• Published 20th Nov 2012
  • 541 Views, 31 Comments

My Little Cronies: Season One Stories - Princess Cadenza



The Season One Stories of My Little Cronies. (Hey, that rhymes!)

  • ...
2
 31
 541

Season 1 Episode 3

My Little Cronies: Season 1 Episode 3
Lyra's First Visit to the Crystal Empire PART ONE

After Lyra was done with her day's work, she sat back to admire it. She let out a big, grateful sigh. It was a realistic model of Star Swirl the Bearded, life size. It's for the Summer Sun Celebration, she reminded herself. So don't ruin it. The paint on it needs to dry in the meantime.

Lyra took a stroll through town while she waited for her model to dry. She peeked through the windows to look at the pony dress forms with fashionable hats and necalices. But there was one that caught her eye... One that looked crystalline. It looked... Perfect for the Celebration in this year's location, the Crystal Empire. It was ruby red, with a fire ruby necalice. She saw Spike looking at it too.

Oh, Spike, thought Lyra, You do realize you'd have to buy the dress to get the fire ruby necalice, don't you? She chuckled to herself.

She walked in with 50 bits to buy the dress. She saw Spike also heading for the counter to pay.

"Hello, may I get- Whaaaaa!" Spike was sent flying back into a shelf of soaps by the shove of Lyra's hoof.

"Hello, may I buy this fire ruby dress please?" she said eagerly. In the corner of her eye, she was still fixed on the perfect dress she wanted.

"Sure, that'll be 45 bits."

Lyra threw 45 coins on the counter. The employee of the store went into a small room to get a dress just like it, and then put it in a bag. The pony then gave the bag to Lyra. Lyra thanked the employee and trotted out of the store. Spike started walking back up to the counter to buy the fire ruby dress. He'd just give the dress to Rarity and take the necalice. Of course, the necalice was the best part...

Lyra then ran back to her house and touched her model. It was almost dry! She put her dress on and admired herself in the mirror. She looked like a princess unicorn. If only she had a hairdo to go with it...

She decided to go to Rarity's to get a special hairdo from her. She walked up to Rarity's Carousel Boutique about a block away. She opened the door to find Rarity sewing a silk dress to add to her fashion line.

"Please do come in, darling," said Rarity. "My my my, that's quite a fancy dress you got there."

"Hello Rarity," Lyra said. "I got this dress from a store downtown to wear to the Summer Sun Celebration in the Crystal Empire, and I thought a good hairstyle would go perfectly with it. The Celebration's tonight, Rarity-- Tonight. I really need a good hairstyle, and I heard that you make perfect hairdos. Could you... Could you do that for me?"

"Why, of course I can Lyra!"

"Good. Can you make my hairstyle really match my dress, please?"

Rarity first washed and rinsed Lyra's hair till it shone in the light. She braided, twisted, and curled her hair until Lyra looked like a unicorn princess. One last thing, Rarity thought to herself. Just one more. Don't louse this up.

She placed a fire ruby tiara on Lyra's head to complete the style. Rarity's eyes twinkled at the sight at what Lyra's hair looked like. It looked almost like Princess Cadence's hairdo for the Equestria Games, but almost better.

"Done, Lyra!"

Rarity gave Lyra a hoofmirror to see how beautiful she looked.

"...Rarity..."

"Yes?"

"This isn't the hairdo I had in mind..."

"It isn't?" Rarity gulped.

"No." Lyra felt herself grin wide. "It's EVEN BETTER! Better than I've ever seen you do!"

"Why, thank you."

"Here's your pay." Lyra levitated 15 bit's into Rarity's aura.

"You shouldn't have. What I just did for you is just what friends do for each other."

"Oh my gosh!!!!!" Lyra stared in horror at her hoofwatch. "The train ride leaves in 6 minutes!! See ya!" Before she knew it, Lyra was running around the block back to her cottage. Rarity flipped the OPEN sign on her window to CLOSED and trotted to the train station. Lyra quickly levitated her model into the air and ran to the train station. Right before the conductor shouted, "All aboard who's coming aboard!", Lyra made it through the doors. Just. In. Time.

Lyra found herself sitting next to Pinkie Pie.

"HI LYRA!!!" Pinkie shouted.

"Um, Pinkie... Turn it down a notch? At least don't start yelling until we've taken off." The train then took off. Lyra groaned.

"Can I--" Pinkie said, then was muffled by Lyra's hoof. Lyra then took her hoof off of Pinkie's mouth.

"Yes, Pinkie, you can start talking now." Lyra rolled her eyes. As Pinkie was yapping something about oatmeal, Lyra asked a nearby pony, "How long is the train ride?"

"1 and a half hours," was the pony's reply.

1 and a half hours isn't so bad, Lyra told herself. It's just... Ninety... Minutes... Lyra slapped herself in the face. Pinkie was still yapping, now talking gibberish about a pie. Lyra waited until Pinkie's back was turned, which was only a few seconds later fortunately to Lyra, and slowly crept away to move to a different seat, levitating her model with her and all.

She fell asleep eventually after about five minutes. She woke up when the train was already in the Crystal Empire, and the train stopped.

She was there...

Comments ( 1 )

Yes, I know what you're thinking about episode three... this is only half the episode. :rainbowwild:

Login or register to comment