• Published 1st Oct 2023
  • 427 Views, 10 Comments

A Single Night at Fluttershy’s - ArcadePonyFubuki



Lyra and Bon Bon take up a pet sitting job for Fluttershy while she’s away, it goes completely fine. Trust me.

  • ...
1
 10
 427

The Aforementioned Single Night

“Thanks for coming over, I don’t know what I’d do without you two.” Fluttershy smiled as she greeted her guests. “I’d usually just leave Angel in charge since he can be a bit.. abrasive, you could say, but he’s feeling a little under the weather. So I really appreciate you two taking the job.”

“No problem Fluttershy, your critters are in good hands!” Lyra beamed.

“Hooves.” Bon Bon whispered.

“Are in good hooves!”

“Thanks again. Oh! Before I forget, those four over there slipped out of their sleep schedule, so they’re mostly docile during the day, but they can get, um, quirky, at night.” Fluttershy explained as she pointed at a bear, rabbit, chicken, and fox sleeping together. “I hope they don’t give you too much trouble.”

“Don’t worry, we got this.” Lyra flashed a cocky grin.

“Oh my, look at the time. I must be going now, hope you have fun!”

“See ya Shy!” Lyra waved.

“Good luck saving the world again!” Bon Bon bid farewell.

“Y’know, when I moved to Ponyville I never took her for the ‘protecter of all that lives’ type.” Lyra thought aloud as she shut the front door.

“It can’t be healthy for her, do you see how stressed she is all the time?”

“Who doesn’t see it? Maybe after this pet sitting job I can be her official ‘epic adventurer understudy’. For when she’s not feeling up to it or something.”

“The day you become the element of kindness is the day I buy into all that ‘human’ stuff you’re spouting.”

“PRINCESS TWILIGHT LITERALLY MET THEM!”

_______________________________________________

“Alright, every last bunny, ferret and snake has been fed and tucked into- what the hell have you done.” Bon Bon asked in shock as she was greeted with mirrors and rope dangling from the bedroom ceiling.

“Oh? Could you be referring to my extremely elaborate system of mirrors that lets us check every room without even moving? That. Is what the hell I have done.”

“But.. why?”

“…cause I don’t wanna get out of this comfy bed..”

“When did you even have the time for this?”

“Stop asking questions I don’t have answers for and just enjoy my ingenuity.”

Bon Bon sighed and slipped into bed, ready to get some well deserved rest.

“…are you not gonna try it?”

“What? Try what?”

“My mirrors! Well, they’re Fluttershy’s mirrors, but y’know what I mean. Just pull one of the ropes and you can check any room.”

Bon Bon rolled her eyes and pulled a random rope, moving the mirror so that it now showed the hallway.

“This hurts my neck.”

“Well that sounds like a you thing, I frankly find it a delight to use.”

“Well good for you cause I won’t be, goodnight.” Bon Bon sighed as she set an alarm on the bedside clock for the morning.

“Wow, after I did all this for you.”

“I didn’t ask you to do this!”

“The best gifts are the ones you didn’t know you wanted!”

“I can confidently say that I know I don’t want this!”

“Well I- what was that.”

The distant echo of scraping wood filled the two mare’s ears.

“Bon Bon, the mirrors, check the living room.”

Bon Bon hesitantly pulled onto a nearby rope, turning the mirror until its reflection revealed a purple rabbit scratching at a wall.

“Oh my Celestia, it’s just a hungry bunny!” Bon Bon sighed. She got out of the bed and went for the door.

“Bon Bon! Where are you going?!”

“..to feed the rabbit?”

“Didn’t Fluttershy say he gets weird at night?”

“This is probably what she meant, just gotta give him some carrot slices or something and he goes back to bed. Easy.” Bon Bon said as she left the room.

Lyra watched on through the reflection of the dangling mirror, holding her breath at every step Bon Bon took.

“Heeeeey there little guy, does somebody need a wittle snacky?” Bon Bon cooed in her most ‘inviting’ voice as she held out a carrot to the rabbit.

The bunny twitched its nose and leaned into Bon Bon’s hoof.

“There we go, you just wanted a-AHHHHHHH” Bon Bon screeched as the bunny latched onto her face.

“OH MY CELESTIA WHAT THE- I- J-JUST WAIT IM COMING IM COMING!!” Lyra scrambled out of the bed and ran to Bon Bon’s aid. She galloped to the living room and activated her horn to pull the bunny off.

“LYRA GET THIS STUPID THING OFF ME!”

“I’M TRYING OK HE’S REALLY ON THERE”

Lyra eventually pulled the bunny off Bon Bon’s face and kept it floating long enough for both mares to escape back to the bedroom.

“What. The hell. Was his problem?”

“I bet he didn’t like the voice.”

_______________________________________________

“Ok, the red ropes are my mirror, the green ones are yours.” Lyra explained her newly installed second surveillance mirror.

“It is utterly ridiculous that it has come to this.”

“We need to keep eye on that hellspawn and his confidants at all times, unless you WANT to add more scars to your face.”

