• Published 14th May 2023
  • 4,823 Views, 1,423 Comments

Eclipse - Hiver



Page is stuck. He never wanted to be a Prince. Ponies plot against him. Mostly for his own good.

  • ...
17
 1,423
 4,823

Chapter 47

"You know we should leave soon," I told Luna as we looked out over Canterlot, the moon just above the horizon.

"I'm aware, My Page," Luna said quietly before she looked at me, "But you are still injured."

I smiled faintly, "It will take a while until I'm fully healed. I can put full weight on my hoof even if it hurts and Steady Beat has cleared me for travel. I should return to my ponies."

Luna sighed softly before she nodded, "I know. Airship or train?"

"I think airship," I admitted, "It's slightly faster, if not by much."

Nodding, Luna's wing brushing across my back, "I am tempted to accompany you."

"I promise not to crash this time," I teased before I smiled, "And I would love that. For a visit or just for the journey?"

Luna considered that, "I believe I can stay for a few days," she admitted, "In fact, I will talk with my sister and see if she can come as well."

"...Can we risk that?" I asked, "Somepony may burn down the capital."

"Silly pony," Luna teased before she smiled, "It has been a while since I visited Nocturnis. Has much changed?"

"Some," I admitted, "There is the lower town now. Mostly ponies without wings which are more comfortable on the ground. Which I can't blame them for."

Luna nodded thoughtfully, "I can see why," she admitted and flicked one ear in thought before she looked up as Sunset poked her head out the door,

"Hey you two, our guest has arrived," she said before heading back inside.

I sighed softly, "Oh buck."

"Be a good colt now," Luna teased and guided me back towards the inside of the tower. Despite the fact that I could put weight on my hoof, it just hurt less to keep it off the ground so I limped along. Really not looking forward to going inside.

The door opened and Luna lead me in, "Page! Aunty Luna!" Cadance exclaimed with a smile as she, Shining Armor and Sunburst crossed the room to meet us, "So good to see you again!"

"Likewise," Luna said with a smile of her own.

I looked at Cadance. She looked at me.

The pink menace smirked slightly before going back to talking to Luna, the two mares steering away back towards Sunset and Twilight, leaving me with Shing and Sunburst.

I looked between them and scratched the side of my muzzle with a wing, "...On a scale of one to ten, how smug is she?"

"Actually, I think she looped back around to about a three," Sunburst said with a smile, holding his hoof out, "Good to see you again, Page."

"Same," I agreed, carefully bumping my right hoof against his before repeating it with Shining, "How's things in the Crystal Empire?"

"Snowy," Shining said with a smile, "We had the year's first snowstorm today."

I raised an eyebrow at him, "It's summer."

"Like I said, first of the year."

I suppressed a shudder. As pretty as the Crystal Empire was, and despite the field keeping it livable, I could never live there.

Way, way, way too cold even inside the shield.

Glancing towards the mares, I then turned to the two of them, “Pathfinder?” I asked.

“What’s a pathfinder?” Sunburst asked before Shining shook his head,

“Princess Luna would skin me alive if I allowed you out in public after the attack,” he said firmly.

I smiled at him, “Luckily, the assailant is safely in custody and it is important to show ponies that I have no fear of being among them. I already talked with everypony.”

Shining Armor looked at me hesitantly, “And if I asked Princess Luna about it?” he asked with a raised eyebrow.

“Go ahead. If you dare interrupt them.”

Shining glanced back and hesitated before he frowned at me.

Sighing, I leaned to look around him, “Wife! We are going out!”

Luna laughed and looked over at us before making her way over, “Shining Armor hesitant to let you?” she asked with a smile.

“Just making sure,” Shining said with a smile, “Page has a history.”

“So he does,” Luna agreed before she moved over and leaned down to bump her nose against my ear, “But in this case, as long as you bring the guards, it is no problem.”

“See. I told you!” I said, glowering at him before I gave Luna a small kiss before I looked at him again, “I am an adult and somewhat responsible stallion. I go where I wish.”

“Silly Page,” Luna murmured against my ear, “Be careful.”

I nodded, “We will,” I said, glancing up at her, “have fun.”

“You as well,” Luna said and pulled away to return to Cadance. Looking over, I found that Skitter had joined them in the meanwhile. It was good to see that she was talking civilly with Cadance. What more, Cadance was smiling at her, something I wasn’t sure would ever be possible even a couple of years ago.

I raised an eyebrow at Shining, “Well?”

He chuckled, “Okay, fine. You got me. Let’s go… Cloud and Swift joining us?”

I nodded, “Eh, Swift is. Should meet us there in a bit. Cloud got his tail transferred out of the city by being too damn good at what he does.”

“Huh.”

“E-excuse me?” Sunburst said, one hoof lifted off the floor as he looked between us, “What’s a pathfinder?”