• ...
 1
 405

The Showdown

Twilight looked on in horror at the sight that was in front of her. All of the ponies, one mind controlled army of nightmares. She knew she had to do something. Then she remembered the resurrection spell. The only way to defeat the nightmare was the elements of harmony. She knew what she had to do.

Flurry Heart was crying in her bedroom, upset by the fact that after everything she had done for her, Cadence still thought of her as a burden. But why wouldn’t she? She was the offspring of her late father, the one she apparently loved more. Then she heard a knock on the door.

“Flurry? It’s me. Can I come in? I need to talk to you.” That was her mother’s voice. Why does she of all ponies want to talk with her? But she’s still her mother.

“Yes, you can come in.” Flurry said, wiping away her tears. And then the older ex-alicorn stepped into the room and sat next to her.

“Flurry, I, want to apologize. For what I’ve said.” Flurry just glared at her.

“Why?! You said it yourself! You just can’t wait for me to leave!”

“Flurry, I-” Just then, the door flew open, and Princess Luna, Discord, and Galaxy Star burst in. They looked panicked and very worried.

“Cadence! Flurry! Have either of you seen Twilight Sparkle?!” Luna asked as if she was scared. Cadence and Flurry looked at each other confused as to what was going on.

“No? What’s wrong?” Flurry Heart asked, starting to worry herself.
That's when Galaxy spoke up, and got out a piece of paper.

“We found this note in Twilight’s room, and I think you should read it.” She said as she gave the note to Cadence and Flurry for them to read.

“To whom it may concern,
When I was in my room, pondering on what to do about this nightmare situation, I saw an army of mind controlled ponies. Their eyes were all glowing, and I figured the nightmare had something to do with it. I know what I need to do. The only way to stop the nightmare is to use the elements of harmony. And I have a resurrection spell that will help bring them back. This is for the good of Equestria.
Galaxy, if you’re reading this, I’m sorry I wasn’t a better mentor. And Flurry Heart, I’m sorry that I wasn’t a better aunt. I hope your lives will be better without me.
Yours truly,
Twilight Sparkle”
Flurry and Cadence both stared at the note in horror after they’ve finished reading it.

“Oh, dear Celestia. She’s not going to, is she?” Flurry said, her voice wavering.

“We better try and beat her to canterlot!” Luna said, fully alarmed.
Twilight walked up to her friends’ burial, spell in her saddle bags. She took a shaky breath. This is for the good of Equestria.

(Now I get lazy and briefly explain the rest)

Twilight resurrects her friend, Nightmare Star bursts into the room, mocking Twilight for giving up her immortality, but Twilight says

“What’s so great about immortality if you’re forced to watch everypony you love die and never see them again?” And then our heroes, Cadence, Flurry, Galaxy, and Discord make it to the scene, but they are disappointed because they were too late. The spell has been cast. There is a big fight, and Cadence sadly and tragically gets caught in the crossfire, killing her instantly. Everypony was heartbroken, but there was no time to mourn now. Twilight and her friends defeat the nightmares, and send them to Tartarous setting free everypony affected. But Twilight wasn’t finished. She used her magic one last time, this time aimed at the others. There was a bright flash of light, and when it subsided, Discord had his chaos magic back, and everypony was alicorns again. And Galaxy was too an alicorn, much to eveypony’s shock. Galaxy was the new princess of friendship.

Four years later, Galaxy and her wife, Flurry, were visiting the memorial for the elements of harmony. They were all there. Honesty, Loyalty, Laughter, Kindness, Generosity, and… Magic. The couple leaned against each other for support. It’s been a week since they’ve died, and four years since Flurry became the new ruler of the crystal empire, and Galaxy the new princess of friendship. Celestia was now more willing to open up to Luna about her problems, and same went for Luna. Discord was making the most of his chaos magic after getting it back, and was very happy to see Fluttershy again for four more years, and that was great, but everypony still missed Twilight and Cadence. Their demises were a great tragedy, and Twilight’s was practically suicide. The last few years were rough, but they were all healing and trying to cope.

That’s about all they could do now. There was no getting back what was lost, but it was time to start looking ahead. Looking forward to the future, and be ready for it’s outcome. Whether it would be good or bad, they’ll be ready. As they say, what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger. And they were right. They were all stronger. Sort of. They were still healing after the emotional scars after all. But only time will tell what the future holds.

(Being lazy again cause this accepts at least 1000 words, so you don’t have to read past this.)

Twilight looked on in horror at the sight that was in front of her. All of the ponies, one mind controlled army of nightmares. She knew she had to do something. Then she remembered the resurrection spell. The only way to defeat the nightmare was the elements of harmony. She knew what she had to do.

Flurry Heart was crying in her bedroom, upset by the fact that after everything she had done for her, Cadence still thought of her as a burden. But why wouldn’t she? She was the offspring of her late father.

Author's Note:

I made this after finding out Remembrance was canceled. I was pretty bummed out, but I understand why. But since I’m the type of person that hates cliffhangers, and for all the people that’s in the same boat, then this is for you. Just to let you all know, this is head canon, and not canon to the actual series. We may never know what the actual ending would be, but this is better than nothing, right?

Edit, 02/15/23: I just realized that uploading this was a bitch move. ESPECIALLY since the toxic fan base is the reason Remembrance got canceled in the first place.

Comments ( 1 )

She needs support and freed from the chains

Login or register to comment