• ...
 9
 192

Chapter 13: Militia

August 23, 1950 | 4:57 am | cold and dry
Practically the first day behind enemy lines, I was cleaning my weapon, Dash was together with Pinkie separating some ammunition, the night before we decided that we would invade the previously mentioned place at that time, Frank made some jokes, and soon after he said that would prepare, but I ignored:

“How are we going to invade the place?” Snow asked.

“We'll be stealthy, but it'll be easy!” Dash exclaimed.

“Ahh, it's been a while since I've done that…” Frank said.

“It's not always an easy task, Minister.” I warned her.

“True...but I think we'll do just fine!” she said.

“Well...we'll do it like this, Master, Snow and Rainbow, we'll invade the place with the C-42 suit, Derpy and Flash stay in ambush along with Frank, Blow and Pinkie stays here.” I instruct.

“Right!” Dash stated.

“What armament?” Master asked.

“Welrods.” I answered.

We left with Flash's van, we were already dressed in the C-42 suit, which was completely black and came with the built-in balaclava, there was a barbed weapon around the outpost, as expected, but for some reason there were still gaps, it would be easy invading, Flash took advantage of a speed bump nearby to slow down. With that, we got out of the van and lay down in the bushes:

“When we are leaving I will make a bird sound as a signal, stay close!” I exclaimed.

“Good luck.” Flash said.

We started to go towards the place crouched down, only at that moment did we realize that we should have provided white clothes, to disguise the snow, but it was too late, we would have to deal with our carelessness about it, Dash, in turn, looked like a a little too relaxed, but I didn't care much, Snow looked more serious, and Master, was neutral, as he was disguised as a candle seller during the day, he could hear anyone's conversations, inside the store, what a simple seller could do bad?

We went through the wires and went crouching down, the first thing we came across was a 5-story building, just ahead, there was a pole with a rope, probably to torture people, right next to it, a chemical toilet, there was also a garage on site:

“Let's go to the garage first!” I said.

We walked to the garage, there were only vehicles, nothing much, so, we advanced to the 5-story building, we went to the part facing the fence and I looked at the window, there were some conventional soldiers, I looked at another window, there was everything empty, I signaled for the window to be opened, Snow took his knife and forced it on the window, opening it. We enter the room and begin to rummage around.

The room appeared to be just a storeroom, with some grenades, guns and such, we weren't going to loot, not to make any noise, after a few minutes, we found nothing, Dash went to the door to peek, and she signaled that everything was clear, we moved on , I put my ear to the door that was in the room next door we were in before, it seemed that they were saying something about how to control the actions of people from Irktrotsky, show who is in charge, it seems that the Intelligence data was right, Irktrotsky had some traces of rebelliousness, it was the perfect city to draw attention, we just needed the help of the militias and factions, we just needed the right contacts that would be the challenge.

After 50 minutes, we finished examining the whole place, and we went back to the house that Flash had bought, a few hours passed and Rainbow, Pinkie and Master left, I was smoking a cigarette, while they were out:

“Sir?” Snow said.

“Yes?” I asked.

“What is your... rivalry with Death Scan?” she asked.

“Rivalry? We have no rivalry, we have matters to catch up on…” I replied.

“How so?” she asked.

“It's a long story, but this is not the time to talk about it.” I said.

“Who is Death Scan?” Derpy asked.

“He is a Germaneighian who fought in the War, commanded Intelligence operations and was very close to Aryanne.” Flash replied.

“Guys, you need to see this!” Crow exclaimed.

“What?” Blow asked.

“The newspaper is saying that there is a conflict going on between us and them, and that we dropped an atomic bomb yesterday!” Crow said.

“But there was no war actually declared, and we didn't even give orders for that to happen!” I found it strange.

“What else are you saying?” Snow asked.

“That THEY are looking for more diplomatic ways for this conflict to end, and that if it doesn't happen, they will pay back.” Crow said, stunned.

“Do we attack them?” Derpy asked.

“No, Derpy, we didn't.” I replied.

“Do they want to find an excuse to attack us?” Snow said.

“Is what it seems.” I said.

“I don't know if I can get too involved in this, Ezpassionia is allied with both countries!” Flash informed.

“They must be scared of us, since some spies don't come home.” I theorized.

“I prefer to believe your theory.” Snow said, in a worried tone.

“I hope I'm right…” I said.

“Wait a moment, mate...give me the newspaper, please…” Frank said, receiving the newspaper.

“Here it is.” Crow said.

“Jack and Eduard…they captured the bombs…but they didn't detonate…” Frank said.

“How so?” I found it strange.

