• ...
 6
 157

Bonus Chapter: The Origins

Moonlight was confortably installed in a chair, ready to hear Sunny’s revelations.

“First of, the source of my immortality was due to my Phoenix DNA” said Sunny. “And apparently, all the Phoenix DNA in my body had been burned by the magic energy of the Philosopher’s Stone. But this isn’t everything the stone did on me...It also cleansed the dragon DNA inside my body. I’m nothing more than a simple human, for now...”

“That’s all my fault...” said Moonlight. “If only i hadn’t been so careless, Cosmos wouldn’t have stolen the stone from me...Yes, i know it’s her who gave it to you, and i also know you asked for it beforehand. But ultimately, i’m to blame for you using it in the first place...I brought you to the girls so they could subdue you, because i was too coward to do the job myself...”

“Well, I did tried to kill you” said Sunny. “So we’re even...Hi hi hi...”

“But wait, what do you mean, for now?” asked Moonlight.

“I was born with the unique ability to assimilate the caracteristics of any magical creature” answered Sunny. “In order to do so, i need to eat their heart, source of their magic. That ability is a magical and named Chimera Magic”

“So, why just limit yourself to only Dragon and Phoenix characteristics?” asked Moonlight, again.

“The reason for that is simple” answered Sunny. “I didn’t awaken the full potential of my Chimera Ability, and i can only use the caracteristic of two magical creatures at most. Because i was so fiery, Grogar chose to imbue me with the abilities of the only two Fire-themed creatures he knew of: Dragons and Phoenixes.”

“I see” said Moonlight.

“The good side is” said Sunny. “I’m free to chose which magical creatures i want the ability from. And i can assimilate the abilities of 8 different creature at once. The Philosopher stone might have done more good than bad to me...”

“What could you do if you unlocked the true power of your ability?” asked Moonlight. “And how can you transform your body?”

“Discord told me that once my Chimera ability is awakened” answered Sunny. “There would be no limit to the number of different magical creatures i assimilate the abilities of. To answer your second question, you know what a Chimera is, right?”

“I do” said Moonlight. “A monster possessing the physical characteristic of 3 different animals, a 3-way hybrid creature.”

“Well, the reason i’m able to transform my body is because i’m a magical creature myself: a Unicorn” said Sunny. “My own magical energy merged with my Chimera ability. I call it Chimera Magic, and it allows me to transform into any magical creatures i assimilated, partially or completely. I can select the physical and magical abilites of up to 3 creatures at a time when i transform, and truly call myself a Chimera. And that’s all of it...”

“I guess it’s my turn to tell you about my ability.” said Moonlight. “My unique ability is similar to yours, but different at the same time...It’s hard to explain.”

“I’m not stupid, i’ll understand” said Sunny.

“I can use and cast any type of magic” said Moonlight.

“Any type?” asked Sunny.

“Elemental magic, Dark magic, Time magic, Spatial magic, forbidden magic, ancient magic, Curse magic...you name it” answered Moonlight.

He showed Sunny his grimoire.

“I can cast every spell written in this grimoire” he said. “Also, i can use the magic of any magical artifacts or relics i get my hands on. For example, the Elements of Harmony...When i fought those girls earlier, i got my hand on a geode and was able to use it’s power.”

“I believe there is more” said Sunny. “How you can use Umbrum and Windigo magic, then, if you’re neither of them?”

“I told you i could use any type of magic earlier” said Moonlight. “That also include magic specific to a race of creatures, and in that case, i have to steal it from them. I presume Grogar must have used his Bewitching Bell to steal the magic of an Umbrum and a Windigo, then gave that magic to me when i was young. Discord told me i could even use Chaos Magic if i was able to steal it from a Draconequus.”

“Would you do it?” asked Sunny.

