• Published 15th Feb 2023
  • 745 Views, 21 Comments

Stuck in Equestria - Gaming_Knight



Sucked through an inter-dimensional rift James finds himself in a world he does not know

  • ...
1
 21
 745

The Assassins Apartment (edited)

I walked up the three flights of stairs, down the hall, and to the room Sharp had stopped by.

"Here we are! My humble abode..." she announced.

She pushed the door open with the tip of her crossbow and stepped inside. I stood outside and drew the Colt revolver from the holster inside my jacket—the revolver Williams had given me. "For luck, may it serve you well." I armed the revolver and followed Sharp Shooter inside.

The apartment was nothing too impressive... It was your standard living quarters with a small living area, a kitchen, two separate rooms, a bathroom, and a bedroom. However, this one had a balcony. I moved over to the balcony, pushed the door open, surveyed the area for potential threats lurking in the many dark corners, and then, satisfied, I announced, "Clear!" (an old habit) before closing the door.

I turned again to find Sharp Shooter on the couch, setting her crossbow on a small table.

"What's that?" she asked, gesturing to the gun at my side.

"It's kind of like your crossbow but louder and more deadly."

Her eyebrows shot up at this. "Sweet." Sharp admired.

I put the Colt back in its holster and grabbed my luggage from outside. One item was an ebony black case, long and slick. I opened both latches and then the case. I smirked at what lay inside. The black SKS Rifle lay slightly disassembled just as I left it.

I lifted it out of the case and put the scope and stand on, then cocked it back, loading a fresh magazine. I leveled it at a crudely made target on the wall. I took a breath, lined up my shot, and pulled.

The bang of the rifle shook everything on the walls while the bullet went through the target and then the outside wall. Sharp Shooter was staring at me, stars in her eyes. I grinned back at her and set the SKS down.

"That was the power of American Firearms."

"That was so loud but so awesome!" she exclaimed.

"Well, I didn't have the silencer on, so it would have been quieter, but it kills the bullet punch," I said with a shrug.

"How many of those do you have?"

"Just the two. The Colt and the SKS." I lied. I was not about to tell her about the extra sidearm in my suitcase. I glanced out the window at the setting sun. "So, you want me to sleep on the couch or..." I trailed off and I watched her saunter off into the bedroom.

"You know, I don't mind if you sleep with me," she said in a tone that made me uncomfortable.

"I really don't think..." My reply was cut short as her horn lit up, and her magic grabbed me. Welp, I guess this is happening... I thought to myself as she pulled me into the bedroom. She set me down and went to the bathroom, and I stripped off my Jacket, leaving a plain white tee and some faded jeans. Sharp Shooter came back and settled into bed. I took a moment to sit on the edge of the bed. I removed the black glove on my right hand, watching the fading sunlight reflect on the silvery metal that made up my appendage. I clenched my hand into a fist and then put the glove back on. I turned to Sharp Shooter, who lay facing me with one eye cracked open, which she closed when I looked over. I climbed into bed and turned away from her.

"Good night, James."

"Good night, Sharps."

"Sharps? Pet names so soon?"

"It's just easier to say than your full name."

"Alright, whatever you say, James."

With that, I shut my eyes and soon after drifted off.