• Published 15th Dec 2023
  • 349 Views, 11 Comments

Dear Saint Nick - DanishDash



A collections of moments in the life of Nicholas, Applejack, and those around him.

  • ...
1
 11
 349

A Little Bit About Elves

Elves are a very interesting species.

Most ponies have not even realized they exist. Certainly they are not even recognized in any official record. The elves we know of all lived within the Everfree forest, deep within, in hidden villages, and secret groves and clearings.

It isn't exactly known how they came to be, or how old their kind are, but it is safe to assume that these little creatures have at least been around as long as the Everfree.

Right now, it is unknown if there are more of them outside the Everfree.

Elves are almost cat-like creatures, and come in all sorts of sizes, or small. They enjoy warm places, and have quite the sweet tooth.

They are very careful by nature, and so have developed an artform never to be detected. This makes them masters of stealth. Only VERY few have ever laid eyes on an elf, and should see one, you can be sure it is gone as soon as you blink.

The elves also have magical potential, although to how far this extends is unknown. But elves have the ability to perform tiny spells, and change the world around them in minor ways. This will be elaborated upon further down.

While elves are not stupid in any way, one could say they can be naive in some ways. They have great capacity to learn a trade, and almost master it. As an example, you could teach an elf to sew, but if you were to ask the elf to sew something they have come up with, the elf would get confused.

Elves are generally friendly creatures, who enjoy playing, and exploring. They have a love for building their home, to make it as cozy as possible. However when elves are bored, or they are unsatisfied, elves have a habit of mischief.

If you have an elf in your home, and it is bored, or unsatisfied, you will start experiencing minor pranks around you. From socks changing color, to milk having gone sour, gravy having been filled in every hole of your cheese, or your clothes have gotten too small, or too big.

If that is the case, your only remedy is leaving snacks for the elves to take during the night. Cookies, or rice pudding. If your elf is happy, it will start to bring you luck, or maybe even make your chores easier by helping in some form or another.

Elves are generally not very trusting creatures, hence why it is even more amazing they found someone like Nicholas to follow. When he asked, they followed him all the way up north, and quickly became part of his community. Excelling in whatever task they decided to take on.

They have thrived, and become as vital to the community as the many reindeers already living there.

We cannot be sure of this of course, but it is rumored that some elves stayed behind, and are keeping an eye on different families. Some rumors even say they report back to Santa, if they spot any troubling behavior, but that is just a rumor.

What is known however, is that elves are kind and gentle creatures, but with a streak of mischief. They are an army of little helpers, and have built thousands of toys already.

It would be an understatement to say they have become vital to Santa's efforts to bring toys to every good girl and boy.

Comments ( 8 )

Super excited to see where this goes, mate!

11775673
Poof!

Your wish is granted! :moustache:

Very great stuff! Though... Could use MacDash... Lol! Altogether very fun read!

11775763
Who knows, maybe I'll put one in just for you. :eeyup::heart::rainbowwild:

... to every good 'girl and boy' ...

shouldn't that be 'filly and colt' ??

11776080
It would be, if he was only giving gifts to foals.

Yeeeeeeeees
New Xmas story!!!!

Login or register to comment