• ...
12
 15
 500

Zebras and Jokes. A party for a year older. Archoke’s age?

Chapter Seven

Zebras and Jokes. A party for a year older. Archoke’s age?

Archoke first pov

Time skip: one month

Location: Ponyville Town Square

Time: Noon

Man these last eleven days were something else, as Gilda left to visit Griffonstone to get her stuff to move here. At the beginning of it all, I found that I gained a little fan base with the colts and fillies around Ponyville. At the head was AJ’s little sister, Applebloom. She began to tell about my strength. I heard it rivaled Rainbow’s fan club. I was in the town square with Twilight and Spike because we wanted to take a walk. As we walked I was thinking about the most recent event. On one day the sky was filled with smoke clouds that came from a mountain. This happened right as I was training my students.

Flash back

The day was going along with surprising amounts of ease. I was teaching them what I knew of the basics of kame style. The Saiyans felt as strong as Vegeta might with his scouter, while the others felt comparable to half of the saiyans. I was sparing with Rainbow, helping her work on her speed. It’s then that Twilight came over and asked for mine and the rest of the girls help. While the girls were getting ready, I was looking in my capsule case to see what entirely was in it. “let’s see, there are meat supplies that I’m halfway done with, some weighted clothing, a capsule house, and ...” I mutter before the girls get to me. “Oh, there you guys are. Ready?” I ask the group.

The girls gave me nods of approval before we left to the mountain. I looked at the mountain to see what kind of area is around the mountain. “So, does everypony have what they need? This trip will take a while.” Twilight inquired.

“That should be everything there Twi.” AJ said as she walked besides Pinkie. I noticed that most of the girls seemed a little out of place seeing as we’ll be conversing with a dragon. The only one who wouldn’t be is Rainbow for her not quite instantaneous movement. It’s then that a technique comes to my mind for travel. It may help to calm them down to get out in a jiffy. I began by putting my index and middle finger in my forehead and began to sense around the area. Oddly enough, I could sense the princesses in Canterlot castle.

“Hey Archie, what’cha doin’?” I heard Pinkie ask me. I opened my eyes to see Pinkie skipping in front of me. It took me some time to remember it's just Pinkie.

Remembering that she asked a question I looked back to her. “Nothing really, just seeing about a technique for speed. Or more accurately teleportation if this works out. But it’ll be a surprise for later, ok?” I inform Pinkie. Pinkie looks at me for a couple of seconds as she smiles wider.

“Okie dokie Archie!” Pinkie replied. I saw her catch up to the rest of the group at the mountain. The mountain looked a little smaller than at first glance.

Hearing their hooves make contact with the rocky surface told me we were moving. Deciding to get a better handle on my flight, I decided to float the way up. I looked at the surrounding area and I saw everywhere I've been. Shaking off my awe, I moved to catch up to the group. We made it halfway up the mountain, but that was interrupted by an avalanche. Thinking quickly, I use my Ki to expand and form it into an ‘energy dome’ and extend it while extending my arms. “This should hold. Everyone get close, this’ll take a while.” I instructed.

The girls all gathered around looking at the rocks that are sliding off the dome. I looked at the girls to gauge their reactions and saw them looking in shock. “Archoke, how in Equestria are you making a barrier with this much ease?” a frantic Twilight asked.

After waiting for the rocks to stop falling, I deactivated my Ki shield. I look at Twilight to answer her question before I’m cut off by Pinkie. “Oh Twilight that’s simple. He’s a saiyan. That means he can learn and mimic moves and techniques easier because saiyans learn in the heat of a situation.” She says smiling. Oddly enough, I heard a squeak from her smiling.

Everyone looked at Pinkie in confusion while I looked at her with hesitation on my face. “Y-yeah, that’s correct Pinkie. I’m surprised that you know that.” I confirm. I looked at the area to see the damages, before looking at the girls. “That was close. Let’s get going back to the trail girls.” I instruct. The girls mumbled their agreement about it since it was.

