• Published 16th Mar 2024
  • 130 Views, 6 Comments

Vehicle...Allegedly - AlwaysDressesInStyle



Lulu Luck tries to repair an old jalopy. It doesn’t go well.

  • ...
 6
 130

Villain

The engine doesn’t run, but unlike the rest of the car, it’s not beyond saving. She doesn’t need an engine lift to pull the motor from the car. Her magic is strong enough to do the job.

Parts that aren’t metal are in good shape. The crushed velour seats are comfortable, and she has no problems saving them to put in another car someday. The lighting fixtures are still intact, and she pulls them off the car. Assorted bits and bobs get stacked in a corner as the car is stripped of anything useful.

The car isn’t going to need any of those parts, not where it’s going.

She sighs as a flatbed truck shows up to take the car to the scrapheap. She’s wasted a lot of money on that clunker, but she’s learned a valuable lesson in the process: you can’t save all of them.


A month later she’s at the county fair. Her old Lincoln is there, parked alongside four other decrepit vehicles.

Here comes Grave Digger!

The crowd cheers as the monster truck enters the dirt track. Lulu adds her own voice to the cacophony as Grave Digger wheelies across the track, slamming into the side of the old Lincoln with its rear wheels. The truck jumps nearly vertically into the air, but what goes up must eventually come back down…

The Lincoln doesn’t stand a chance; seconds later the five-ton monster truck slams down on top of it, flattening it. It’s a bittersweet moment for Lulu – her jalopy is now nothing more than a memory.

Comments ( 6 )

This is an entertaining little read. You can fix just about anything, but sometimes you’ve got to take a few steps back and question if it’s even really worth it.

Did you forget the chapter for the "Hero" ending? (Haven't read yet.)

Edit after reading: Can you explain more about the event rules, suggestions, and duration this was written under? It... seems to be lacking in "meat" for lack of a better word. Was the character pre-existing? Am I just not enough of a car-lover to appreciate this?

11851992

There was no 'hero' ending for this one. By the time this story was written we needed more chaos & villain endings to try and even things out. As for the rules, stories had to be between 500 and 1,500 words long. This was literally a last-minute call that more stories were needed to even out the numbers. These stories were designed to be read on app and the choices con attendees made influenced the events of the weekend (and determined the theme of this year's con). Some of these have more meat than others. This particular story is more of a cautionary tale urging readers not to make the same mistakes I've made when it comes to trying to repair a car that's too far gone (hence why there's no heroic ending with the car being restored to its former glory).

Lulu Luck is a character from the toyline. She was issued as both a blind bag and as a brushable She features in another story I've written (16), so I have a pre-existing mental image of the character, but this story isn't canon to that one.

The associated blog post goes into more details: https://www.fimfiction.net/blog/1035275/story-notes-vehicleallegedly

11852042
Your long description seemed to imply you were adding a "hero" ending? That was the only reason I even knew to mention such a thing.
Since it appears you are not, an edit to the long description might add clarity for future readers?

11852503
You are quite welcome!

Login or register to comment