• ...
 9
 192

Chapter 11 - Early Travel

We lay in her bed looking at the ceiling, while we shared the same tea, the 2 of us were only wearing pants:

“Wow... the last time I did that was in 40…” I said.

“My second time...the first time I was drunk, but I wasn't in the military yet.” she said, then asking. “If I may ask, who did you have sex with for the first time?”

“Meer Kreide, she was Germaneighian, I was walking through a small town and I saw her, we started talking, we walked around and arrived at her house, she helped me with a back injury and...we let it go.” I replied.

“What happened to her?” she asked.

“I prefer not to comment…” I replied.

“I'm sorry…” she said.

“I think…we shouldn't have done that…I mean, we were co-workers before, and now we're friends, we escalated a little bit more…” I said.

“…” she had no reaction.

“Sorry, I can't... I still…” I started to speak.

“You didn't get over it, I know, you should have spoken before…” she said.

“I'm sorry, but it's complicated.” I said.

“All right, good night.” she said, a little sadly.

“Good night... and don't let anyone know that we…” I said.

“Relax, this will just stay between us!” she exclaimed.

“Roger that, ma'am!” I exclaimed, as I put my shirt back on to get in the car and head home.

I kept thinking if I had done it right or not, really, we started getting closer just at that time and became friends, my intention was never to go to bed with her. I rolled down the car window and lit a cigarette, remembering Meer, the moments we spent together, I really couldn't get over her death, and I was afraid of loving someone again and seeing that person dead, it was supposed to be me in her place, she was innocent, and I was a military man, I was made to protect anyone even if it cost my life.
On a certain stretch of road, on a bridge, I rubbed my eyes and when I opened them, I just saw high beams in my face and they hit my car, and I fell off the bridge, blacking out with the impact of the car.

August 21, 1950, 2 days to start the attack | 8:21 am | cold and dry.
I woke up in the hospital, with a headache, I was apparently normal, then a doctor came into my room.

“What happened?” I asked confused.

“You were in a car accident and suffered a first-degree shoulder injury.” answered the doctor.

“What does that mean?” I asked.

“You may feel pain when you move your shoulder.” he replied.

“Right…” I said.

“For guarantee you will have to stay here for 2 days.” said the doctor.

He left the room, and a while passed, and Rainbow Dash entered the room:

“How are you?” she asked.

“I think I'm fine…” I replied to her.

“They say you fell off the bridge.” she said.

“It was just an accident, but I don't feel any pain.” I said.

“It seems that the attacks have already started in a ‘small’ way, but it will be massive in 2 days.” she theorized.

“That's what it looks like...are the computers ready?” I asked.

“Of course, sugacube!” AppleJack replied, entering the room.

“We're going to ask them to stand guard here at the hospital.” Dash said.

“In fact, I'm on my way out!” I exclaimed, getting up from the bed.

“Are you sure?” Dash asked.

“The fall was bad.” AppleJack added.

“That won't stop me from getting out of here…” I said, getting up.

My legs were a little wobbly, but I still made my way to the secretary:

“I want to be discharged!” I exclaimed.

“But you have to stay 2 more days here.” answered the secretary.

“I want the liability protocol, then!” I said.

“Right, here it is…” she said, placing the paper to be signed.

I signed the protocol and went to get my things, then left the hospital with Dash and AppleJack, went straight to the Pentagon, and sat in my office, reading reports that I should have read earlier, there was no big deal, then Fluttershy showed up in my office:

“Erh...good morning.” she greeted.

“Madam Minister? Good morning.” I greeted back.

“I heard about your accident, and that you signed the protocol, are you sure you're okay?” she asked.

“Yes ma'am!” I stated.

“He is sure? I don't like to see anyone hurt.” she said.

“I was trained for this, ma'am, my duty is to serve and protect, I've done this my whole life!” I said.

“I see…” she said.

“While you're here, I... wanted to ask for your help.” I spoke.

“You can talk.” she said.

“I'm sorry for your loss. Losing someone you love is one of the hardest experiences in life. It takes time to heal and get over the pain. If you want, I can be here to listen and support you, even if it's just to vent.” she said.

“It's been over 8 years since I lost her, maybe even longer, she was the only girl who...made me feel special.” I said, holding back the tears.

“It'll be fine.” she stated.

I was silent, somehow I felt more comfortable, after long years, but I wasn't ready to cry, so I just rubbed my eyes and got up:

“Thanks for the support!” I spoke.

“Whenever you need it, just call!” she said, leaving.

After a while, I reunited with AppleJack, Rainbow Dash and Pinkie, then Eduard came running in, almost out of breath:

“Guys!” exclaimed Eduard.

“Eduard?” I found it strange.

““You need to get out of here! The spies will attack you! They go!” Eduard said.

“We protect you!” Jack said.

“What's going on here?” asked a policeman.

“Thank God.... Policeman, listen to me, the spies will attack the ministers and the Sniperplayer from all sides, we need reinforcements, urgently!” Eduard exclaimed.

“Where are they?” asked the policeman.

“There!” Eduard said, killing a man who advanced on the policeman.

“My God…” said the policeman.

“Please call them!” Eduard said.

“Calling all units, we demand protection from ministers in the park, I repeat, park, this is not training!” said the policeman, using the radio.

“Can anyone explain what's going on?” Dash said, confused.

“DOWN!” Eduard shouted, shooting at another enemy soldier.

“Get in my car and call for an escort!” AppleJack exclaimed, running to her car.