The path continued all the way until AJ and Fluttershy went a different route. Seeing as I could think more about the ‘Instant Transmission’ and how to use it. “Hmmmm. If I could get this to work, I would be that much more prepared for future problems.” I think to myself.

I put my first two fingers back to my forehead and tried to lock onto the princesses again. This time I thought of just appearing there and in an instant I appear in front of Celestia and Luna with a new addition of ki. The ki energy felt off, not like the princesses but not like Nightmares like it wasn't evil. “Aunty, who is the visitor?” the ‘new’ alicorn asked.

I turn to see who asked and see an all to familiar pony while keeping my worry and caution down. Remembering the task at hand, I forgot about the worrying energy. “Hey Tia, and Luna. I see your with your niece. Sorry for popping in unannounced but I was working on a new trick.” I state. I smiled in hopes of disarming the situation. It seemed to work.

I see Celestia and Luna looking at me slack jawed at me just teleporting in. They move to say something but as quick as I popped in I teleported back to the girls feeling Pinkie’s sporadic ki. Looking around it seems that no one noticed I was gone judging from the jump. They heard my popping back to reality and looked around, while Pinkie looked at me and waved. “Hey everypony, we made it back. Let’s get going.” I heard Applejack say.

Hearing her voice her, everyone moved up the mountain till we reached the top. At the top, the girls each tried to convince the dragon to move and each ended with failure. The moment Pinkie came out looking burnt, I saw Rainbow flying in and kicked the dragon. “Oh no.” I say exhausted. The dragon roared and soon Rainbow came tumbling out. I heard a hissing sound and turned to see fire racing to us. On instinct, I activated my energy dome to block the flames. When the flames stopped, I got into my battle stance incase a fight broke out.

“How dare you!” was the next thing I heard before seeing Fluttershy dash in front of me. The dragon flinched at her voice while I was shocked that my body flinched as well. I saw she started to talk to the dragon but the noise seemed to be blocked out as I was silently freaking out at how my body instinctively cowered away from Fluttershy’s ‘stare’. By the time I was brought out of my freak out session, the dragon was flying away. I looked away from my shaking hands to see the girls hyping up Fluttershy for standing up to a dragon. 'What just happened?' I thought to myself.

We all headed back to Ponyville to enjoy the rest of the day. I spent my day meditating on what happened. I didn’t get to far because Spike was making food before the night hit.

Flash back end

The days after that were nothing of note, but Twilight did have a slumber party while I took the saiyans out for training to push their pain tolerance. I bushed them to their limit, as I'm sure their now at least as strong a Frieza force member. The next day, I noticed that Gilda came back as she started to come to the training sessions. But now there was something about today that threw me off as the center of Ponyville was empty. Something in my mind was telling me this was important. My thoughts were interrupted as Pinkie grabbed us from the street. It’s then my mind clicks with what today is, the meeting of Zecora. “Hey Pinkie. I see that we’re all here, so what’s up?” I ask.

The current occupants of Sugar Cube Corner are the girls and Gilda along with Applebloom. The girls seemed startled by the circumstance, while Gilda and Applebloom were skeptical about the events. “Hey Archie! There’s some spooky enchantress from the Everfree. She’s here to put us in a trance.” Pinkie informs.

I look outside to see her out in the open. I looked back at the group and thought of something that could help the situation. I moved to the door, ignoring the calls of the group and went to greet the zebra. When I reached her, I began to wave to her and talk. “Hey there miss…” I start off.

Seeing that I was greeting her Zecora was introducing herself. “My name is Zecora sir. I would talk more but my presence here seems to cause a stir.” She greeted before nodding and walking off.

I heard the girls running to me to see if I’m ok. “Archoke, are you alright dear? That ghastly Zecora didn’t do anything to you, did she darling?” Rarity asked. I turned to them and had a puzzled look on my face.

