• Published 29th Mar 2013
  • 465 Views, 8 Comments

Dark Memories - Firo Blaze



I've always wondered what Rainbow Dash's past is/was so I decided to make up my own. Hope you enjoy!

  • ...
 8
 465

No Time For Now

Rainbow Dash awoke with tears running down her face, soaking the cloud she was perched on. It was the middle of the night, and the only other pony up would be the princess of the night. Rainbow Dash wiped at her cheeks with a cold hoof. Why did she have to be such a cry baby? It sickened her and she would have scoffed at herself, but didn't have the energy. She was exhausted from the hours spent trying to muffle her desperate sobs. Rainbow didn't want to be caught looking like this, so she told her friends that she had over trained yesterday morning, but in reality she was in need of some alone time. She needed time to shed her emotions, to forget about what happened, and about what will happen.

Rainbow stretched her wings and invited the cold air inside of her cloud. Fully awake, she decided to take an easy fly around Ponyville. She wiggled out of the cloud pocket she buried herself into, then flapped her wings until she was sure they would hold her. Her mind kept telling her how lame she was. Pathetic, loser, immature, heartless, crybaby... She hadn't realized how fast she was flying until she opened her eyes. Rainbow stopped and turned towards Ponyville only to see that it was nothing more than a speck in the distance. It dawned on her that she could leave if she wanted to. She had nothing to take with her, she didn't own much except the dress Rarity made for her for the Grand Galloping Gala, which she sent to her father.

Her wings moved automatically, though, and slowly carried her back into town. She made her way onto the ground. Rainbow Dash landed and walked along the rivers bank. Those red eyes radiated in her mind once again, making her heart beat erratically. Why would she do that to Dash? That pony was Rainbow's hero, but then turrned into her nightmare. She was gone now, but still a threat. Rainbow just hoped that she wouldn't get any ideas to come back to get her, or her friends. She just had to push through it. Pretend that nothing bad was going to happen. She survived Nightmare Moon, Discord, Queen Chrysalis, King Sombra and even when the abundance of Pinkie Pies were placed all over Ponyville. Could that even compare what's to come, though? She thought.

While walking along the bank of the river, she heard a branch break in the science of the night. She whipped around and charged blindly ramming into something solid. She tumbled around for a bit, but in the end she was standing over her stalker, both hooves pressed into the pony's shoulders. Her eyes were determined, unafraid, but still puffy and red from crying. Rainbow glared at frightened emerald eyes. It only took her seconds to realize who it was. It was Soarin from the Wonderbolts.

"Ohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh!" She exclaimed as she hopped off of him. Keep it cool, she reminded herself. She helped him up onto his hooves before acing a fake glare. "Why were you following me, and why are you up in the middle of the night?"

He stared her on, which seemed weird to her with his kind eyes. "I saw you and thought maybe something was wrong, and besides, what are you doing up so late?" He pointed. Rainbow bit her bottom lip and viewed her options; fight with Soarin and most likely never be able to join the Wonderbolts, or restart on a better note. She knew what to choose, even if it means giving part of her pride up. She answered, "how about we just start over, my names Rainbow D-"

"Dash," He interrupted her. "I know who you are, you have saved Equestria countless times." She rubbed her cyan hoof in the grass and starred down at it. What am I doing, she thought, if I continue to waist my time... She swallowed and looked up at Soarin.

"Um... I-I got to go." She said turning around, ready to leave.

"Wait!" Soarin called after her, "Is something wrong? You look like you were cr-"

She faced him with sudden anger in her glossy eyes, and said, "I don't cry." She turned around and ran as fast as her legs would allow her to. After a while her sprint had turned into a painful trot, as she wandered the lonely streets of the town. She sat in the ally of two shops, filth getting on her coat, and there she thought about everything at once. How to help her friends, get stronger, move faster, fly higher, and able to run longer and faster was now added to her list. Her ears twitched back and forth as she closed her eyes, stinging with fresh tears. Why was everything put on her? Rainbow Dash sobbed into her arm and did so until she felt herself being lifted off the ground. Her eyes were too blurry from tears to see correctly, so instead she leaned her head on the strange pegasi and slowly drifted off to sleep.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

White and golden light of Celestia's glorious morning sun was shining down, piercing Dash's sweet slumber. She used her hooves and rubbed the morning from her eyes and did a cat stretch to loosen her muscles. She opened her eyes and found herself in a trance; she was in a home, not a random cloud or a tree, but an actual Cloudsdale house. A memory of blood scattered on the soft, white cloud walls forced her eyes closed, and her knees buckled underneath her. "Are you okay, Dash?" A male voice said. She opened her eyes and saw Soarin slowly walking up towards her as he held onto a pan with both hooves. He placed a pie on the bed next to her very cautiously. Dash looked strangely at the pie until he explained, "I know it doesn't look edible, but it's my apology from yesterday to you. I felt bad when you ran away, so I went out to find you, and when I did," he looked down at the floor and scratched his leg with his own. "I'm sorry I never asked you, but I didn't want to leave you alone in the ally out there." He looked up at her and she let out a long sigh and stared out the window.

"I've been upset for a while now, and I know that you're just being nice to me so you can find out what, but I can't tell you. It would hurt too much," Rainbow never kept her eyes away from the open window. She gave her wings a little flap, then they suddenly contracted, and she swallowed a gasp. The pain in her muscles seemed to double over night, but she stood and forced herself to walk up to the window. Without saying another word, she flew out the window, not giving a second look behind her. Even when her stomach growled like a wild creature from the Everfree Forest, she never stopped moving. Rainbow knew there was no leisure anymore, because if she took one second of time away from training on anypony, it could cost several ponies their lives.