• Published 14th May 2023
  • 4,826 Views, 1,423 Comments

Eclipse - Hiver



Page is stuck. He never wanted to be a Prince. Ponies plot against him. Mostly for his own good.

  • ...
17
 1,423
 4,826

Chapter 22

“You know,” I said from my place by the fireplace, having just finished my breakfast “I have an idea for what to do today:”

Celestia smiled from across from me where she was stretched out on the couch, taking up most of it with her forehooves hooked over the armest, “And what may that be?”

I smirked, “Okay,” I said, looking up at her, “I have more than one idea right now. But this one is magic related.”

“What would you like to do?”

I got up and stretched, wings raised high before I folded my wings, “You know the spell you and Luna are going to burn excess magic?”

“Our manes and tails,” Celestia said with a nod, “You would like to learn it?”

“...Better than shimmering,” I admitted, “But I was thinking maybe we could try for a… cooler version or something? Something more manly.”

Celestia looked amused, “Oh?”

I nodded, scraping a hoof against the stone floor, “You know, the entire flowing mane and tail feels just… kinda girly?”

The alicorn of the sun smiled, “Oh does it?”

“Kinda?”

“What would you prefer instead?” Celestia asked before she eyed me thoughtfully, “...You know, I think you would look good with a longer mane.”

I blinked, “Really?” I asked and glanced up before I shook my head, “Never mind that now. What instead… I’m not sure,” I then admitted, “I was thinking something with shadows?”

Celestia raised an eyebrow, “A bit cliche, isn’t it?

“Yeah, maybe a bit,” I admitted with a shrug, “But also kinda cool?”

Celestia eyed me and then her horn flashed. Her mane and tail stopped being their usual flowing ethereal self and settled into strands of mane as they sank down to hang normally.

Still celestially colored in multiple colours and she moved off the couch. The effect was almost instant. I could feel…

…Without the spell burning of excess magic, I could feel the temperature increasing, radiating from her. It was like standing outside on a warm summer day at noon.

“You are so hot.”

She smirked, “Give it thirty minutes and I’ll be hot enough to melt gold,” she said and spread her wings. It was almost like a warm wind emitted from her.

“If you get upset enough, it bleeds through anyway?”

Celestia nodded, “It does. As it does for Luna. As it will for you, Cadence, Twilight, Midnight and Flurry.”

I nodded, pressing my wings against my sides, protecting the somewhat sensitive skin as much as I could from the heat. It was starting to quickly pass hot summer day in Nocturnis and heading towards bonfire.

“Actually,” Celestia said with a smile, “The spell for our manes weren’t the first one Luna and I attempted. We actually went through a number of spells before we settled on the ones we did. In the end, those turned out to be the least disruptive ones.”

“Such as?”

Celestia smiled, “Give me a second, I’ll try to remember. I haven’t used this one since… oh, it has to be thousands of years.”

She looked thoughtful for several long minutes. I could feel the heat starting to feel burning hot from meters away, but I refused to step back even as my eyes started to feel dry.

Finally she nodded and her eyes flashed… and started to glow.

I had to narrow my eyes, but I couldn’t look away. She was absolutely radiant. Her white coat shone softly, sunlight spreading through the chamber, her wings and horn glowing even brighter and I couldn’t look straight at either of them, her mane shining with an interior light, turning from pink to a glowing white.

“Wow…” I said as I was finally forced to push my night goggles down as my eyes started to water, which helped, but she looked radiant even through them and I still couldn’t look directly at her horn and wings, “And you wonder why ponies worshiped you like a sun goddess.”

She looked like a goddess normally, with her shining like that…

…I felt like building a temple. Wow.

Celestia smiled, her wings raising high and wide, “Indeed. That is one of the reasons we stopped using these that took too much inspiration from our domains. If you think mine is attention grabbing, you should see my sisters. Hers made her look like she was made from the night sky.

Oh wow.

I totally have to ask to see that at some point.

“Also, mine made it a bit difficult to sleep for everypony else,” Celestia then added with a smile.

Pushing my goggles back up a bit, I snuck a glance at her before I had to look away again, “You look amazing.”

“Thank you”, Celestia said before focusing and her horn flashed. The glow faded away and her mane and tail returned to their normal state, fading away from individual strands to the flowing ethereal mane. I had to blink, trying to clear sunspots from my vision.

“...We can start with the normal spell first?” I asked, pushing my goggles fully back up onto my forehead, “See how it works?”

She nodded, “It will be a while until you will need it. Candace doesn’t even need it yet. Likely at least a century until ponies start to fall in love with her as soon as she walks into a room. But we can work on it today, if you like.”

And some ponies though my domain was scary.

“Yes please,” I said and then glanced up at her, “If I have it running, it will start in case I get agitated enough to start manifesting, right?”

“Correct,” Celestia confirmed, “Assuming you are already outputting enough base magic to keep the enchantment intact. Which I am far from sure you are.”

“Let’s start there then,” I said with a determined nod, “Flowing mane and tail is still more manly than shimmering.”

Celestia laughed.