“I don’t know” asked Moonlight. “Because using magic unique to one race come at a risk. Exemple, If i overuse Umbrum magic, Corruption will gradually take over my body and block my magic. As for overusing Windigo magic, my body will gradually turn into ice. Discord told me using Chaos magic, if i ever end up possessing it, would gradually make my lose my mind, and that if i overuse it, i could even be erased from reality.”

“Hence why you always use a defensive fighting style” said Sunny.

“Would you believe me if i told you i used a more offensive style of combat when i fought those girls?”

“You? Going on the offensive?” said Sunny. “That’s funny, because i have been fighting on the defensive against them. Tell me, how did it went?”

“What do you think?” said Moonlight. “I got my ass handled...without going into details. At the end, i prefered to retreat...”

“Not surprised...” said Sunny, smiling. “Out of everyone in this castle, you’re probably the smartest fighter.”

Moonlight bit his tongue. He didn’t want to tell Sunny he almost made a deal with Death just to get the upper hand, which would have been inconsiderate and extremely stupid.

“Grogar might have a beastiary in his library...” said Moonlight. “What do you say about going on a monster hunt in Equestria, just the two of us? "

“I don’t know” answered Sunny, suddenly depressed. “Now that i lost my immortality and my dragon and phoenix characteristics, i realize i have the opportunity to start over a new life.”

“We both know Grogar won’t give you, nor anyone else, that luxury” said Moonlight. “You said earlier that your ability had grown in power and no doubt Grogar will force you to get new powers once you fully recover. I think personally that i will study this grimoire and memorize as much spells as i can in the meantime.”

“Can i tell you a secret?” asked Sunny.

“That i don’t already know?” answered Moonlight. “Well, you can tell me...”

“It’s about that red and yellow haired girl...Sunset Shimmer...” said Sunny. “I actually met her and her friends totally by chance sometimes ago. They somehow found the entrance of one of my secret lairs where i was sleeping.”

“What happened?” asked Moonlight.

“We talked a little, then they left” answered Sunny. “But during that short interaction, i felt something weird in this Sunset Shimmer. She had a scent familiar to mine...as if she was related to me in some way.”

“That’s impossible she could be related to you” said Moonlight. “Grogar made sure you could never get pregnant with a spell...”

“No spell is flawless” said Sunny. “But i don’t remember ever giving birth before...”

“That will be a mystery to solve later on” said Moonlight. “I’ll go ask for the beastiary and give it to you...”

“Okay, see you soon” said Sunny.

Moonlight left the infirmary and walked for a moment, then he contacted Grogar with a magic device.

“What do you want?” asked Grogar.

“Two things” answered Moonlight. “First, can you lend my your beastiary?”

The book appeared on the floor in front of him.

“Second thing, can you allow me and Sunny to go on an expedition in Equestria?” asked Moonlight.

“It couldn’t be a better time to do so!!” answered Grogar. “I’m going on a month-long vacation and so will you, Sunny and everyone in this castle. I’m leaving in a couple days and i want you out in the meantime.”

“Cool” said Moonlight, ending the call.

He shut the magic device and brought the beastiary to Sunny, then told her what Grogar said. Sunny was excited hearing it and Moonlight returned to his room. Meanwhile, in Canterlot City, our heroes were taking it easy, knowing things would be calm for a while. Sunset told the Sirens and Stygian how went their battles against Tirek, Sunny and Moonlight, in details. Adagio told the girls the hell Cosmos made them go through and how if it wasn’t from Stygian, they would never had survived. At the moment, everyone were doing things they couldn’t enjoy for a while. Applejack was working on her family’s farm, Rarity was making dresses, Pinkie Pie was babysitting, Fluttershy was taking care of her pets at the Animal Shelter, Rainbow Dash was napping at the park, Twilight was crafting a new robot and playing with Spike and Sunset was playing video games. The Dazzlings were writting new songs while Stygian was writting a new book.

Comments ( 3 )

Why is Starlight still bad?

And who is Moonlight and Sunny!? Where is Daybreaker or even Cozy Glow?

11586009
It's an alternate universe kind of thing.

Login or register to comment