• Published 25th Nov 2012
  • 805 Views, 13 Comments

Friendship is Demonic - Christophe



What happens when an Undead Warlock meets a world of kindness and love? Exactly what you'd think.

  • ...
4
 13
 805

The Warlock way of thinking.

A/N: Because I know not everyone know the names of every Warlock ability when I name one I'm going to add a link so people can get an idea of what I mean by something. Also items and pets/mount. The kinda self-explainitory ones I will leave blank.

Sheoth slowly opened his eyes. He was delighted to have actually slept without some kind of horrid nightmare or beast attacking. He was, however, not happy that he was violently being awoken by a rhythmic banging on the front door. Sheoth rose and looked out the window to find it was sometime shortly after dawn.

'This better be good,' He thought was his signature anger crept back into his mind.

Sheoth looked back to find that Big Mac had already vacated the room. Sheoth stalked out of the room and towards the front entrance. Once there he noticed AJ talking to another woman. The woman matched AJ's description of Twilight Sparkle and she was frantic.

"The Princess wasn't clear about the details. All she said was one of her rangers over heard a pair of Diamond Dogs talking about an attack on Ponyville!" Said Twilight.

"Well, Twi what are we gonna do?"

"Well, first what direction are the dogs coming from?" Asked a more sober Sheoth.

"East of Ponyville but… Why?"

"Well, think of it this way. Two dogs were snuck up on by a full grown human, while divulging their plan. Either this is an elaborate trap or they are REALLY stupid."

"Ah'll pick the Latter."

"Then I suggest we fortify the town, mostly on the East side."

The girls nodded in agreement and left out once Big Mac joined them. Sheoth slowly followed until they were out of sight. Sheoth looked to the east before summoning his Dreadsteed and riding off towards the den of beasts.

--------------------------

Finding the den was not as difficult as Sheoth had first thought. Even after years of fruitlessly searching for creatures and items in unspecified locations had not honed his skills in that aspect. But this, was far easier than it should have been. A large open plain, surrounded by rocks, and covered in holes was a dead give away. Sheoth began his pre-quest checklist.

'Healthstone, Check.'

'Soulstone, Check.'

'Dark Intent, Double Check.'

'Armor, In bags.'

'Demon… Not check.'

Sheoth pulled on his armor. For a moment he felt good to be back in his gear. Wearing this look-a-like set always made him nostalgic about fighting the Titan constructs. Sheoth shook his head to return his focus. He began summoning his Wrathguard, Lazgorath, (Yes, I know his name.) thanks to his more recent acquisition of knowledge from the Grimoire of Supremacy.

Laz and Sheoth may not have been together as long as he and his Felguard, Krenashak. Laz more than made up for his lack of experience with raw strength and a second weapon. This was enough for Sheoth to put his trust in the demon… that and the binding magic.

"Hello…Master," Laz's words dripped with venom, "You seem different."

"I started working out," stated Sheoth dryly, "anyway, are you ready for some preemptive mayhem?"

"Always."

Sheoth smiled under his hood as he neared the largest of the holes. He stopped briefly to place a Demonic Circle outside the hole. He would only have a six minute window for a clean escape, but his pride assured him it was enough time. He then dropped into the darkness. Sheoth summoned a bit of flame in his left hand to better light the tunnel.

With the light source Sheoth and Laz moved in the direction of the noise seemed to be coming from. Along the way some unfortunate dogs wandered into Sheoth's path. These dogs were met with a swift slash from Laz's blades or a blast of Fel Fire from Sheoth's unoccupied hand. After a minute of walking and several dead dogs the demonic team came upon the main chamber of the den.

They crouched behind a large boulder to survey the room. Inside an army of dogs stood in formation. Sheoth smiled at the shear number of enemies. He moved his hand into one of his bag. Laz watched as the warlock produced a Tome of Clear Mind. Laz wore a quizzical expression.

"What is that for?" Laz whispered.

Sheoth smiled and showed Laz what he was doing. Sheoth opened up the book and Magic started to pour into him. The tome brought about a disconnecting feeling in Sheoth as his cunning turned to fury. The magic of the Tome allowed him to sever himself from Kil'Jaeden's essence and instead connect to Mannoroth's. Sheoth looked back at the sad excuses for gnolls with a wicked smile. Laz smiled alongside his master as they silently agreed on a course of action.

--------------------------------

Applejack was beside herself. She had gone to town and set straight to work building barricades. Her worry didn't stem from the imminent attack, but for a missing pale visitor. She had been sure he left after them, but he was nowhere to be seen. She looked towards the East through the crowd of people and guards.

'Ah hope he's all right.'

-----------------------------------

"THIS IS THE MOST EXCRUCIATING FUN I HAVE EVER HAD!" screamed the warlock. He ran through the sea of dogs with a grin only a psychopath could manage. Everything in a forty yard radius of Sheoth was burning with the hellfire that shot from his feet. Dogs fled in fear of the burning pyromaniac but were met with a charge from the demon that accompanied him. Sheoth could have done this for hours, but with his health slowly dwindling and time running short he decided to finish the battle.