“I’m alright Rarity. But the question is why are you all so skittish around Zecora?” I respond. The girls looked around at themselves before looking to me.

I saw Twilight had a spark of recognition in her eyes. “You saw her and thought that we would welcome her, didn’t you?” she asked in a little sorrow. The girls see me looking at them disappointed. They all look worried but I saw that their opinions still don’t move about her.

It’s then that AJ notices that Applebloom is gone. “Applebloom is gone! D’oh, she must have gone after Zecora. That silly filly gonna get herself hurt.” She exclaimed.

Moving fast we all move to the Everfree Forest. Seeing Applebloom nearing Zecora I heard AJ call out to her young sister. As we closed in I saw that everyone minus Spike, Gilda, and Applebloom stepped in a blue flower. I didn’t get much time to think of what they were as Zecora warned us about the plant. “Beware pony folk. Fore those plant are no joke.” She stated.

Looking down at the flowers, I recognize them as we all got out of the clearing. “Oh no. Poison Joke.” I sigh. The girls looked at me as if I knew what happened but we all decided to work on it tomorrow.

The next day

I woke up when something felt different. I struggled a little to get up as I sat on the couch. I got up and saw Twilight with her horn flopping around. She looked at me to say something but her jaw hung open when she saw me. “Hey Twi, what’s wrong?” I asked.

She looked at me as if I was some stranger before something seemed to click. “Is that you Archoke?” she asked me.

The way she asked told me that something was changed about my appearance. I nodded my head as I headed to the bathroom to get cleaned up. As I closed the door, I looked in the mirror and saw my old face. I was so shocked that I stumbled out of the room to Twilight. I saw all the girls in there. The moment they saw me they all got on the defensive.

The moment Twilight saw the reaction of the group she went into damage control. “Hang on don’t attack, it’s Archoke!” she yelled. The group looked to her and back at me with wide eyes.

I looked at them and sighed before moving to the couch. “Well this is crazy but I suppose the day I came here I should’ve expected this.” I commented before standing up. “This is what I looked like before coming here.” I informed before gesturing to myself. The girls looked at me before Pinkie bounced over and hugged me before moving back. Clearing my throat I moved to speak. “I think we should ask Zecora for help.” I say.

“Why would we need Zecora for the afflictions?” Twilight asked.

I remembered the girls didn’t notice the flowers as much as I knew. “She might know how to cure this joke. The cause were those blue flowers she was warning us about. And if not their probably in a book.” I answer. I stood and went to the Everfree to find Zecora. I arrived at the forest after hearing the girls discussing about Zecora.

I arrived at Zecora’s hut in a few minutes. I entered to ask for help and saw Applebloom talking with Zecora. Applebloom looked to see who entered before smiling. “Hey there mister Archoke! What’re you doin’ here?” Applebloom asked.

I looked at her as I smiled to speak. “Hey there Applebloom just came here for the cure for ‘Poison Joke’, that is if miss Zecora has it.” I answered before the girls rushed in.

“Applebloom! You’re in so much trouble filly!” I heard AJ yell. The girls seemed to form a protective circle around me and Applebloom. Seconds pass before I flicker in front of the circle and bow to Zecora.

“I apologize for my friends actions Zecora. Their usually more friendly than this.” I say. I looked back up to the girls to see them nervous.

I looked back at Zecora to see an amused smile at the past actions of me and my group. “It is no problem. I sense this friendship may blossom. If a cure is what you seek. Then let me provide a in a way most unique.” She informs as she gives me a list that had ingredients for the cure. I looked at the list and smiled at her with a thankful nod.

I looked back at my group with a serious look on my features. “You all behave while get the materials for the cure.” I instruct before dashing out the door.

Two hours later

It took a while but at the end of the search Zecora took us to the spa so she could have a large enough body of water to give to us. The girls took the jacuzzi while I just took a stall. The girls spent the rest of their time at the spa while I ended it after a while to train more.

