• Published 17th Dec 2022
  • 343 Views, 7 Comments

I have to know! - ManeBrony



Pinkie Pie is on a mission. She must learn the truth

  • ...
0
 7
 343

The Truth

Questions. We all have them. Some more important than others, but any of them can drive you crazy from not knowing the answer. Pinkie Pie has found herself in that situation, and she was determined to find the answer to her question today, no matter what.

Twilight's castle, that is where the answer lies. Pinkie was currently alone in the castle, walking to the room that held her answers. What room is that you ask? The kitchen of course. Only this room can possibly have the answer to her question.

She arrived in the kitchen, nervous, but determined. There was no turning back now, she had to know. She's been trying to find the answer for years. Ever since she could form a thought, back when she was just a blank flank foal. But finally, today was the day she got her answer. She walked past the sink, and up to the large metal cube that held her answer. She looked up at it, terrified of what the truth might be, but she would get her question answered if it killed her. What could this question possibly be you ask?

Well only the greatest secret in all of Equestria...

Does the light in the refrigerator stay on when you close the door?

Pinkie had always wanted to know, but it was impossible to answer. After all, how could somepony possible know what the inside of the fridge looked like when the door was closed? The door would be blocking the view of the inside, so it was impossible to know. Until today that is.

Pinkie had been working on this plan for months, no, years, but she finally worked out a solution that would answer all her questions. After today she would be a legend all throughout Equestria. Books would be written about her for this incredible discovery, she'd be praised as a hero for decades to come.

Yes, she know exactly what she needed to do. The only possible way. Pinkie was going to get inside the fridge, and close the door. Pinkie got to work clearing out a space to fit inside, which wasn't very hard. She was not a particularly large creature, so she soon had her space ready. She turned around and took one last look at the outside world, then yelled, "See ya soon world! I'm about to make history!" Then jumped inside, and slowly started closing the door.

As it inched closer and closer to being shut, she felt incredibly nervous about what the answer might be. Would it stay on? Would it turn off? Some other third thing?! Only one way to find out. Pinkie finally finished closing the door, and what happened next shook the mare to her core. Darkness. Pinkie couldn't see anything. The light had turned off! At last, Pinkie knew the truth. After all these years, she had finally found her answer. It was as if the universe itself opened up, and the knowledge of the cosmos flowed into her from every direction. Pinkie felt as if her life was completely. She felt that if she died right now, she'd have no regrets. She sat there for a while, thinking about her discovery, and how happy it made her. This would make headlines. No, entire newspapers would be dedicated to this! Several even! This was a historical event, right up there with the founding of Equestria, banishment of Nightmare Moon, and the invention of bendy straws. She'd be smiling about this for weeks. However she did eventually decide it was time to come out, after all she had to immediately tell all of her friends about this. Pinkie reached out with her front hoof to push the door open, and push she did... However the door remained remarkably unopened. Confused, she pushed harder, hoping that would fix the problem, which it did not.

"Uh oh," she said to herself, "got a little bit of a problem here don't we..."

Pinkie continued pushing, but no matter how hard she tried she was unable to get out. "Huh, oh well! Ponies eat a lot, I'm sure somebody will let me out soon enough! Until then I can pretend to be a... Milk carton!"

Pinkie sat there for a long while, just as you would expect from a milk carton, waiting patiently to be rescued. After a certain amount of time tho, it stared to get rather cold. At first it was not an issue, with ponies having fur and all, but eventually it became rather uncomfortable, forcing Pinkie to break character so she could try and get some extra warmth from her tail. How long had she been in here? Hours? Days? Minutes? She had no idea, but she knew she wouldn't last much longer. But oddly... That didn't bother her. Pinkie finally had her answer. No, the light in the refrigerator does not stay on when you close the door. Honestly, nothing else mattered to her anymore, she could let the cold claim her, her work was finished. However, just when Pinkie was about to close her eyes and let herself pass on, there was a blinding light from all sides, and warmth entered her world once again. Which she didn't mind. If she could choose to not die there was no reason not to.

"Pinkie Pie?!" She heard a familiar voice shout.

Pinkie looked at the outside world and saw her friend, Twilight Sparkle, standing there, looking absolutely shocked. "Oh hi Twilight!" She said, and she was dragged out of the refrigerator by Twilight's magic.

"What in Equestria are you doing in my fridge?! Oh my gosh you're freezing."

Pinkie nodded, "yeah it's pretty chilly in there! I was trying to find out if the light turns off when the door closes!"

"So you got inside the fridge!?"

Pinkie nodded, "Uh huh! And then the door got stuck and I couldn't get out!"

Twilight sighed, "Pinkie that's the most ridiculous idea you've ever had. At that is really saying something!"

"Well hey it worked!"

"That's incredibly dangerous Pinkie!"

"Ok ok I won't do it again."

Twilight rolled her eyes, "I doubt that...". There was a long moment of silence between the two, as Twilight looked around the room. She looked up at the ceiling, then down at the floor, them eventually, back at Pinkie, "So uh...does the light stay on or not?"

The End

Author's Note:

I thought this would be funny. Comment and tell me what you thought. Please

Comments ( 7 )

Twilight rolled her eyes, "I doubt that...". There was a long moment of silence between the two, as Twilight looked around the room. She looked up at the ceiling, then down at the floor, them eventually, back at Pinkie, "So uh...does the light stay on or not?"

No, it doesn't or at least the fridge I managed to test it on when I was younger by slowly closing the door. There's a pressure that turns the light off, though perhaps there are models of fridges that don't have that feature. Yes that one Ed Edd N Eddy episode encourage me to test and figure it out for myself that I assume this fic is referencing.

11451913
Yes I know that. Didn't you read the part where pinkie finds out that it turns off? And no I've never seen Ed Edd N Eddy

couldnt pinkie just put a bucket or something in the fridge then stick her head out of it

11453541
Uhhh probably? Is that a reference or something? XD

Does the light in the refrigerator stay on when you close the door?

Know this one at least for my refrigerator, there's this little the best way to describe it as a bun but not a button that when questions applied the light goes off to and the door provides that pressure, I figure this out I was a child who was playing with it

11477834
Why does everyone think I don't know that? This story is a joke

Login or register to comment