• Published 14th May 2023
  • 4,823 Views, 1,423 Comments

Eclipse - Hiver



Page is stuck. He never wanted to be a Prince. Ponies plot against him. Mostly for his own good.

  • ...
17
 1,423
 4,823

Chapter 54

It looked like stars had fallen.

It was the first part I saw of Nocturnis. Lights shimmering in the forest far ahead and below. Luna nosed at my ear softly before going back to look out over the forest outside the forward window.

“It’s beautiful,” she said quietly.

“It is,” I agreed, leaning softly against her with a small sigh before I glanced up at her, “How long can you stay?”

Luna smiled sadly, “A couple of days at most.”

I nodded and shifted a bit closer, resting my head against her shoulder.

Luna nosed at my ear but we stayed like that for a while, her wing draped around me before she spoke up, “How are things in Canterlot?”

“...Sunshine says she has things in control,” I said and glanced up at her, “Thinks she can use the upsurge of support to get some useful laws through.”

“That’s good,” Luna said and smiled a bit, “...she always was better at that sort of thing than I was. But I do hope you two talked more than politics in your lessons.”

“Some,” I agreed.

Luna smirked slightly, “Or is it perhaps dates and not lessons?”

I glowered at her before I grumbled and leaned against her again.

“What was that, My Page?” Luna teased.

I sighed, “I said, I don’t know. It’s a date and a lesson, I think.”

“Well,” Luna said with a small smile, “That is the best way to get you to learn things you don’t want to learn.”

“Wait, did she get the idea from you!?” I asked, looking up at her in surprise.

Luna smirked, “It worked when I was teaching you.”

I looked at her suspiciously, “...Did you tell her about that?” I asked, leaning slightly to the side to look up at her.

“I may have mentioned it,” Luna answered with a wider smile, “My sister and I do talk, you know.”

Gulp.

It made sense, but always made me feel outnumbered. Which, in addition to being outgunned, was not a good tactical position to be in.

I felt my ears turn a bit warm.

“...I miss those times,” I admitted, changing the subject slightly and smiled a bit sadly up at her, “A lot.”

Luna lowered her head, giving me a small kiss before she smiled back softly, “So do I, My Page. But one of the things that you learn when living for a long time is that times change… in all ways. We may not be living together right now, but that time will return in the future.”

“You think so?”

“I know so,” Luna told me softly but seriously, “Just like we will be living apart at some other time after that. Time is always moving forward, Page. And with it comes changes.”

“Some we like.”

“And some we don’t,” Luna said with a small smile, “Things come and go. You know this as much as anypony.”

I sighed, looking out over the approaching Nocturnis, “I suppose I do,” I admitted and leaned against her again, “I just miss it.”

“So let’s pretend for a few nights,” Luna said, pressing her nose between my ears, “That I don’t have to leave.”

I glanced up at her, “That sounds nice.”

Luna touched her nose to mine, “How is your side?”

I smiled and took a step back before trotting in a circle, “I feel almost normal,” I said and half spread my wings, posing with my left forehoof off the deck, putting full weight on my right one, “I don’t even really feel it most of the time for the last couple of nights.”

“Most?”

I shrugged my wings, “Pulls a bit when I twist wrong,” I admitted, “And then it aches slightly,” I said before folding my wings and returning to her again, “...I just wear the bandages to keep the missing patch of coat covered.”

“You could just use an illusion,” Luna pointed out, “As long as the doctor has cleared it.”

“I’m up for an examination before we land,” I said and leaned softly against her, “I’ll be wearing one above the bandages anyway. Don’t want my ponies to worry as it looks worse than it is.”

Luna frowned slightly at me before she sighed softly and slipped her wing around me again, resting her head against the top of mine.

Pressing my nose against her neck, I relaxed, half closing my eyes as I was surrounded by a field of stars.

My ear flicked back at the sound of hoofsteps against the deck. I recognized the gait however and didn’t move.

Luna however turned her head and I heard a smile in her voice, “Twilight.”

“Luna,” Twilight said with a smile of her own, “Page,” she then added and moved up along my other side, “Steady Beat were looking for you.”

Shifting, I kissed her cheek before I scooted back out from beneath Luna’s wing, “And that’s my cue to exit stage left, I suppose. Might as well get it done before he tracks me down on his own. All it would do would be to give me an earful.”

Twilight grinned, “He can be a bit like that, yes. So it may be safest.”

I nodded, “Yeah, don’t want to be looked at disapprovingly today. Going to be a long night as is,” I agreed with a smile and bowed, “My Ladies.”

Luna smiled, “See you by landing, My Page,” as Twilight slipped into my previous spot beneath her wing.

Oh yeah, those two are definitely getting to be a thing.

Smiling to myself, I headed back inside in search of the doctor. Honestly, getting approval to remove these bandages would be so nice.