“Some Staliongradis and even Germaneighians newspapers reported on the disappearance of soldiers in the Atlantic Ocean, and one of them had a bomb used in the First World War.” Frank said.

“10th century bombs?” I said.

“Mustard bombs, one bomb like that could kill an entire Ponyville, for me to be more clear, I'll tell you a little story while I was in Staliongrad...” Frank said.

Frank started to tell the story of when he was in Stalliongrad earlier, he had heard the story of 2 Revengers saying that ships that were being sent to Equestria were shot down, he followed them and killed them, then, he handed me a paper that was written in German:

If they look for the spies, I want them alive and they will be interrogated in Crelig until I get the necessary information. If they do not respond, it will be death! - Baluf Grad

“Baluf...didn't they burn his body after he was presumed dead from drowning?” I said.

“I was surprised, and scared...being a Germaneighian, I find it hard for him to be alive...and that BASTARD was Aryanne's favorite” said Frank.

“Drowning is hard to fake, but when the body is burned it could be anyone's.” Snow reminded all of us.

“I believe he faked his own death, to try to escape the Stalliongradians in the Second War…” Frank said.

“It's quite possible that was it.” I said.

“To this day I regret having fought in the Second War…several lost generations…” Frank said, with a tone of regret.

They were all looking askance at him:

“Don't even look at me like that... I'm sure you've done shit in your life…” Frank said.

“Tsk, there is something I did and not even the Minister herself knows.” I said.

Then Pinkie appeared:


“Guys, we found a possible militia woman, she was hooded and attacked a policeman, he has no weapon now!” Pinkie exclaimed.

“How so?” I asked.

“We need to talk to her, she could be the missing icing on the cake!” Pinkie said.

“Let's go after her!” I said.

“What if they recognize you?” Snow said.

“Hope I don't get recognized!” I exclaimed, as I put a fake beard on my face.

We left following Pinkie, she indicated the place where the policeman was robbed, we found a piece of a blanket blanket on a fence, according to Pinkie, that was the same color as the blanket of the girl who ran away, we followed it, but nothing, we decided to wait for nightfall , when everyone was free, Rainbow had gotten a note that was in the pocket of the girl who robbed the policeman, it looked like it was a recipe for bread, but why a recipe for bread? What did that mean?

“A bakery?” Master suggested.

“I thought every bakery knew how to make bread, that makes no sense!” I said, incredulous.

“No, bakery, this is a meeting place!” Master said.

“So the militia woman was a baker?” Snow wondered.

“No matter what she works with, let's go to the bakery in town!” Master said.

“Is there only one bakery in the whole town?” I asked.

“Yes.” Flash answered.

“I should have guessed…” I said.

“I can see this is going to go to shit... let's do the following, you arrive at the bakery, then I'll stay at a distance watching everything from the outside, if an enemy or something comes in, we communicate on the long-frequency radio …” Frank suggested.

“Can I stand guard too?” Derpy asked.

“Radio is only in extreme cases, we better use bird sounds and stuff like that!” I said.

“It wouldn't make any sense for a bird to sound in an icy place like this…we can use morse code with a few taps.” Frank suggested.

“It serves.” I answered.

So, we went to the bakery, we crashed a few meters away, so as not to arouse suspicion, I stayed with Pinkie in the bushes, Flash, Frank, Rainbow and Derpy stayed in the van, the rest stayed at home:

“So, did you see anything?” I asked to Pinkie.

“Nothing yet, have you seen her? Because I didn't see it. When will she arrive?” Pinkie asked.

“I don't know...but we must keep silent!” I said.

Hours of waiting passed, and nothing, just an ordinary civilian, Frank warned in morse code using the radio, we lost time, so I signaled in morse code to abort the mission, saying that she would not come, and that she might know something.

“Did you find anything there?” Frank asked.

“Nothing.” I replied.

“It wasn't this time.” Flash said.

August 24, 50 | 3:34 pm | cold and wet
Frank was doing push-ups, this time it was just me, him, Crow and Derpy, Crow was playing solitaire and Derpy…was standing in the same place without moving, Flash decided to go around looking for someone who seemed to be from some militia, Pinkie , Rainbow and Snow, went to investigate:

“Fucking cold! Even the push-ups aren't working, holy shit!” Frank complained.

“I can't stand to stay here anymore...but I can't risk going out on the street and being recognized.” I said.

“What if they don't know what you look like?” Crow asked.

“Do you really think the Death Scan wouldn't alert Stalliongrad to my appearance?” I said.

“That... is actually a good point.” Crow said.