“I said don’t talk about it! Whatever, let’s just try to get through this alive.”

“Alright, you watch the bunny and I’ll watch the chicken.”

“What? Why are you watching the chicken? it’s just sleeping there.”

“Oh because it just disappeared.”

“WHAT?!”

“Yeah look the bear’s all alo-“

“HURRY AND FIND THE BIRD!”

“Ok! Jeez, tense much?”

“I don’t know if you noticed, but I am not having a very good night.”

“Look on the bright side, we could be pet sitting for Rarity.”

“Heh, you got that right. I don’t know how she handles that cat.”

“Maybe we should get a pet. What should we get? A fish? Maybe a pig, or even a-“

“CHICKEN!”

“What? Why would we get a-“

“No! The chicken is coming our way! Get rid of it!”

“Hey we don’t know if it’s as evil as that rabbit.”

“Are you kidding? Look at its dead, cold eyes.”

Lyra stared at the chicken’s reflection before its head suddenly snapped and stared back at her through the mirror.

“AHH! BON BON GET RID OF IT!” Lyra shrieked.

“Me?! What am I supposed to do?!”

“I don’t know! Just, like, yell at it or something!”

“What is that supposed to do? It’s just gonna get mad at me!”

“I’m sure it won’t this time, as long as you don’t do that weird voice.”

“I’ll have you know all the NORMAL animals in this house love that voice. Why don’t YOU do a voice, huh? Maybe these freaks will like YOURS.”

“Well maybe they will!” Lyra got out of bed and walked towards the chicken in the hallway.

“Hiya little chickey-chickey-choochoo!”

“Oh my goodness gracious.”

“Are you a wittle cwankey cwause youw wwo- ack! Ugh, too much spit in that one.”

”Please just stop.”

“No! I am soothing the beast.”

“You’re scaring the poor thing.” Bon Bon said as she also got out of bed.

“Well after what it’s bunny pal did to us-“

“us?”

“-I think it’s justified.”

“Well I think we should be trying to befriend them instead of combat them. Now watch as I employ friendship techniques that would make even the princess herself jealous! Now, hello there little chi- it’s fucking gone again.”

“Oh for the love of- can’t we just leave!?”

“No! We are good friends! We are good ponies! We promised Fluttershy! And we will notAHH ITS RIGHT BEHIND YOU!”

Lyra whipped her head around and found the chicken jumping off the wall at her.

“I really should’ve seen this comi-“

_______________________________________________

“So this is the plan now?” Bon Bon questioned.

“What? I like it here.”

“You would.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

“It’s supposed to mean that you would like being in a dark, cramped, dusty old closet because it was your idea to BE HERE!”

“It’s better than being out there! What good has come from being in enemy lines? I mean, besides our totes cute matching scars.”

“You’re right, they are totes cute. But still! Are we really gonna get outplayed by rodents?”

“To be fair, we’re technically in their house.”

“There’s gotta be something we can do!”

“Like move to Manehatten?”

“Little less extreme.”

“Go back to bed?”

“Little more extreme.”

“Equip makeshift weapons and fight back without causing any major harm?”

“…yeah sure that works for me.”

_______________________________________________

“Ok, on three. One, two.. THREE!” Lyra burst out of the closet wielding a broom and wearing a bucket.

“Is anycritter out there Lyra?” Bon Bon asked, armed with carpet cleaner and a toilet brush.

“Doesn’t look like it, but we know how tricky these buggers can be..”

The mares walked back to back as they advanced to the living room, where every animal was sleeping soundly.

“Wait! Do you hear that?” Bon Bon whispered.

A slow scratching echoed out through the room. Bon Bon scanned through the darkness until she spotted movement from a silhouetted figure.

“B-b-ba-back th-there.. s-something’s moving..” Bon Bon warned Lyra in a panicked whisper.

“Ok, let’s try to not make any movement. Maybe it’ll ignore us.”

The two stood absolutely still, not even letting a single breath escape. The small white eyes of the shadowy figure stared back.

“This isn’t working, I think it sees us more than it did before.” Bon Bon whispered through gritted teeth.

“Ok, I’m gonna try something.” Lyra carefully placed a hoof forward and promptly slipped on a blanket on the floor, crashing her face into the floor. “For the record, that’s not what I was trying to do.”

The figure lunged from the shadows and made a mad dash for Lyra.

“Holy shIT THATS A FOX THATS AN ACTUAL DANGEROUS ANIMAL BON BON ITS A FOX!!” Lyra screamed as she held her broom in front of her. The fox jumped on her and attempted to bite through the broom handle.

“GET OFF GET OFF GET OFF GET OFF” Bon Bon repeatedly smacked the fox with her toilet brush.

As Lyra and Bon Bon continued battling the fox, a deep grumbling slowly rose to prominence. Suddenly, a series of booming footsteps shook the house. Both the mares and the fox paused their fight in fear. The steps grew closer and closer until Bon Bon felt a harsh breathing behind her. She reached her hoof back and felt a pillowy patch of hair.