Sheoth looked over to a pillar in the middle of the cavern. The de facto-leader of the Diamond Dogs stood near it as he yelled orders at the others. Sheoth smiled again and activated his Metamorphosis. The dogs found a new level of terror as the flaming monster became a full blown demon before their eyes. He turned to the leader and let fly a brutal Wave of Chaos at him and the surrounding area.

The wave effectively disintegrated the leader and severly damaged the load-bearing pillar. Sheoth aimed to finish what he started. With a wave of his black and purple claw a rift opened above him and out flew the beginning of an Abyssal. The meteor smashed into the remains of the pillar and erupted into a fiery behemoth. The Abyssal was content to continue hunting the dogs while Sheoth and Laz made for the exit.

The team ran through the tunnels at a breakneck speed. They didn't even stop to finish any dogs they passed. Time was getting very short when Sheoth felt the presence of his Demonic Circle. All that was left behind was a pile of ash as the tunnel collapsed.

Sheoth and Laz appeared out of the circle but didn't stop running. The ground around them was sinking and they needed to get to safety. They screamed as they ran towards the forest line. With a tumble they both landed on what appeared to be solid ground. The pair stood and moved over to the crater to take a look.

"You know… This makes me think I might have been a Goblin in a previous life," Stated Sheoth as he marveled at the hole.

"And why is that?" Asked Laz.

"I have a nature talent for devastation," Even the demon laughed at this as they moved back into the forest.

"I like you better with emotions," chuckled Laz.

--------------------------

Sheoth wandered to the town after dismissing his demon and removing his armor. The towns folk were gathered around an energetic girl with rainbow colored hair. Sheoth moved though the crowd towards the front. He ended up next to Applejack, who gave him a relieved look.

"I swear when I got to where the den was supposed to be It was just a crater!" called the girl, Sheoth now recognized as AJ's friend Rainbow Dash.

"What could have possibly done something like that!" yelled someone in the crowd.

Sheoth felt a soft hand on his left shoulder. He turned to meet the stern gaze of the formerly timid girl. Sheoth gulped and followed the girl away. AJ took notice and chased after them. Once they were away from the crowd and in a more secluded area AJ spoke up.

"Gus! Where were ya. Ah been worried sick." He went to answer when he was cut off.

"He was with me Applejack, but I need to talk to him in private," The formerly shy girl said.

"All right then, Ah'll let y'all be Shy." She nodded and went back towards the crowd.

Sheoth turned back to the girl only to be met with a slap to the face. His Fel Armor reduced it to nothing but that did not detract from the significance. The once timid girl seethed with rage at the undead. She had held back her tears long enough though and slumped to the ground sobbing.

"Why… (Sob) why would you do that to them."

"What I did barely changed the outcome, Fluttershy," She looked up at him with tears still in her eyes, " if I hadn't done that then they would have come to the town and slaughtered the lot of you, OR gotten themselves slaughtered."

"(Sob) But why did you have to kill them all (Sob)."

"I didn't though," Sheoth knelt down in front of the girl, "I stopped the army, and collapsed the den. That doesn't mean I killed all of them or even collapsed all the tunnels. I mean, they are tunneling dogs so they could just dig themselves out. The important thing is… the town is safe.

"I… I don't agree with what you did… but you're right," she moved in and hugged Sheoth, who awkwardly hugged back.

'Oh Blizz, I really skinned my sack on that one' He thought to himself.

------------------------------

Sheoth stood in the Ponyville library admiring the selection. Last time he had been in a real library a couple of angry mages tried to throw him out. They were unceremoniously thrown over the edge of Dalaran by Krenashak. Now the AJ and her friends were talking about the recent occurrences. Fluttershy kept stealing glances at him as he skimmed some of the magic books.

He used the word "Magic" loosely. The magic in these books were parlor tricks to the casters of Azeroth. Even a Death-Knight with frostbite on his brain could do most of these. He considered where he was for a moment. All of these spells could be practical in a non-combat environment. Sheoth smirked. Even with what happened today, this land is a mostly peaceful place. His shadow and fire magic wouldn't be very useful here for the most part… until something else decides to attack.

'Hmmm, Note to self: find a scribe to make more tomes.'

Sheoth felt a tap at his side. He looked over to see a teenaged boy with spiky green hair. He was holding a tea cup out. Sheoth took it and absentmindedly sipped at it after returning to his book. He felt the tapping again. This time Sheoth closed the book and faced the boy. Now that he got a good look he could see a few obvious signs about the teen. Pointed ears, teeth like his own, and a radiating heat led Sheoth to believe this was a dragon.

'Remember, don't murder it until it tries to murder you.' Sheoth thought to himself.

