• Published 29th Mar 2013
  • 465 Views, 8 Comments

Dark Memories - Firo Blaze



I've always wondered what Rainbow Dash's past is/was so I decided to make up my own. Hope you enjoy!

  • ...
 8
 465

Chains of Determination

Nightfall came by the time Princess Celestia came out from a meeting to see the young aspiring Princess. Both walked down the hallway in cold silence as they waited for the Princess of the Night. Celestia had seen this day coming for years, but she had put it off, expecting the outcome to be less of an impact on the Elements. Then again, this had never happened before, so who could say what would happen?

A blue mare walked up to the two in silence, then after walking down a few hallways they entered a large area of the castle that was filled with untouched grass. Twilight gave a look of confusion, and turned up to her mentor. "Princess Celestia, what are we doing here?"

The Princess sighed, then started to hum like she was lost in a fantasy. After a few moments she asked, "Can you bring the other elements here? Using your magic, please." Celestia didn't look down at Twilight instead looked up at her sisters growing night. The stars were shinning their own melody one twinkling after another.

Twilight looked confused, but did as the Princess said. She made her stance strong, then pointed her horn towards the empty field. A feeling swirled around her that tingled her sides and spread like a wild fire. She felt a power rip through her body as she started to float off the ground. Just as the power was at its peak she used it, think of her friends. The purple alicorn fell on the ground with a large thump, she looked up as Princess Luna snickered to herself.

"The force that is to come is affecting the part of you that you need to live Princess Twilight," Celestia looked back at her student just as her sun falls behind the horizon and her sisters moon rises high in the sky. "Your magic is already failing you, it will only take a few days until it stops working all together." Twilight stares at where her friends would've been standing and sighs, not saying a word. Celestia puts a hoof on Twilights back as she sits next to her, "this time I will help you." She points her horn towards the open area with the thought of love and friendship in her mind. A glow beams from her horn and as if there was no effort, the five ponies where suddenly in front of the three alicorns. No pony could say a word before Celestia used her magic once more on the grassy area.

As her golden magic swarmed across the area a large dome structure built itself up from the ground. It was white with blue trimming across the roof, wild flowers of several colors growing up the sides and a mysterious light from the inside shinning out. Rainbow Dash landed on the ground with anger in her heart, "Why did you bring us here, I don't have time for this."

Princess Celestia ignored the Pegasus's quick anger and walked into the hidden building with the others following her. The walls were lit with torches along the dark, stone walls, spreading a dark vibe over the group. "This, my friends, is what we call the Training Meadow. Now, for several weeks you will spend your time in here with my lovely sister or I."

"Your majesty," Rarity said bowing to the ground, "Why must we train in this filthy, dark, and unimaginative place?" She looked around while holding her right hoof from the ground.

"Rarity, this is no time to be prissy." Rainbow blurted standing next to the white mare, "if you have a problem with a little dirt on your coat then you might as well dig your own grave."

"Unfortunately the young Rainbow is correct," Celestia said gaining the eyes of her subjects once more. "It was a very long time ago when we last used this place and the time has come once more for its assistance. Would you like to tell the story Rainbow Dash, or would be fine with me explaining-"

She was stopped short by the cyan mare who slowly floated to the ground. "I have to be the one to explain it. It was my fault in the first place." She swallowed hard and walked around the room until she reached the window seat in the back of the round room. Rainbow laid down and looked out to the night stars. "I was a little filly, curious, and always determined to find an answer to everything. I got that trait from the stallion who raised me, my father. I've always asked him why I never had a mother, but he never answered. One day I was sick of him not answering me so I went out to find my answer. There was this story about a mare who lived in the forest who could grant wishes, so I set out to find her. I spend two days in the Everfree Forest scared out of my mind, but my determination, and pride only grew until it swallowed me whole.

"I found my answer as I entered this dark cave. I felt like I had to be there, like it was calling me, and as soon as I went in I regretted it." She paused to wipe a tear off her cheek, "inside was my mother tied to the wall with large chains. I wasn't sure how I figured out it was her, but it was a feeling I had deep inside of me that I just knew who she was. She was so beautiful, her coat was as bright as my eyes, her hair was the brightest blue, and I loved her. I just loved her so much that I never thought twice about why she was chained up. As soon as I ran up to her she looked down at me with these bright red eyes and smiled, and I couldn't help but smile back. One thing that I noticed right away was her lack of wings, but she wasn't a pegasus like I thought she would be, she was a unicorn. To me that didn't matter, I finally found my mother and I would get her out of there no matter what." Rainbow Dash looked Celestia in the eyes as the nodded to each other in understanding. "I found the key hanging on the wall, so I unlocked her. She walked with me outside of the cave and that's all I can remember." She left out the part of the screams and crashes she heard trying not to frighten her friends.

Celestia walked up next to where Rainbow laid and said, "Her mother almost killed our Rainbow. She is strong and that's why Rainbow has been training, because she can feel her mother comming to take over Equestria. I'm not sure how much time we have, but we must get to work immediately. Now girls, do you want to continue?" She looked down at the arrangement of mares. They all felt like they where slowly loosing themselves, but at that moment they felt like their normal selves long enough to answer truthfully.

Rainbow looked away from her friends and at the stars and she thought, I don't want my friends to be hurt. I will do anything to protect them, mother. If you hurt anypony I will find a way to destroy you and I will, no matter how long it takes. Rainbow walked out of the dome without a word and took off flying with determination in her eyes and inside of her heart. It wrapped around her like heavy chains, refusing to be unbound.

Author's Note:

... So, if you have an idea for the name of Dash's mom that'd be pretty great... Something dark too, you know... If you don't mind and stuff...

Comments ( 3 )

The first thing that popped into my head for the name was Crossing Blades. You can use or not. I don't even know where it came from :derpytongue2:

2468601 I'll probably use it for something, I may have an idea. To the drawing board :derpytongue2:

yuusshh updattee soon:twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment