• Published 23rd Jul 2023
  • 456 Views, 2 Comments

Zipp Phase - Dreadwin



After receiving a thoughtful gift from Izzy, the royal sisters Zipp and Pipp end up in a strange abandoned city. How did they get there!?

  • ...
 2
 456

Past

Zipp and Pipp couldn’t believe what they were seeing with their own eyes. But as they were trying to get a foothold on what was going on, a flock of pegasi young and old flew straight into them. They flew right out of the theater the sisters were standing in front of. Zipp and Pipp shot up right above the crowd and looked at each other with fear. “Where did all these ponies come from?!” Asked Pipp pointing both of her front hooves to a built up crowd.


Zipp scrunched her nose up in frustration. She didn’t want to think what she was thinking but there was no other explanation. “Ok Pipp, this might sound a little out there… but what if we traveled back through time?” Zipp said with hesitation knowing her sister would just call her insane. Pipp gave Zipp a wide eyed crazy look then bursted out into tears. Zipp’s mouth dropped as she couldn’t believe the reaction. “How can you joke like that!” Screamed Pipp “Look at how damaged i am right now!” Zipp flew up to her sister and gave her a hug. “Lets just get out of here sis, then we can figure this all out.”


The sisters flew down to an empty section on the main road of Cloudsdale. The asphalt road and cloud buildings were now full of pegasi flying and trotting around the clouds. Zipp and Pipp tried to recoil themselves as they started to glide away from the crowded street. “Ok Pipp, so we are in Cloudsdale right and we just saw who we can assume to be Rainbow Dash.” Zipp started to monologue the situation to her sister, but her sister was barely paying attention almost as if her mind had disappeared into a black hole. “I can only conclude that we have to be in some time after what the Zephyr Hights historical records call the “Best Young Flyer” competition” Zipp continued monologuing. Pipp smashed her hooves on Zipps face “Will you shut up! i don’t care how we got here, i just wanna get home!” Pipp hyperventilated.


Zipp wiped Pipp’s hooves off of her eyes and whispered to her “Ok, i know you are scared, but we have to first find out how this happened before we do anything drastic.” Pipp finally calmed down a tiny bit and started to smile again. The two sisters started flying trough Cloudsdale trying to find a way to the land below the clouds. They stopped short though when they came across something that freaked them out to the core. “No way!” Zipp and Pipp unanimously said to each other. They were staring at a gigantic multi floor building with smoke stacks and hundreds of pipes full of liquified rainbows. “Is…that the… Rainbow Factory!?” Screamed Pipp with a burst of joy. Zipp could only stare at the magnificent factory with her widened eyes. “Come on Zipp! Lets get a closer look” Said Pipp grabbing her sister’s wrist and dragging her closer to the factory.


Zipp and Pipp could not enter the factory though as the gates, despite being made of clouds, had a magic barrier which kept the factory closed tight. “Hey Zipp” Pipp started to ask “Remember that horror movie about this place where little fillies were murdered in order to be turned into rainbows?” “Oh yeah” Zipp responded “What was the tag line?…”where your fears and horrors come true”…man that movie gave me many sleepless nights!” Zipp and Pipp stared at the factory one last time then decided to continue on to find some exit out of this city.


They finally got back to the runway entrance they started at before the rainboom. Zipp and Pipp landed at the edge of the road peering down to the green and brown land below. “You know Pipp, I’m betting that Ponyville is just south of this city!” Zipp said pointing a hoof downward below the clouds. Pipp scratched behind her ear “How would you know anything about… Ponyville?” Zipp gave a muted stare at Pipp and said “Sunny taught me all bout it, she said its where princess Twilight Sparkle’s castle used to stand”


Pipp sidestepped towards her sister. Zipp gave her a look of confusion as Pipp smiled at her with confidence “Lets good there!” Pipp said wrapping her front leg around Zipps neck. “Whoa, where did this confidence come from” asked Zipp. Pipp gave a sly smile and said “I desperately want to get out of this… place? So if you have a plan, I’m trusting you to lead the way.” Pipp then out of nowhere pushed Zipp straight off of the edge of the road into the sky below. “Piiiiiiiiipp!” Zipp screamed almost falling, until she unfurled her wings remembering she had them. Pipp jumped off the edge too and they both flew down to the land below.


Two hours later they reached the small farm town Ponyville. Ponyville was a town made up of pale and brown stable like homes and shops encircling a three story tower of the same design that enclosed the town hall. There were mostly earth ponies trotting around the town but you could also see some unicorns and even flying pegasi. “Ok, so where would this princess of friendship be?” Pipp asked scanning the town for directions. “Sunny says there should be a crystal castle in the shape of a tree at the edge of this town” Zipp said while also looking around. They could not actually see any kind of castle despite how gigantic it would be compared to the small town. Zipp flew straight up in the air to hover over the town hall in order to get a way better view. Zipp then bolted back down next to her sister startling her in the process. Pipp put her hoof on her chest and asked “Did you find the thing?!” Zipp just shook her head.


Zipp then remembered something Sunny also taught her. “Wait! There might be a library!” Zipp yelled grabbing and shaking her sister by the shoulders. “Library? I thought we were looking for a castle.” Pipp said shoving Zipp off of her. “Sunny told be that before the castle was put up, Ponyville had a library in the shape of a tree!” Zipp exclaimed with hopeful excitement. Zipp then flew straight up into the sky again then almost immediately came right back down. “Follow me” Zipp said to Pipp before trotting away. Pipp rolled her eyes and reluctantly followed.


Not a moment sooner they reached the Library Zipp mentioned. It was a massive tree almost the same size as the town hall. It had green leaves on its roof and was covered head to toe in windows all over its brown trunk. The only entrance was one pink oval door at the bottom. Zipp and Pipp entered at once into a circular wall filled with nothing but bookshelves that touched the roof. Those bookshelves were filled with almost every book written by ponykind. Just as they entered a light purple unicorn mare with a short but straight mane came walking down a stairwell to the left. “Welcome to the golden Oak Library, are you Two new here?” The unicorn asked with a sophisticated voice “My name is Twilight Sparkle, what can i help you two mares with?!” All Zipp and Pipp did was an instinctual bow believing that they have come across the princess of friendship.

Comments ( 1 )

Well, seeing as you've chosen to completely ignore my basic advice to improve your writing, I'm afraid I must give this story a downvote (as much as I'd rather not, as the concept does still intrigue me). I really do want to help you become a better writer, but the complete lack of response here isn't really giving me much confidence. I'll take back that downvote once you've made the simple series of corrections that'll make this whole story much easier to read, but for now... I just have to be honest with what I'm seeing...

Login or register to comment