• Published 15th Feb 2023
  • 745 Views, 21 Comments

Stuck in Equestria - Gaming_Knight



Sucked through an inter-dimensional rift James finds himself in a world he does not know

  • ...
1
 21
 745

The Reason

I lowered the gun letting it drop to my side.
"But how?" I stuttered trying to make sense of the situation I had brought upon myself. Sky smiled and set the gleaming blade aside.
"It's a long story, you might want to sit down."
After a long explanation Sky finished his story.
"So let me get this straight. You got shot through space-time by a fragmentation grenade and ended up here and got saved by a spirit of chaos?" I asked almost dumfounded.
"Yeah, Discord was essential to my survival. Without him we wouldn't be taking." The room grew quiet for a moment before Sky stood. "Come on, I want to show you something." Sky led me to a back room where there was a workbench with some tools scattered on the top. They shoved them to this side and opened the top of the bench as the tools clattered to the floor. Sky pulled out a large roll of parchment. They spread it out on the bench and set two hammers on each end that they recovered from the floor. For the second time I was speechless. I was staring at the blueprints for Project Worlds Apart.
"No way. It's here!"
"Not here as in here. It's at my shop in Ponyville."

I stood staring at the blueprints.
"This is great we have a shot at going home!"
"You have a shot at going home. Sky corrected. I glanced at him.
"You don't want to come with?"
"Listen James even if we do get that thing up and running there's no guarantee it will hold for two people, and besides," Sky glanced out a window at the street growing darker as night approached. "I've grown attached to this place."
I sighed. "Alright but once I get Worlds Apart working I'm out of here." I turned to walk out of the shop and saw a open mic poster on a lamp post. Lets see if I still got it.
Upon arriving I found myself torn between the drums or the guitar. Both I could play but which do I choose. That's when I met him. He was a pegasus a very light blue almost white pegasus with a spiky blue mane and matching tail. He walked in and I saw something in him. He had potential. I approached him.
"Hey there."
"Hey, Names Sorin,"
"James. Can you play?"
"Yeah."
"Can you sing?"
"Sure"
"Cool, Alright Sorin, Lets rock!"

I showed Sorin the ropes of what song I wanted to play while we waited for the others to go first.
"I think were ready to do this." Sorin commented after we finished the song for the third time.
"Once more were not quite in tune yet." I replied.
"You say that like you've done this before."
"I have."
"Okay Once more."
When our turn came I stepped up to the drum set while Sorin tuned the guitar. I spotted Sharp Shooter in the back of the room talking with a pony in a black cloak, the pony quickly exited after glancing at me. I caught a glimpse of a hazel eye under the hood. I brushed it off for now I would ask her about it later. I turned to Sorin who nodded, I began to tap out the melody before Sorin began the guitar and shortly after he sang.

"I'm not a perfect pony, There's many things I wish I didn't do, but I continue learning, I never meant to do those things to you, so I just have to say before I go." The music swelled as he strummed the guitar. "That I just want you to know! I found a Reason for me! To change who I used to be. A Reason to start over new, and the Reason is you." As Sorin sang I sat back at the drums in awe, he was perfect how had he not done this before. I joined him on the second verse since my voice was lower than his my voice blended quite well. "I'm sorry that I hurt you." I could join him on the high notes as my voice wasn't as deep to not hit them. "And the REASON IS YOU!!!" We both hit the line at the same time harmonizing in a way we hadn't in practice. I fell back focusing on the drums letting Sorin take the song. Once he was done the crowd was quiet even Sharp Shooters jaw was practically on the floor. Sorin let out a nervous chuckle. I leaned into the mic.
"Maybe you aren't ready for that one yet, but your foals are going to love it." I said quoting one of my favorite movies.

Slowly a steady clap rose and grew as we exited the stage. I bought Sorin a drink later congratulating him. "You absolutely crushed it!"
"Nah I can't take all the credit." he said smiling at me.
"So..." Sharp Shooter came trotting over. "How did the famous Wonderbolt end up here?" Sorin's face fell at this.
"I quit. Its a long story, for another time." Silence fell over the table. I took this moment to lean over to Sharp Shooter.
"Who was that pony you were chatting up before the show?" I asked my gaze fixed on her.
"Just my informant. Helping me undermine Cinder by cutting down his best assassins." She replied coolly. I nodded and took another sip of my drink.

-Ponyville-

"SPIKE!" Twilight cried in joy embracing her #1 assistant, former #1 assistant. He was taller now with muscles rippling under his scales. His body was covered in scars old and new. Shiny silver armor adorns most of his body. A scabbard adorned with her colors and her cutie mark was slung at his waist. In many was Twilight was different but she was a princess after all.
"Hello Twi, how have you been?" Spike asked. Gone was his younger voice replaced by a lower tone but it was still Spike.
"I've been great Spike. Did my brother train you well?"
"I think the scars prove he didn't go easy. Oh right." Spike froze on the spot and stood ramrod straight saluting to the Princess. Twilight giggled.
"You don't have to salute to me Spike. Were friends."
"Force of habit around my superiors."
"Twilight was is taking you...."a new voice said as the owner rounded a corner. Spike stared at them he hand going for his sword by instinct. He looked at Twilight and then the other pony.
"You have GOT to be kidding me."

Author's Note:

Read my brothers story Skyfall for Sky's origins

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment