• Published 9th Aug 2023
  • 473 Views, 27 Comments

CYOA: The Athlete - Forward Slash



A classic CYOA with Rainbow Dash acting as the love interest of this story.

  • ...
 27
 473

Hammer It.

Reeling back, you conjure up all the memories of the various scales you were forced to play, thanking your old teacher for pushing you to your limit.

Letting loose on the strings, the new set of notes you were producing seemed to shock your bandmates, but it quickly turned to enjoyment and surprise once the melodies they were hearing ran parallel to their own music.

You can feel the band's gaze on your two rapidly-moving appendages as you continued; goosebumps started to roll over your skin as all those hours of practice finally paid off.

Leaning back, you close your eyes and concentrate. Your mind tells you that you're just back in your bedroom, running through it on your own. No one to judge you, no criticism heading your way.

Just the music flowing from your body.
Just pure bliss...

Your fingers started to sting a bit as you hit the tail end of the solo. The string had left an indent in your fingers, making it slightly harder to play, but you soldiered on nonetheless.

Coming back around from your daydream, you open your eyes to see Timber with a mixed expression shocked and pleased. You seem to have exceeded his expectations, that's for sure.

Soon after that, the song came to a close, Letting both you, your fingers, and the rest of the band have a break.

Re-attaching the microphone to its stand, Timber opened his mouth to say something, before his attention was caught by something behind you. You watched as he moved his gaze to the doorway behind you, the previously mentioned look of pride morphing into one of confusion. The rest of the band seemed to notice it as well.

Now wearing a confused face yourself, you crane your neck to see what had caught your new friend's attention.

Apparently, you had forgotten to properly close the door behind you when you entered, because there were now roughly 12 shades of colour standing in the doorframe, all with impatient looks on their faces.

Looks like you've been found out.

Onwards...
...Sometime in the future.

Author's Note:

well isn't this fun!

- FS

(17/08/23)

Comments ( 2 )

Looks like not much changed.

Haha! it is me, the one

Login or register to comment