“But...maybe they won't recognize me with the fake beard I wore yesterday, although no one suspected me with the beard...apart from the fact that no policeman was there last night…” I said.

“Just testing to find out.” Crow said.

“We'd better give it some time before testing it out, after causing a stir around here we're off to Trottingham.” I spoke.

“When are we going to get in touch with a local gang or militia?” Crow asked.

“Let's try it with the girl Pinkie saw earlier, then we'll expand!” I replied.

“If trailers were legal here in Stalliongrad, it would be easier to set up a Mobile Operations Center.” Crow said. “Why don't you talk about your relationship with Death Scan?”

“It's not the time for that…” I said.

A few hours passed and everyone was back in the house, and Flash had something that he said we would love:

“So I got a date with some sort of local gang!” Flash exclaimed.

“Speak more!” I said.

“They don't wear anything but AKs and Tokarevs, they said it was for 2 people max to go to the bakery we went to last night.” Flash informed.

“Wait, do they know we went there last night?” I questioned.

“It looks like a trap!” Dash said.

“Yes, they knew we went there, so they didn't do what they were going to do!” Flash said.

“I hope I don't regret it…” I said.

“I'll go with you!” Pinkie said.

“Right!” I stated.

“What time?” Pinkie asked.

“11:40 pm.” Flash said.

“And the rest?” Frank asked.

“How so?” Flash asked.

“Is everyone going then? Only if I'm going to help you from a long distance, using an SKS.” Frank said.

“Crow and Master stay here, the rest go to backup!” Dash said.

“It's 9:34 pm, there's still time for everyone to get ready!” I said.

“Is the place where you are covered with hills? If so, I'll prepare my camouflage outfit.” Frank asked, and continued. “There are plants here that you can hide in the environment and you can attack enemies by surprise.”

“It's the same place we went yesterday.” Flash replied.

Everyone went to get ready to go to the place, I put on my fake beard and looked at myself in the mirror, I really was unrecognizable, maybe not even Death Scan itself would suspect it was me, despite my size, I put my light vest under my shirt, this would bother me a little, but nothing I couldn't bear, I put on a soviet hat and put on my jacket, after putting on my shoulder holster, I left it strategically positioned to hide it from anyone who saw me, Pinkie, had left her vest under the cold blouse, but she wasn't going to use her holster, nor the revolver, but her Welrod, the others, just put the Scout's outfits, it was made of tactel too, but it didn't come with the balaclava directly on the costume, it was a kind of faded and dark beige, the balaclava, it was already totally black.

11:35 pm | blizzard
We arrived 5 minutes early, Flash left everyone in their positions, Frank stayed with Derpy in an abandoned building across the street, Dash and Snow were in a tree and a bush respectively, Blow stayed with Flash in the van, Pinkie and I stayed in the in front of the bakery, waiting for the meeting, I looked at the clock, waiting for the meeting, 2 cars had passed on the street since we arrived, I looked at both sides of the street, there was nothing, I started to feel hopeless:

“I don't think it will happen again…” I said.

“We need to try, otherwise, we won't get help to make a diversion here, and without the diversion, we won't go to Trottingham, and if we don't go there, then it will be in vain…” Pinkie said.

“Right…” I said, looking at my watch, it was 11:38 pm, and no sign of the gang.

When 11:40 hit, I heard the sound of an approaching car, before I could lift my head, I was pulled into a van and my face was covered, the same thing happened to Pinkie, they tied our hands it was a trap, and Flash fell, we were dead.

A few minutes later they took us out of the van, I could see beams of light through the bag over my head, one false move and we were dead, they were leading us somewhere, we went through a narrow place, which appeared to be an alley, then we went up a staircase, I could hear the conversations of the people around us, they were talking about us, some even betting that one of us would be killed, after a long walk, I finally heard someone say:

“Who are you?” questioned a female voice.

“We are... from another place!” Pinkie replied.

“Wrong answer!” exclaimed the female voice, right after that, we received a blow to the belly.

“We are from Equestria.” I admitted.

“They're a long way from home, are they from some gang over there?” said the female voice.

“I'm in the army there... and she's a Minister.” I informed the girl.

“What does a military man and a Minister do around here? As far as I know, Stalliongrad went to war with you after your offensive.” she said.

“We are not at war, this is nothing but a farce!” I replied.

“Get the bags off!” ordered the girl.

Finally we could see the girl, she was wearing a blanket, it was the same color as the piece of cloth we found on the fence the day before, she had white skin, dark water green eyes and black and white hair, she was sitting in an armchair , but must have been around 1.64 tall, we were in a room with windows covered by curtains, the girl was among 4 people carrying AKs without stock, their faces were covered by tactical scarves, the clothes were ordinary, blouses and pants for the cold:

“My name is Spray Point.” the girl introduced herself.

