• Published 15th Feb 2023
  • 745 Views, 21 Comments

Stuck in Equestria - Gaming_Knight



Sucked through an inter-dimensional rift James finds himself in a world he does not know

  • ...
1
 21
 745

Soar High

Author's Note:

Taking a break from James for a bit but well go back to him soon.

Sorin sighed finding himself once again in a bar. Country music of some kind played on a record somewhere off in a corner. Sorin tipped the barpony for a drink and got up to leave, on his way out he spotted a poster for an open mic. 1st prize was 100 bits. Huh, not bad. He thought for a moment, Well I am out of a job, Why the hell not. He tore a slip off the bottom and walked back to his small apartment.

At some point, he heard a knock on his door. What the- his thought was cut short as his door burst open and a small object landed at his hooves. It started spewing smoke so he kicked it under his mattress. Coughing and finding it hard to breathe Sorin made his way to the door. Once he reached it something akin to a brick wall hit him in the back. Sorin spun around to find a burly pony clad in all black obscuring their features.
"Been looking for you for a long time now." the pony said. "Now time to take out the trash." Sorin grits his teeth and kicks the pony in their fetlock causing the assassin to go down. He dived back into his room and searched around for something through the smoke that still lingered. Where is it? His hoof connected with the case latch after a moment. Yes! He opened the case and retrieved what lay inside. Inside was what looked like a wing brace but it was anything but, rather it was a very innovative weapon. Concealed blades that any pegasus can wear for self-defense. Sorin strapped on his quickly and turned back to face his attacker.

The smoke stung his eyes but he could see the pony's shape regardless. He opened the wingblades fully and dove toward the pony that dared to attack him. He slid past the pony into the hallway but he felt the blades connect before his head connected with the wall. Ow.... Sorin rubbed his sore head before standing and bolting down the hallway. He busts into the stairwell and runs down to the lobby floor only to encounter a second black-clad pony holding a crossbow out before them. Sorin brought up the blade quickly as they fanned out to form a shield to block the bolt. He heard it clang against the metal and then sideswiped the pony knocking them aside. He propelled himself into the sky once outside and as far away from the apartment building as he could. What the hell! Wouldn't Spitfire be a bigger target? Well she does have security for this reason. Not that she cares for me anyhow.

Sorin sighed as he once again found himself in a bar. The bar gave him deja vu. He was here for the open mic. A small crappy-looking stage had been set up for the performers He sat backstage with a few others. He spotted a peculiar creature. He was tall and he was making all the news recently. He was holding a guitar in one hand and was sitting by a drumset seemingly unsure of which to use. Sorin approached carefully.
"Need some help?" he asked
"I could, yes. Can you play an acoustic?"
"Yes I'm no pro but I'm okay."
"Good. Can you sing?"
"Now that I can do pretty well. I have been told I have pretty good pipes."
"Alright, I have a song we can do if you're willing to duet. We can share the winnings."
"That's fine. Let's do this." The man stretched out his hand.
"James Monroe." Sorin returned it with his hoof.
"Sorin."
"Alright, Sorin. Let's rock."