After exiting, I saw Zecora outside and thanked her for her work. After Zecora voiced her appreciation for my words, I flew out to a small field to practice my battle stance and strikes. I practiced the Kame style so I could clear my head from what had happened. This continued to the night.

I ended up back at the library before the sun set. “That was the end to that adventure.” I whispered to myself as I laid on the couch in the library. With a smile on my face I left today for tomorrow.

Time skip: four months and two days

The last couple of months were wild. During the beginning bit of the autumn months there was a small problem that I maybe worse. The small problem became bigger thanks to the girls.

Flashback: two months ago

I was in ‘Sugar Cube Corner’ after Twilight came and asked me to help Mr. and Mrs. Cake for Tia’s visit. She also asked me to tell the saiyans to help around town. Raditz was more accepting of due to me training him instead of what ever Vegeta and Nappa used to do. He went to help decorate so he could show appreciation for a royal who ‘respect and knows the value of low-class saiyans’ as he says. While with Nappa, I had to pull the power card to get him to just lift objects.

I was busy with keeping Pinkie restrained while the Cakes worked. But that worked out as well as it could. It only stopped when Twilight barged in and scolded Pinkie. It was brought to a pause when we noticed Fluttershy coming in to show some creature. My thoughts were halted when I say the creature and my instincts took hold a slight bit. The girls saw as my palm raised with a yellow light showing from it, aimed at the insect. My instincts told me the thing was dangerous left unchecked, and so I aimed a blast at the creature. Everyone saw as the insect stopped and cowered before racing back to Fluttershy. I looked around to see the reaction from the room was of shock. Pinkie seemed to understand that I somewhat knew what it was based off of my reaction. Ending the blast and putting my hand in a familiar position I looked back at the girls with a serious face. “Why is that thing here!? Get rid of it!” I yelled at the group before flickering out and appeared at Zecora’s hut until I didn’t feel the thing there.

Zecora noticed my presence and looked puzzled before asking. “Hello my friend. What made you come here as if the world will end?” I looked at her with a troubled appearance.

Getting my words together, I answered her as blunt as possible. “Parasprites have been found near. Pinkie Pie seems to be taking care of the problem. So don’t worry, they should be gone by tomorrow.” I answered.

The look on Zecora told me she understood what I said and offered her hand to say an unspoken agreement. I took it and shook it. When releasing my grip, I held a list that was in Zecora’s writing style. “To stay in my hut, you have these to hunt.” The list held plant and fungus to get for potions. I stayed in the Everfree forest until nightfall looking for the ingredients.

Next day at noon

The next day I was planning to stay in the everfree before I noticed Twilight’s energy spike to almost triple, outputting a lot of power. I waved to Zecora before flickering into town square. The sight I saw was of carnage. I looked around and saw a swarm of Parasprites chasing after a familiar orange filly as she was holding a photo like a lifeline. Like lightning I was in front of the Parasprites and quickly unleashed a massive blast that rung out in the town. Everything stood stock still as even the pests turned to see me blast a swarm. All that was left was ash as it fell to the ground.

Without looking at the filly my voice rang out to her. “Get to safety. I’ll take care of these pest.” I stated. My voice echoed out as all could tell I was furious. Before anyone could move, I heard the sound of a ‘one-man band’. The next thing I knew, Pinkie was leading the pest from Ponyville in a parade while a few just hurried.

I began to relax as I turned to see a starstruck Scootaloo. “Oh my gosh! That was almost as cool as Rainbow Dash! Thank you!” she exclaimed. I saw the photo she was carrying was of her looking younger and a stallion and mare. They were hugging her as she smiled. She saw where my eyes were looking. She seemed to wilt as I looked back at her. It looked like she expected me to say something. Something told me this was a memento of the past.