Me, Dash and Pinkie took out our weapons and went to the car, Dash called reinforcements, and in a few minutes cars came with some Ghosts to do the escort:

“ACCELERATE OTHERWISE WE WILL DIE!” Pinkie said.

“Change of plans, I want all RDAG at the airport, that includes the diplomats and Frank!” Dash said.

“Ma'am, do you need my help?” Frank asked, after intercepting our radio.

“Sniper said you'd come along.” Dash replied.

“We're going to Stalliongrad!” she said, while Pinkie used her phone to call the whole group.

“Do you want me to tell the others?” asked Frank.

“I'm already warning everyone!” Pinkie replied.

“By the way, where are you? The enemies are already fleeing, reinforcements have arrived…” Frank said.

“We're on Sparkle Blast Street!” AppleJack exclaimed.

So, someone shot through the window in the car, but the armor held the bullet, I looked at the cars from behind, they were shooting at another car, I rolled down the window and started shooting:

“That pistol won't do the job.” AppleJack said.

“That's it for today!” I replied.

There were 3 guys using Uzis, it was suicide to leave the window open, the Ghosts sped up to cover and killed the driver, leaving the enemy car out of control and causing an accident, then 4 more enemy cars appeared, the other friendly car was on our other side to provide cover, so I had an idea:

“AppleJack, slow down!” I said.

“Frank?” AppleJack wondered, looking at Frank who appeared on a motorcycle.

“What will you do?” Pinkie asked.

“Try to locate more suspicious movement!” said AppleJack to Frank.

“Can't send helicopters?” Frank asked.

“It will get a lot of attention.” Dash reported.

“I'll jump in the car behind and…” I started to speak my plan.

“Bad idea.” Pinkie said.

“Don't do that!” Frank exclaimed.

“Come on, this isn't the first time I've done this.” I spoke.

“You are crazy!” said Mary, Jack's girlfriend, who was 1.71 tall, white skin, black hair and blue eyes.

“More enemies!” Frank exclaimed, pointing to a motorbike being stolen.

“I've done things you have no idea I've done!” I answered Mary.

“How stubborn you are…” she said.

“AppleJack, do you trust me?” I asked.

“I trust…” she replied.

“NO!” Mary shouted.

“So slow down and let me jump!” I exclaimed.

“Okay…” she said, slowing down.

I jumped to the back car, forcing the windshield to break, then killed the shooters and took the wheel, then, I shot at the back window to break and shoot the back car, I braked a few times to stay side by side with the enemy and kill easily, Frank was giving support, so, I accelerated and honked for one of the escort cars to give space:

“AppleJack, take everyone to the airport!” I said.

“What is your plan?” she asked.

“Ask them to block the avenue, I'll take them to the other side and I'll meet you later.” I replied.

“Are you kamikaze by any chance?” Dash asked.

“I'm the front line!” I replied.

“Okay, we'll do it!” AppleJack said.

“Excellent!” I said, going back to the rear.

After a few km we arrived at the blockade, AppleJack, according to plan, went through the blockade to go to the airport, I went to the other side to call being chased on purpose, together with Frank and Mary the blockade people managed to shoot down some enemy cars, the rest went after me, I accelerated and fired again, it became more difficult to shoot them down, so I decided to do a drift and shot 3 drivers, then I went back to driving as before:

“I have an idea... Sniperplayer, go down an alley, I have an idea!” Mary said.

“We're on a bus station!” I reminded her.

“Looks like they're building something, I just know it's going to get in the way of the enemies, Frank, when we get there at the construction site, shoot the wall!” she said, looking at a building.

“It can leave!” Frank said.

“NOW!” Mary signed as we accelerated.

Frank shot at the wall, making it fall on top of some cars, we managed to lose them:

“Good boy!” Mary said.

“Let's go straight to the airport!” I exclaimed.

We arrived at the airport, everyone was ready, Rarity was there too, covering everything for the newspaper:

“What happened caused the shooting and the whole car chase?” Rarity asked, coming over to me.

“Erh...it's something complicated, possibly a new gang.” I replied.

“They were trying to kill you! The spies are attacking with everything!” Mary said.

“Ah yes...thank you for not being discreet about the facts!” Rarity said, giving a forced smile, meaning that some things shouldn't come out.

“Oh, I forgot to introduce myself: my name is Mary Clint, and this is Frank…” Mary said.

“Hi…” Frank said.

“Nice to meet you... how was it…” Rarity started to speak.

“We don't have time, we have a... meeting, Madam Minister, it was a pleasure to give this interview.” I said, interrupting her.

“Oh right, good meeting!” Rarity said.

“The costumes arrive in 5 minutes, along with your weapons!” AppleJack said.

“Sniper, these are the diplomats, Sunset Shimmer and Starlight Glimmer!” Dash said, introducing me to 2 girls, respectively.

Starlight was 1.73 tall, purple eyes, light purple skin and purple and cyan hair, Sunset Shimmer was already 1.75, cyan eyes, orange skin and orange and yellow hair, both seemed to be smart:

“We've heard from you, General Commander!” Sunset said.

“Thank you for your services, and I hope we'll be on the same page during our diplomatic missions in Stalliongrad!” Starlight said.

“Do you already have bodyguards?” I asked.

“I already took care of that, I called some intelligence agents to do that job.” Dash said.

“It's now or never, the fate of Equestria is in our hands!” I exclaimed.

To be continued!!!