• Published 22nd Jan 2012
  • 1,618 Views, 14 Comments

Obscure Torrent - SirusAstro

  • ...
2
 14
 1,618

Alternate Ending

Alternate Ending

Beeeeeeeeeeep

That was it, Sweetie Belle's life ended there. The crowd of worrying friends saw the scene, they all became sorrow as tears ran down their cheeks. Rarity, being the most dramatic, burst into tears. She kept apologizing, as if it were her fault. The bright white unicorn hugged her life-less, only, sister. She cried on Sweetie Belle as the group watched, feeling sorry for Rarity. They were her friends thus they shall support Rarity through this.

Scootaloo and Apple Bloom, on the other hand, were waiting patiently in the waiting room. Though they did hear cries of agony, that sign revealed to them that their best friend had met her demise.

"You think she's ok Apple Bloom?" Scootaloo desperately asked.

"I-I don't know, with all the crying, I gue-" Apple Bloom paused as she and Scootaloo watched Rarity and the rest of the group come out of the room. Nurse Reheart also came out of the room.

"I'm so sorry for your loss, miss Rarity, there wasn't anything we could do. The sting from that scorpion was just to much for the little filly, especially if she had taken one to the head. Again, I am deeply sorry miss Rarity" Nurse Redheart said, feeling ashamed not being able to save that little filly's life.

Rarity sniffed and wiped her tears, it wasn't useful considering more tears ran, "I understand" she said, sobbing.

"Applejack what happened? Is Sweetie Belle ok?" Apple Bloom worriedly asked. Applejack turned back to her little sister.

"Apple Bloom, yer' friend Sweetie Belle is living in a happy place now" Applejack said, shutting her eyes. "I'm sorry Apple Bloom" she added.

"Wait...S-she's dead?!" Apple Bloom exclaimed.

"She is?!" Scootaloo said in the backround.

"She can't be, she just can't be!" Apple Bloom said repeating it over and over again.

"Calm down my little ponies" Twilight said, "Yes, Sweetie Belle has met her demise, but she is living in perfect harmony right now. The least you girls can do is be happy for her" Twilight ended.

"She does have a point" Apple Bloom thought. She hanged her head down as a single tear dropped onto the floor.

"But she's our friend!" Scootaloo shouted.

"If you were her real friend, then you would stop crying and start being happy for her" Twilight finally stated.

Again, Twilight had a point. Scootaloo and Apple Bloom were still sad, their best friend was gone. Though they had to follow Twilight's advice. And so, they did.


"Are you ready Spike?" Apple Bloom asked.

"Ready!" Spike said holding the quail and paper.

Scootaloo and Apple Bloom exhaled. Then they started speaking.

Dear Princess Celestia,

Today we lost a friend, a best friend. But that doesn't mean we are sad, anymore. As the rest of the Cutie Mark Crusaders, we respect our friend thus we should support her all the way even though she is gone. Through wise words, we learned that we shouldn't bring sadness to ourselves just because our friend is gone, we should be happy for her. After all. She is living in peace now, why should we be sad? We shouldn't be, she is probably watching us now, and that's as much as we need to know. All in all, friendship is bond that will never ever break, even in death.

Sincerely,
The Cutie Mark Crusaders

"Did you get that Spike?" Scootaloo asked.

"Sure did" The baby dragon said as blew the letter into air making it turn into pixie dust. "And it's on it way, by the way I'm sorry for your loss"

"it's ok Spike, we do have to learn to live without her"Apple Bloom proclaimed.

"How about we go crusading? Maybe that'll make us happy!" Scootaloo announced.

"Great idea! We can be...painters!"

"Or karate!" Scootaloo suggested as she walked out the library door, so did Apple Bloom. They left as they kept suggesting ideas to earn their cutie marks.

Up above the clouds was a happy filly watching Apple Bloom and Scootaloo search for their calling. The figure smiled.

"I love you girls" Sweetie Belle whispered.

Comments ( 5 )

Quite the short thing, don'tcha think so? You maybe should've begun earlier in the main story to provide something deeper... - this ending is rather odd...

Wow, a 4.5 for this story? I'd say this is horrible, though thats my opinion on my own story. I thought this would receive a 2. :applejackconfused:

wow.

Dear Princess Celestia,

Today I learned that when you lose somepony close to you, like a best friend you shouldn't be sad,
even though losing somepony may be hard and it may hurt you inside, you might be able to learn something by looking back at your friendship
and seeing what you have been though together and what you learn and remember may in fact be beautiful,
so don't cry over the loss of a friend just remember all the fun times you had together and remember they might even be watching over you.

your loving subject NimbleBolt.

152763
Are you saying I did the letter wrong?

153521 NO NO not at all, that is MY letter to Princess Celestia about what I learned from your story. I just get a lot out of stories like this one they make me think about myself. so thank you for writing this and please keep it up.:twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment