• Published 14th May 2023
  • 4,825 Views, 1,423 Comments

Eclipse - Hiver



Page is stuck. He never wanted to be a Prince. Ponies plot against him. Mostly for his own good.

  • ...
17
 1,423
 4,825

Chapter 17

I kept low, slowly approaching my prey.

Wings half spread, I moved on silent hooves, slipping forward like a shadow.

Luna turned her head and smiled in my direction, “Going to need to try a bit harder than that, My Page.”

I stood up and glowered at her, “How did you spot me!?”

“I didn’t,” she said as she turned towards me with a smile, moving to meet me, “But you have a presence in the dream realm.”

Walking up, I looked up at her before I smiled and raised my muzzle. Luna lowered her own in turn, looking into my eyes, her nose just about touching mine.

“You have a presence everywhere, my beautiful night sky,” I answered as I looked up into her eyes.

Her cheeks colored slightly and she moved around without taking her nose from mine until her side was against mine, her wing brushing along my back, “You are in a good mood, My Page.”

“...I am,” I admitted and gave her a soft kiss before leaning against her with a smile, “It’s been a good day.”

“Enjoy your lessons then?”

“I am,” I admitted before I smiled wider, “It’s only been a day though and my brain feels a bit mush. I’m not sure I can keep it up for an entire month, I’m not Sparks. But I will try.”

Luna smiled and nosed at my ear, “I’m glad you’re enjoying yourself. You deserve it and more.”

I shifted, nosing up for another kiss before I looked up at her, “...And not to complain, but the place is freezing.”

Luna looked at me with a small smile, “Oh? Truly? Even during the summer?”

“Yeah,” I said and cuddled against her, “Something about the wind flowing in from the snow on top of the mountain. It’s not too bad though, the fireplaces makes it nice and toasty and… well, I do have a literal alicorn of the sun teaching me.”

Nodding, Luna sat down and slipped her forelegs around me, pulling me closer, “I’m glad it’s not too bad.”

I leaned against her, giving her a small kiss, “It’s not. In fact, it’s pretty cozy being bundled up in blankets like this.”

Luna looked amused, “Did they install a bed?”

“Perch,” I said with a grin, “I tied a pair of blankets around myself and hang from my tail. It’s open in the lower half but keeping the heat in as it rises.

Grinning, she touched her nose against mine again, “Bat.”

“You have no idea how comfortable it is,” I countered, looking up into her eyes.

Luna looked doubtful and shook her head, “How is the fort otherwise?”

“Pretty nice,” I admitted and cuddled against her, “My room is about the size of our home in Canterlot. Not as furnished, but there is a comfy couch, a big fireplace and some bookshelves. And a very nice perch.”

Nodding, Luna slipped a wing around me, “Have you talked to Sunset and Twilight?”

I shook my head, “Not today, they’re awake now. Maybe I’ll have a chance after sunrise, but I bet Sunshine will wake me early.”

Luna nodded and gave me a small kiss, “Want me to ask them to take naps during the night?”

Considering it for a second, I then shook my head, “No… It’s difficult enough for them to switch being nocturnal anyway.”

She frowned at me, “Page, you have to stop that.”

“What?”

“Let the ponies you love make their own choices. Stop deciding what’s good for them.”

I cringed and sighed, “...Sorry… It’s just that I know it’s dif-eep!”

Luna let go of my ear and looked down at me firmly, “What did I say, Page?

“Sorry,” I said and reached up, rubbing my ear, “I guess you’re right. Not my choice to make… I would like to see them.”

Luna smiled, “Good colt,” and gave me a small kiss.

“You know,” I said as I leaned against her, “Your plan failed.”

“Oh?”

“Yeah,” I said and looked up at her with a small smile, “This is not a vacation in any way. If anything, I think I’m actually working harder than before.”

Luna looked like she was suppressing a grin for a second, “I’m sure,” she then said and bumped her nose against mine, “But even so, I think the change might be nice.”

“It is,” I agreed and frowned in thought, “...It’s only been a day and while I said it is exhausting, it actually makes me consider a degree or something.”

“Oh?”

“Mmm,” I said and noses at her neck, “Not sure what in, but I bet it would help me get a job once ponies finally figure out the entire democracy thing.”

Luna smiled and gave me a squeeze, “Silly bat.”

“But seriously, I think it would still be good,” I said, “I like learning things and will make me a more capable ruler.”

Then I shook my head and reached to stroke her wing, “Enough about me,” I said and looked up at her, “How are things in Canterlot with Celestia away?”

Luna hmmed softly, “I’m sure the nobles are annoyed as I followed your advice and kept to my schedule. If they want to talk to me, they have to adapt to me.”

“Good.”

Serves them bucking right.

“But it is going well,” Luna said and then smiled, “I have a couple of hours until I have court, but until then…”

She shifted closer and closer, one hoof on my chest, pushing me backwards until I was on my back with her standing over me as she smiled down at me, “I have some ideas about how to pass the time, my knight.”

I used a bit of dream magic to give myself a set of Nocturnis armor, “But of course, your highness. How may I serve my Princess?”