"Hey, I'm Spike," Spike and Sheoth shared a hand-shake, " So, Rarity said your going to be working for her, and that you can do magic, so… what's your special talent with it?"

'I can't tell if this Kid is asking a real question or coming at me like Blood Elves at the bar.' Sheoth thought as he gave Spike a strange look.

"Oh, sorry it's just… Well, there aren't that many guys in this town, and barely any come to the library. You looked like you were enjoying the books, and I thought we could be friends…" Spike looked embarrassed from having to explain himself.

"Cooking," Sheoth answered.

"C-c-c-cooking!?" Spike stammered, "You're so thin though."

"Just cause I'm good at it doesn't mean I remember to eat all the time," Sheoth chuckled.

'This begs the question why do I know how to cook if I just cannibalize most of the time… and why did I obsess over collecting all of the recipes Azeroth had to offer?' Sheoth stared into space for a moment before returning to reality. (True story btw, Got all but one)

Sheoth felt eyes upon him. He turned towards the group of girls. They stared at him, two in disbelief, two in wonder, one smiling, and the last stifling laugher. Sheoth gave them an indignant look. He reached into his bags and grabbed the ingredients he needed before moving into Twilight's kitchen. Sheoth donned his Chef's Hat and set to work.

Minutes later Sheoth returned carrying a tray. On said tray sat a large pot of Witchberry tea and slices of fresh watermelon. Sheoth slammed the tray down in the center of the table before snatching up a piece of watermelon and a cup of his own tea. He returned to the bookshelf.

The girls and Spike looked at the spread before them. They each reached for a cup and a slice of melon. Rainbow was the first to take a bite of melon and a sip of the tea. Her eyes rolled back in her head with an audible sound of satisfaction. The other girls made similar sounds as they enjoyed the sweet food. Sheoth smiled to himself.

'Don't underestimate the Warlock girls.' Sheoth turned back to Spike.

"Anyway," Spike started.

Conversation continued normally for quite some time. Sheoth and Spike chatted away until the topic turned to women. Sheoth inwardly chuckled at the teen's plight with Rarity and promised to help him. Spike became curious about his new friends own love life though.

"I did have someone I cared about. That was long ago though."

"Was she nice?"

"She was very nice. Kind as the day is long and beautiful."

Sheoth started to reminisce about a magical summer he had spent with a Blood Elf mage long ago. She was so kind and caring. He had done everything for her but she was far too trusting. That was her ultimate downfall.

"Well, what was her-URP!" Spike stopped mid sentence before burping up a flaming scroll.

Sheoth blinked as Spike took the scroll to Twilight. She skimmed the contents before taking on a surprised look. She showed the scroll to the other girls and Spike. They looked up from the scroll, and over to Sheoth.

"What is it?" He asked.

"It looks like the Princess is coming tomorrow and she wants to meet… you," Twilight said still looking confused.

"Great," Sheoth said with an obviously forced smile.

A/N: So, imagine how much fun Celestia is gonna have with a Chaos wielding master of demons. Oh boy. Also still up for requests, OCs, Etc… cause after this chapter its going to get a little more slice of lifey. So input is always welcome.

Comments ( 7 )

He's a warlock and a Forsaken...and yet he's relatively cheerful and friendly. It's mood whiplash. In-game Forsaken are sociopathic nutjobs, and warlocks tend to be grim and forbidding. He's...simply waaaay too cheerful for a warlock and a hardened adventurer.

Certainly, I can't imagine a warlock comforting Fluttershy. Curtly pointing out the flaws in her argument, yes, but the sappiness above is sort of unrealistic.

1693719

Think about it this way. Right you are correct about nutjob thing, the diamond dog thing speaks for that. The Undead are spiteful and depressing because they envy or hate the living. Now he is close to being alive again and can actually feel the positive side of things without the soul crushing despair. Besides, nothing with a minute amount of soul could resist comforting Fluttershy, that is a known fact.

OCs as in pony OCs or also other OCs :pinkiehappy:.
Also if you have him using spells and specific mechanics try to not describe them as you would use them ingame.
Like for example the part where he switched from Kj's cunning to Mannos fury, try to describe a bit more poetic, like he has to sever his connection to the lingering traces of Kil'jaedens presence in the nether to begin drawing from the remaining fragments of Mannoroths power.
If you continue to describe it like you would describe a gaming session to someone it's not very engaging.

1697814

I like that presence thing, I'll edit that a bit before next chapter. Also, I don't discriminate on OCs. The only problem might be how to work them in. If you want me to try shoot me a message.

Edited slightly thanks to some friendly advise from Cadmium.

MOAR! Update plzz!

1720673

I'll work on it I promise, I've got a lot of stories buzzing around in my head. Not to mention trying to get a Brawlers guild invitation on WoW. Back to the point, I'll work on it.

Login or register to comment