancient castle for two reasons. One: Find the scroll with the spell and bring it to her. Two: Find out what element I possess. Don’t ask me about the Queen’s motivation, I don’t know what happens in her mind.”

“She’s sendin’ you to that o’l castle? I’ve only been there once, but I do recall how it’s structured. That’s all?”

“Pretty much,” I turned to see Twilight waiting for us with her usual purple saddlebags.

“Finally!” Twilight shouted from a distance, “I never thought you would take so long.”

“You know I like cliffhangers,” I winked at her playfully.

“Very clever,” she said evidently not amused, “you still have to get in there and retrieve the scroll. If you don’t, Celestia will not break the link between the dimension and the humans will kill us all, don’t fail.”

“Thanks for the advice, any more doomsday reminders?” I said sarcastically, Applejack grinned next to me with the joke.

“No, I guess I was pretty clear. I will wait for you in the bench over there, you can take as long as you want,” she walked back to a white wooden bench at a side of the road, staring at us the whole time.

“C’mon,” I gazed at the darkness ahead of us; the vegetation was dense and blocked any sunlight inside. The forest did not inspire any trust.

“Alright Leighton, follow me!” Applejack galloped into the forest at full speed, I took off and catch up to her shortly after.

“Once I get this done, it’s all over,” I thought to myself just before Twilight vanished in the distance.