“Dad?”

She turned her head up and met face to face with the eight foot grizzly bear standing before her.

“…….HEYTHINKFAST!” Lyra picked up the fox and tossed it at the grizzly, throwing them into a panic. Bon Bon took the opportunity to slip away from the commotion.

“This is getting out of control! Fluttershy really expects us to this for four more days?!” Bon Bon said.

“We just gotta get out of here! Forget being good ponies!”

“How the hell do we get past those freaks!? They’re blocking the door!”

“Um uhhhh why don’t weeeee tryyy.. blending in??” Lyra shrugged.

“Uhhh, yeah, yeah yeah I think that’ll work, I think, maybe.”

“Ok, ok ok, let’s find like some, toys or something and.. and wear their fur, or something??”

“Ok, yeah, that’s the plan. Good! We’re good at this. We shou-“ Bon Bon paused as a wing suddenly wrapped around her throat.

“I uh.. I found the other two.” Lyra said, a fuzzy bunny arm around her neck.

The grizzly stomped towards the two, dragging the fox in its hand and red in its eyes.

“Well Bon Bon, looks like it’s the end of the road. I just want you to know, you’re the only pony I’d want to be horribly maimed by a gang of woodland animals with.”

“Lyra.. that is the most beautiful thing anypony has ever said to me. It almost makes our inevitable doom less terrifying.”

The two leaned together and closed their eyes, anticipating their shared final moment. The bear leaned down with its mouth agape, Lyra feeling its breath waft over her.

“…Are we… are we dead yet?” Lyra opened one eye. The bear was simply standing over her, a blank expression on its face. The rabbit and chicken also seemingly frozen.

“Hey Bon Bon, they aren’t killing us for some reason.” Lyra whispered.

Bon Bon opened her eyes, observing the same oddities that Lyra saw.

“What’s going on? Are they messing with us?” Bon Bon asked.

“I don’t know, their lack of expression tells a million possible stories but also keeps a level of vagueness that creates a terrifying uncanny feeling.”

“Uhh.. y-yeah I was thinking the same thing, actually.”

As the two sat in silence a distant sound caught their attention.

“Wait, what’s that ringing?” Lyra asked.

“It’s coming from the bedroom.. I think it’s the alarm I set when we went to bed!” Bon Bon theorized.

“Is that what’s throwing them off?”

“It must be, right?”

“Bon Bon you beautiful mare you just saved our flanks! Now let’s get the hell out of here!”

“Wait! Should we care for the morning animals first?”

The two stared at each other for a second, before bursting into laughter.

“Yeah right!” They said in unison.

They happily trotted out the door and followed the cobblestone path back to Ponyville.

“Oh! I have an idea.” Lyra said as she approached a group of ponies. “Heya you three, I have a super cool job for you. How do you feel about watching Fluttershy’s animals for the week?”

“Watching Ms. Fluttershy’s animals? Why didn’t we think of that?!”

“Let’s do it!”

“We’re gonna be the kings of watching those critters!”

“CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS ANIMAL CAREGIVERS! YAY!!”

Author's Note:

Can you believe there’s already a story on here called “One Night at Fluttershy’s”? I mean fair game they got to it first but cmon! that would’ve been the perfect title! And it’s not like an unseen story with 15 likes either, it’s got some respectable numbers behind it and like whole ass readings. people would have NOTICED if I used the same title. And I had this drafted for months and like 3 weeks ago I find out the title’s taken so now I gotta use this goofball title I spat out in four seconds. Anyway thanks for reading I think

Comments ( 10 )

I don't care HOW old I get: slap-stick Comedy with the occasional gratuitous swearing thrown is never not funny!

The animatronic characters here do get a bit "quirky" at night.

11710841
If I was forced to cast those same stupid spells for 20 years and I never got a bath? I'd probably be a bit irritable at night too.

No! Not the Crusaders! What if they get hurt or worse! Lyra and Bon Bon! I hope you get serious bad karma for this!

Fantastic story by the way! Gets my seal of approval!

getting forcefully stuffed in a bear suit but it's actually a bear

Their dialogue is hilarious! Gave me some hearty chuckles. The only problem I ran into is that in the longer back and forth dialogues, I found it easy to lose track of which character was speaking.

That was a good story.

11710936
The animatronics probably won't recognise you as a pony. They'll most likely see you as a changeling without it's disguise on and will forcefully stuff you inside a empty suit.

11712664
Now, that wouldn't sound so bad... if the suits themselves weren't filled with cupcakes, streamers, and other pony devices, especially around the facial area. So I'm sure you could imagine how having your head forcefully pressed inside one of those could cause a bit of... discomfort... and death.

11712705
Uh the only parts of you that would likely see the light of day again would be your eyeballs and teeth when they pop out of the front of the mask. Yeah they don't tell you these things when you sign up. Hey first day should be a breeze i'll chat with you tommorow. Uh check those cameras and remember to close the doors only if absolutely necessary. Gotta conserve power alright goodnight. (phone hangs up)

Login or register to comment