“Come on kid, let’s go find your home.” My words seemed to calm her down as she smiled and dragged me off. We ended up somewhere near Rarity’s boutique. The house that Scootaloo walked up to seemed familiar as she knocked on the door.

The door opened to show two mares looking at Scootaloo before hugging her. They looked at her while she explained her day and pointed at the photo then me. The mares looked at me with an analytical eye before smiling and nodding. Scootaloo ran back to me before stopping in front of me. “W-would you mind training me like Rainbow Dash Mr. Archoke?” she asked while giving a puppy dog look.

I grimaced as this was just hard to not fall to. With a sigh, I slumped in defeat. “Alright, but this will be quite hard and there are no shortcuts to what I’m doing. I’ll start your training next year, so be ready.” I state. I saw her face light up like a star before she ran back inside the home. My smile brightened quite a bit to such enthusiasm. Before I walked back to the library. “I hope the kid knows what she wants.” I mutter to myself.

Flashback end

The air was crisp as I saw snow that reminded me of home before I came here. I was walking around to see what could be seen. As I started to hum a certain song, I managed to see ‘Sugar Cube Corner.’

At the counter was Pinkie and she seemed to be in a more cheery mood. I saw that she looked at me with a wide smile as if I told her a new recipe. “Heya Archie! Happy about the holiday?” she asked.

I smiled back as I waved to her. “No, just getting ready for a party for myself.” I answered.

The look on her spoke volumes about her thoughts. “Oh my gosh! A party! What’s the party about?!” she asked.

I wondered if she was thinking about helping me. Thinking it would be nice, I spoke up. “Oh nothing just my birthday. It’s no big deal.” I answered. I saw Pinkie gaping at as if I said sugar wasn’t good.

The next thing I heard was a deafening “WHAT!?” from her. In a burst of speed that I couldn’t keep up with, she bolted out the door before I could respond.

Not knowing what to do next I opted to go take a walk and train more. The day was spent getting my ki control to exact measurements. By the time I realized I was done the day finished. I was on my way back when I heard shuffling. Sensing for ki, I couldn’t figure out who was there as there were a lot. “Strange, but no matter. My party should be good in a couple of days.” I thought out loud.

By the time I got back to the library, the night was well underway. The next couple of days were filled with the ponies prepping something. Each time I tried to figure out what it was, they all just stopped what they were doing and sent me on my way.

The day I planned to celebrate came up after a week. The town was quiet when I walked out. The snow out was as white as flour. I decided to look around for what the town was up to. My first thought was to look from above, so I ignited my ki and started to float until I reached the sky. The town looked peaceful as if a paradise. My gazing lasted until I felt a flare of power at Sweet Apple Acres. Not knowing if it was a danger, I flew as fast as I could to where I felt it.

Getting there, I landed crouched before standing tall, looking back at the area I felt the power. What I saw stunned me. The entirety of Ponyville and the princesses were in a clear patch of grass. What surprised me more was Raditz was there looking like he was nervous. The princesses held a smile, while the towns ponies held awestruck expressions at my entrance. Princess Celestia was the one to break the silence with a chuckle. “My, was such an entrance necessary sir Archoke?” she asked.

My reaction at the jab was to blush and rub my head in embarrassment. “W-well Tia, I didn’t know if there was danger here. So I thought to drag attention to me for safety reasons.” I answered. The crowd laughed at my reaction as they saw the logic in it.

After the crowd quieted down the next thing said was a loud “Happy Birthday Archoke!” from them. The volume of all there managed to knock me on my back. Getting back up, I saw the ponies looking embarrassed at the volume.

Looking around I saw the towns ponies cared for what I believed was me. My face settled down into a smile that was the most genuine in a while. “Thank you all for this.” I said. The ponies looked at me and my smile seemed to bring a light heartedness to them as they smiled.

I heard a filly whisper “That smile feels like a hero's.” causing me to laugh. Looking around I feel like I’m home for the first time since I got here.