“Sniperplayer Mount.” I introduced myself.

“Pinkie Pie.” Pinkie said.

“What were they doing in front of the bakery yesterday?” Spray asked.

“We wanted to find militias to help us.” I replied.

“Help for what, Sniperplayer Mount?” Spray questioned, so she said. “Or rather...Pinkie Pie, you who are superior to the military.”

“Erh...w-we...it's just…“ Pinkie looked nervous.

“We know you assaulted a police officer and stole his gun, and we have a proposed temporary alliance.” I replied at once.

“‘The enemy of your enemy is your friend’...how can I guarantee that we won't be betrayed?” Spray asked.

“Blood pact!” I replied.

“Tsk, it seems your politicians suck at diplomacy…” Spray said.

“We just want to draw attention away from Trottingham's military so we don't have as much trouble stealing information.” I said to Spray.

“Draw attention? Sorry to inform you, soldier, but there is no way to do this.” Spray said.

“Perfect…” I said, ironically.

“But... I will help you with one condition!” she said.

“What would it be?” I asked.

“The truth, I want to know the names of your companions, what you have and I want more powerful weapons, tanks, jets and…” Spray started to speak.

“I'm sorry, but we can't hand over our armored vehicles.” I informed her.

“And did I say it had to be your armor?” she said.

“Now I get it.” I said.

“Yeah, soldier, by the way, we want military training for the rest of the staff, we don't know so much about war tactics…” Spray said.

“We have a deal?” Pinkie asked.

“Yes...Minister, we have a deal!” Spray exclaimed.

“So are you going to release us?“ I asked.

“After we're done talking...get up and come with me!” Spray ordered.

We got up and started walking, we went down the stairs, we were on the top floor of a house, the place we were was a housing project, there were some militia members staring at me and Pinkie, we were strangers far from home:

“It wasn't always like this...I mean, Stalliongrad was always on the rocks, but with Break Tower in power...it just made things worse.” Spray said.

“I never really knew about Stalliongrad until I came here.” I said.

“We live with hunger and with almost nothing to survive, sometimes we have to steal food to feed our families.” she informed.

“You have family?” Pinkie asked

“Not really, I'm just here for those who helped me throughout my life, when I was a kid, I learned to blackmail, then to steal without being seen, then it escalated to stealing weapons and ammunition.” Spray said.

“When I was in the war I used to sabotage enemy supplies, it never crossed my mind about looting.” I spoke.

“Did you fight in the war?” she asked.

“Yes.” I answered.

“When I was 8 years old, I was forced to be a nurse, then a markswoman, they said that if I didn't do what they asked, they would kill my parents, they killed them anyway…” Spray said, trying to keep a cool posture.

“That's how war works, girl…” I said.

“I'm relying on you to help us, my people have suffered a lot for years, if it weren't for me, this place would continue to suffer at the hands of that bastard…” Spray said.

“Speaking of which... what do you know about him Generals and administrative staff?” I asked.

“He has several Generals, but there are few that go public, Steam Colt, Rock Broke, Death Scan, Bloody Frick, only these I remember being made public, already the administrative team, nobody knows.” Spray informed.

“For this I did not expect.” I spoke.

“The Door-Knockers have arrived!” exclaimed one of the militia members.

“‘Door-Knocker’?” I questioned.

“It's the police, hide!” Spray replied, running to the house from which we left.

Pinkie and I followed her, we stayed hidden upstairs, taking a peek through the window, there were 6 policemen there, they were looking at the windows of the houses, they even knocked on the door of some, they were always answered, until they weren't answered in one of the houses, they knocked 2 more times, and then, they shot the door lock, they invaded and took the whole family out of there, I looked at the roof of the houses on the opposite side of that one, a person was walking on the roofs and then came down when was close to where we were, Spray went down and then up:

“What there was? Are they looking for someone, are they looking for us? What they want?” Pinkie asked.

“We don't know why they are here, but there are many, only 6 went up because they think we would open fire before.” Spray replied.

“Did you set us up?” I questioned, irritated.

“What?” Spray said.

“The situation is actually funny, we took a tour in handcuffs, the police showed up here...they know there are spies here, right?” I asked her.

“What the fuck are you talking about? We didn't know they would come here!” Spray said.

“So let us go, trust is a two-way street, let us go and give us back our weapons!” I ordered.

“I want a guarantee that you won't betray us!” Spray exclaimed back.

“Blood Pact!” I said, stretching out my hand.

To be continued!!!

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment