• Published 30th Dec 2012
  • 831 Views, 30 Comments

One Winter Night - Cloud Quake



Short and sweet romance story between Rainbow Dash and a random character.

  • ...
0
 30
 831

A Day in the Snow

The view outside my window was of a freshly laid snow cover from a storm that had passed through last night and dense cloud cover that threatened to drop more snow at any moment. Most ponies would stay inside and keep warm by a fire on a day like today, but I quite enjoyed weather like this so I was planning on taking a bit of a stroll to admire the snowy scenery without the hustle and bustle of other ponies to distract me.

As I prepare to step outside my mind couldn't help but wander to Dash, lately it had been quite difficult not to think about her, we've been dating for close to three weeks now so I guess it shouldn't come as too much of a surprise to me. Maybe I'll pay her a surprise visit on my stroll. I think to myself as I step outside and look around I see a scene that one might find in the jigsaw puzzle section of your local store; the snow cover was completely undisturbed, the bare tree branches had a light covering of snow on them, and a group of five cardinals picked at the ground searching for food. I'll have to refill the bird feeder later once I- my thought is cut off suddenly by a large sheet of snow sliding off my roof and landing right on top of me, covering me head to tail in a sheet of snow that is somewhat reminiscent of the layers of snow covering the tree branches around my house. I hear an unmistakable laugh coming from my roof and I instantly know this was no accident.

"You know I love you Cloud, but you really should have told me you were a snowpony sooner." She continues to laugh at the prank she pulled.

I shake myself off rapidly, letting most of the snow fall on her. "Well who's the snowpony now, hmm?"

"Hey! You can't just take my prank and use it on me a minute after I used it on you!"

"Oh. Sorry about that, I guess I wasn't aware of that law." I reply sarcastically. "Here, let me fix that."

I then playfully push her down into the snow, making sure she lands on her back to leave a Dash shaped impression in the snow. "There, now I have a snow angel."

She blushes slightly as I trot around her, suddenly I feel my forelegs leave the ground and I find myself flat on my back with the wind knocked out of me. As I start to recover I see Dash standing on top of me with a snowball in hoof, it doesn't take long for said snowball to leave her hoof and land right in my face.

"Oh. It. Is. ON." I get a large grin on my face as I get up and make a move towards her.

"Whoa, I know what you're trying to do, don't even think-" she's interrupted by her win hysterical laughter at this point as I've tackled her to the around and begun to tickle her. A few days ago I accidentally happened across a ticklish spot under her left wing and I knew it would come in handy on several occasions, this being one of them.

"You want me to stop, Dash? Good luck with that." She continues to laugh hysterically as I tickle her but somehow she manages to overpower me and push me onto my back, she then sits down with a plop on my chest.

"You know I told you never to do that again the first time it happened." She remarks with a smirk.

"I know, it just seemed appropriate for the situation, you hitting me with that snowball right in the face and all."

"Cloud Quake, you are the craziest pegasus this side of Canterlot, but I still love you for it."

She reclines and continues to use me as a chair for a few minutes before we both notice a rather large snowflake fall on my nose.

"Come on, we should probably go inside, it's getting colder out here and the snow is starting up again." I tell her. She nods and we both get up to head inside. As I hold the door open for her I look out at my yard and see the undamaged snow blanket from earlier is now completely destroyed.

Once we get inside Dash goes to sit down on my couch and I notice we're both soaked and shivering. I trot towards the closet to grab some blankets and return a few moments later with two blankets in hoof.

She smiles at me as she notices my return. "You only needed to get one blanket."

I smile nervously, and Dash takes clear notice.

"Come on, you know by now that I don't bite."

"Heh, true. You can have it your way then." I set the second blanket to the side and drape the first one over her.

"Can I get you something to drink? Normally all I keep around here this time of year is hot coffee, hot tea, and hot chocolate though."

She looks at me graciously for the kind gesture. "Some hot chocolate will be fine."

"Two hot chocolates it is then." I go into the kitchen to make the drinks and come back a few minutes later holding the beverages.

I hand Dash her mug and sit down next to her, pulling the blanket over the two of us in the process. She takes a sip of her drink and when she pulls the mug away from I can't help but laugh at the tiny marshmallow stuck on her nose.

"What's so funny?" She asks, confused as to what I'm laughing at.

"You should try looking at your face sometime." I respond while continuing to laugh.

She sets her mug down and moves her hoof across her face, trying feel for what I was talking about.

"Here, let me help you with that." I set my mug down by hers and kiss her on the nose, getting rid of the marshmallow and making her blush at the same time.

Our drinks are disregarded for the most part from that point on as we huddle close together under the blanket, seeking warmth as the snowfall outside gets heavier.

Author's Note:

Ever since I wrote up the second chapter for this story I've been getting ideas at random times for other chapters to go with it. Other than that I have my final exam in Spanish II in a little over a week so disfruta de el cuento! (Enjoy the story)

Comments ( 3 )

I hope that's not the ending in this picture!
dis is too good!
and my doctor said to come back if I have anymore heart explotions:moustache:

!!! another chapter!!! I thought the last one was the last one.

Login or register to comment