The ponies around all cheered as the princesses started the celebration. Deciding to make this a real party, I charged a blast in my hand before lobing it in the air. I saw the ponies look on confused. Even the princesses were curious. Deciding to start it on my own accords, I raised my hand at the ki ball and made it explode like a fire work. Looking back I saw nothing but looks of awe and amazement. “Sir Archoke, you seem to know how to liven a celebration don’t you?” I heard Luna ask.

Facing her, I smiled before I was swarmed by all the fillies and colts asking about me. Some were asking about what I could do while others asked how I know the princesses. After a while the younger ones calmed down for the day. The air held a jolly feeling about it, like it did back home. I looked around and saw the one thing I never thought I would see. A photo of my family all together for a picture.

Rushing at it, I didn’t notice the crowd that formed around me. I stopped a couple feet before it. I took a couple of hesitant steps towards the image. I grabbed the photo before looking at it in full view. I held the photo in my hands before a hand was on me. I turned and saw Luna looking sheepishly smiling. “I may have gone into your memories and saw these creatures and thought you would know them. I figured that you would not mind seeing them again. D-do you like it?” she asked.

Looking at her, the crowd saw something they never thought they would see from my normally cool exterior. I started to cry tears of joy before I rushed in and hugged her as I trembled. I held on like she was a lifeline. “Thank you.” I whispered trying not to shutter from the emotions. This seemed to catch her of guard as I felt her flinch. Letting her go, I saw the ponies in shock from my actions. I wiped away the tears so I could address Luna properly. “You’ve given me the best thing I could get; I can now at least see my old family. You have my eternal thanks, Princess Luna.” I answered.

Backing away I saw the crowd still shellshocked at my display. I chuckled at the situation that I accidently created. “That’s not all sir Archoke. My sister and I got something else to give you. It’s to show you something that we hope to see.” Celestia informed. I looked and saw a box in the Princesses auras. Turning to see what’s in the box, I took it and opened it. I saw an exact replica of my Time Patrol armor, but with a minor detail change. The Time patrol symbol was the symbol of the two sisters. I smiled but said nothing.

I took the armor out and placed it above the one I was wearing already and to my surprise the two merged. I saw everyone looking at me with flabbergasted looks clear on their faces. The princesses were looking at my shocked expression and just smiled. “This is perfect. I can’t ask for another thing. Thank you all.” I stated. I smiled wider than ever before and saw the others follow suit. It soon turned to a band of merriment as music was playing and everyone ate. We all play games and others told stories.

Seeing an opportunity for a story of my own, I decided to tell of Goku's beginning. Right as I got to the first tragedy of old man Gohan the crowd was already in tears. Many were sympathetic about Goku's beginning. The story picked up as the mention of Goku's power pole was first mentioned. I was careful as to not mention the dragon balls so the ponies didn't get any ideas remembering Shenron's warning. As I went to the area of a certain blue imp, the crowd was drawn in as I told the climax. The party lasted till the sisters changed the day to night.

The day ended with me, Twilight, and Spike going to sleep but I was the only one up. Siting up on the couch I was sleeping on I looked to the stars before I look back at the photo of my family and let loose a tear. “Please be safe mom. Stay strong so I can see you again at least one more time. I promise to see you again.” I whisper. Clearing my eye I laid down before sleeping with my words ringing in my head and a smile appeared.

The elements are seen flying over the Time patrol logo as it fades to me and the main six.

“That was a great party, now what’s next”

“Master Archoke, when are we gonna train”

“calm down squirt, this’ll be hard”

“Remember when you started Rainbow”

“Like when I beat you in that race”

“Not this again, maybe it'll stop at the flying competition.”

Next time on MLP Time Patrollers Quest

“Energy and flight. Rivals of the fight. A Sonic Rainboom?”

Author's Note:

hey just a quick update for the holidays and remember

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good year!

Comments ( 1 )

More good

Login or register to comment