• Published 29th Mar 2013
  • 465 Views, 8 Comments

Dark Memories - Firo Blaze



I've always wondered what Rainbow Dash's past is/was so I decided to make up my own. Hope you enjoy!

  • ...
 8
 465

Just Flying

Five mares looked up at the clear blue sky in wonder, none of them sure what to say. Rainbow Dash cleared all the clouds before most ponies were up and walking. The five looked up at Dash as she flew around one single cloud in the sky. She hit it, flew away, then dove from above to pierce it from above. "What's she doin' Twi?" Applejack asked. They all looked back up at Rainbow as she cursed at the cloud.

Twilight stared at the cyan pegasus and answered, "I'm not sure. Fluttershy, can you fly up there and ask her to come down to talk?" The shy pegasus nodded and few up with caution. As she approached Dash she noticed her coat was covered in sweat that dripped off of her. Fluttershy swallowed, "Um... Dashie? C-can you, um, talk to us? If that's alright with you." She hid in her pink hair as Rainbow Dash flew up next to her.

Fluttershy looked into her eyes and was shocked by the sadness inside of them, "Not now, Shy. Maybe another time, I have to-" she cut herself off to find the right words "-I'm just flying, that's all, I'll catch up with all of you later, 'kay Shy?" She rubbed a hoof through Fluttershy's pink mane and few off without saying another word. Her heart twisted inside of her chest, and tears brimmed her eyes once more. Maybe I should train my friends to fight too, she thought. Don't be crazy, Rainbow Dash, this is your issue and I'm sure you don't want to concern them anymore then they already are. With that Dash's mind was set, a closed door that wasn't going to open for anyone. If she is going to save everypony she must train. She gained speed until she passed sound speed, Dash tried a second time, but failed. Disappointed she set her mind for the goal of the day: to make two Sonic Rainbooms in less then a minuet from one another. With the goal in her head she flew off with determination.



She said she was "just flying", but she looked so sad. Like when Amy, my otter, loses her ball in the deep part of the river." Fluttershy looked around the table of her friends as they sat at Sugar Cube Corner.

"I've noticed something," Princess Twilight frowned and sipped a cup of hot chocolate. "I know it doesn't sound logical, but I've felt like something bad is going to happen. Not just that, but I feel very... I don't know how to put it, doubting myself would be the best way. I don't feel so sure of what I'm doing, but I guess it could be because of the whole princess thing." She took a small bite of her food as Pinkie sighed while staring at her own. "Pinkie? Are you okay?" The girls looked at the hot pink maned pony.

She stared at the cup of full cup of chocolate in front of her. "I've feel... Sad. Even laughing hurts, but I don't know why. Even Discord dressed in one of Rarity's dresses with ants crawling underneath it doesn't even tickle me in the least." She let out a long sigh as her hair suddenly flattened and a shadow loomed over her. A loud boom carried through the streets and into Sugar Cube Corner, no pony sure what to think the conversation continued.

Twilight turned her attention to the other ponies around the table, and landed on Applejack. "Jack, is your cider warm enough?"

Applejack shook her head, "Nah! It 'tis colder then the middle of winter!"

The corners of Twilights mouth fell, "Applejack, are you lying?"

"Me lie? Come on Twi, you're talkin' to the Element of Honesty."

"Well, I know that I'm talking to the Element of Honesty, but Jack your cider is steaming." She pointed a hoof towards the steaming cup of cider before Applejack. A laps of silence followed, then a boom filled it and the building and ground shook slightly. No mare at the table noticed, they all watched Applejack as her greens eyes slowly cleared over.

The mares around the table looked wearily at the stunned Applejack, "Ah am mighty sorry, y'all. Ah didn't notice one bit, it felt natural to meh."

Twilight's expression went sour, "I need to confront Celestia about this, if you'll excuse me girls?" The four watched as the purple mare left two bits on the table and flew out the door with her newly found wings.

"I hope her wings get cut off, or burned," Fluttershy mumbled with an angered expression. The other three around the table didn't speak a word, instead they sat looking at their pastries and steaming cups. Fluttershy gasped suddenly, "what is wrong with me? That was such an unkind thing to say."

Rarity looked up at Fluttershy and said in her posh voice, "I wish I had your mane. It is so natural and light, plus with the extensions it looks so magnificent." Pinkie Pie abruptly sat up from the table and walked over to the stairs. Just before she left she said, "Girls, look at yourselves! You're falling apart as we speak, get your minds together, you're going to need them..." Pinkie walked up the stairs sluggishly, like all her energy was sucked out of her.

Slowly, the others went on their ways, leaving a few bits on the table along with their half eaten pastries. Their cups were already starting to cool down as well as their hearts, each mare losing a piece of the love they thought they had.