• Published 15th Feb 2023
  • 745 Views, 21 Comments

Stuck in Equestria - Gaming_Knight



Sucked through an inter-dimensional rift James finds himself in a world he does not know

  • ...
1
 21
 745

Truth and Lies

I awoke and decided to set two things into motion. 1, Find a way to reach O.W.E.N so he can help me out. 2, Find a way to 'possibly' get the Fairlane working. Thankfully both of the things I would need resided currently in a small river bed. I unzipped my bag and pulled out the third firearm I had brought an almost futuristic hand cannon called The Executor. I pulled down the weathered grip opening the breach. Inside was one round, the max the weapon could hold and fire. There in lies the genius of the gun. It only needed one round. I strapped the holster and set the sleek gun inside smirking as then I realized that if anything tried to stop me, they wouldn't get very far.

I stepped out into the kitchen/living room to see Sharp Shooter sitting on the couch fiddling with her crossbow. On the coffee table sat the SKS fully assembled and ready to use.
"Nice job putting the rifle together," I commented lifting it and staring down the sights.
"It wasn't too hard..." She set the crossbow down, I noticed a slight blush on her cheeks. "...I didn't think it would be right, you made it look so easy." I hefted the rifle, pulled the slide back, and pulled the trigger... nothing but a loud click. I was reminded then of a youtuber who would insert a "You got jammed." clip at something like this. I glanced over at Sharp Shooter.
"It Jammed, not too bad but something to watch out for." I set the rifle back on the table. "I'm going out for a while but i'll be back in due time," I said walking out onto the balcony
"What for?" she asked walking over and standing next to me as I stared out over the city.
"I have arrangments."
"Arrangements that require a large firearm."
"Possibly."

The trek back to the Fairlane wasn't too hard and I reached it in half the time than I had previously thought. I opened the driver's door removed the black lining around the shifter and then removed the metal between the two seats, under the sheet metal was a small black box with the letters. O.W.E.N. in blue on it. I carefully removed the box and set it on the seat. Opening a small panel on the back I removed a small chip. I then grabbed the one other item I had brought with me. Two black rings, I slipped them on my wrists. Then I took an earpiece and connected it to the chip. There was a slight crackle and then.

"Ah good morning sir, nice to see you're still alive."
"Did you ever doubt me?" I asked.
"No Sir."
"Alright O.W.E.N I need you to do a full scan of the car. See what needs to be fixed.
"It seems sir that a few small things like body work are slightly damaged however the biggest problem I found was the radiator damage from the landing and we may have a piston or two missing."
"How the hell did that happen? Shawn's block isn't cracked is it."
"Negative sir the engine block is not damaged, there are minor parts that need to be rebuilt."
"Great, Where am I going to find a way to repair it.." I trailed off and remembered that Sharp Shooter and I had passed a Blacksmith shop earlier. "A blacksmith could reforge the pistons I need." I gathered my things and made my way back into town and to the blacksmith. A sign read "Blacksmith Owner and Smith: Sky" I knocked on the door and waited. The door opened to reveal a teal blue pegasus with a long blue mane adorned with white streaks. The one notable thing about the pegaus was the gold necklace they wore. The pennant at the end was a sword. The pegasus gazed up at me with skeptical purple eyes.
"Can I help you?" they asked the male pegasus.
"Um...yes." I was taken by surprise by the voice since their appearance suggested they were of the opposite gender. "I was hoping you could help me reforge some items."
"Come inside then," Sky said.

I followed him inside to your average blacksmith shop. Swords and other weapons hung on the walls. Shields adorned another wall behind the counter. Sky smiled and their eyes went wide when I set the cracked piston on the counter.
"h-how!?" they stammered and they picked up the piston examining it. "Shawn made these how did...?" They turned back to me. "I can help you remake these. How many do you need?"
"Two."
"TWO!" they paused. "I um, of course." They turned away from the counter and began to fill out a piece of parchment with a quill. The whole time humming a song I knew...a song a pony souldn't have known. They turned around and froze because now I had the Executor aimed right at their head.

"Who. Are You." I demanded as I clicked the safety off.
"Now..we can talk about this."
"That song you were humming it was "How to save a life" by "The Fray" how do you know that." Sky paled, and I tightened my grip on the ribbed handle of the hand cannon.
"I...um...let me explain."
"You go two minutes fill it with words." The pegasus sighed and grasped the necklace and broke the chain and with a flash of golden light a brilliant golden broadsword was at their side. The sign of a wielder of the hero's power.
"That's not possible." I dropped the Executor and stared not believing what I saw.
"Hello, James.. It's me," Alex said smiling.