• ...
13
 15
 489

"time patrollers 1st mission. Trials of the night. Check in time patroller Archoke."

Time patrollers 1st mission. The trials of the night. Check in time patroller Archoke.

Everfree forest

1st pov

As me and the girls exit the library, I feel a presence deep in the forest. “Hmmmm.” This gathers the girls’ attention.

“Hey big guy, something wrong?” Rainbow asks. That shakes me out of my thoughts.

”Oh uh, yeah why?” I respond.

Twilight chimes in. “You seem distracted, are you sure you’re, ok?”

“Yeah just, it’s weird I’m kind of exited for an actual fight with her.” I state. This triggers a variety of facial expressions from them, ranging from fear to curiosity to even confusion.

As we enter the forest the one to break the silence is Twilight. “Has any pony been in the Everfree before?”

“Nopony comes since the everfree is unnatural the plants grow on their own.” AJ responds.

“The weather moves on its own, and the animals take care of themselves.” Rainbow and Fluttershy add.

“Sounds like home to me, I don’t see the big deal.” I interject.

The girls give me a bewildered look. “Wow dude, that’s weird.” Rainbow responds.

“Hi, I’m Archoke, and I’m not judging you.” I joke. After a few seconds I try to stifle a chuckle, while pinkie laughs. “Oh, TFS where would I be without your humor.” I speak.

“Probably not as cheerful.” Pinkie interjects. Her knowing about my reference brings a confused look to my face. Knowing that trying to figure it out would be pointless, shrugging is all I respond with.



After a way of walking, I sense a weird energy below us. By the time I realized what was about to happen it was to late. The ground breaks around us. During this Rainbow and Fluttershy dive in to save the others. At my trouble I will my power or any power to surface, hoping for an answer. I start to feel a warmth inside me. I open my eyes after a minute of waiting to impact the ground. What I see is me floating 15 feet above the ground. I’m shocked to see this but shake it off as I freak out in my head. ‘What!? No way, yeah, I’m flying!’ I look down to see the girls wondering where I am. I shakily float down to them. “Hey, did I miss something?” I inquired. They look at me in complete shock.

The first on to break their shock is Rainbow. “Dude, you can fly!?” she asks excitedly.

“Well, I am a Saiyan.” I state feeling a little pride surfacing.

“Awesome, a new flying buddy.” Rainbow exclaims.

“Hey, save the world first then party, ok?” I inform. The girls nod their heads. After a few meters, rainbow was recalling the event of saving the others. This continued for several minutes.



We were walking for a couple minutes. I noticed a shift in the air. At that moment we hear a growl and soon we see a manticore. “Oh no a manticore we have to get around it.” Twilight announces.

“Take that you ruffian” Rarity states as she kicks the manticore. The manticore retaliates by taking a swipe at her head. “No, my mane!” Rarity replies as she scurries back.

Applejack takes her turn by bull riding the beast. “Yeehaw, ride’em cow pony.” She proceeds to get bucked off. Right then rainbow seizes the attack of opportunity as she takes to the sky to kick the beast in the maw. i began to wonder if the manticore would really be this aggressive in a normal situation.

“girls... Girls... GIRLS” Fluttershy tries to tell the girls.

I take notice of her attempts and decide to help even a if a small bit. I proceed to shout, “Hey, Fluttershy has something to say”. I gesture for her to speak up.

“Oh my, thank you, ahem I think something is wrong with the poor guy.” She infers.

“Little guy?” rainbow ponders.

“Eyup” I interject.

“Oh, you poor baby, your just hurt aren’t you.” Fluttershy coos. As she sees his paw, she proceeds to pull out the thorn that was there. A roar ensues and the manticore jumps atop Fluttershy and licks her.

As we pulled away from the manticore cuddles, as Fluttershy put it, we walked a mile just discussing how I can do what I can do. “So Archoke, how are you able to use magic and fly?” Twilight asks me.

“Oh well you see, it’s not magic it’s something else. It’s called Ki, a life energy if you will. Every living being can use Ki, but I’m just a novice at using it so it'll be a bit hard to explain, but don’t worry I’ll answer any questions later.” I respond. This results in Twilight pouting at the aspect of not learning something new. Which causes me to chuckle.

“Wait, anypony can use it? That seems dangerous don't ya think.” AJ tacks on. The girls look at me inquisitively.

“Well, it does require a strong body as well as a strong spirit, as does training. But Saiyans are known to break their limits so I assume that I would learn faster.” I inform. This seems to satisfy the girls questions for the moment.

“That’s just it, what is a Saiyan? Are they a new species on Equis?” Twilight asks.

“Well, Saiyans are a warrior race. They live for a challenge. The prospect of being strong is everything to them. This also means that they are cruel and vicious as a product of their environment. Only two of us are an exception, myself and Kakarot or Son Goku for many.” I inform.

“Wait, why does he have two names?” Rainbow asks.

“Ahhhh, already catching on. Kakarot is his saiyan name, Goku is his earth name. He was raised by a kind old man called Son Gohan, his grandpa since he was a few months.” I answer.

"Hang on, was? What do you mean was? And what about the rest of the Saiyan's, what happened to them?” Twilight asks a little unsure if the answer is a good one.

I unintentionally look solemnly at the stars knowing the story, waiting a moment to hide any emotion know the story is now reality. “That’s a story for later. Its not for the weak of heart, as that story is quite dark.” I regretfully inform. That answer yields a change in the mood. The girls’ opinions of me seems to change quite a bit to sympathetic at that information. The walk seems to turn solemn for the time.



A few more minutes of walking pass. “Oh, my eyes need a rest from all this icky muck.” Rarity wined. This is when the forest darkens as if to respond. “I didn’t mean that literally.” she huffed.

“This is terrible, there could be anything in this darkness.” Twilight warned. As the comment was mentioned the trees warped to shadowed faces of anger. This garners a round of screams from most of the girls. I look onwards with a smirk, knowing what’s next.

“I wouldn’t worry about this little darkness; this is just a setback. Just calm down and think about the end goal.” I say as I begin to levitate to meditate trying to figure out how this power worked; to see a technique.

3rd pov

As the girls heard Archoke’s words twilight tried to call out to him, they don’t receive a response. The only sound they heard was a weird sound. they decided to look back at their friend, and what followed was something that was the most shocking thing. They saw a faint white fire appearing on their saiyan friend. The fire seemed to have a red glow inside the center. The fire gave a feint light to see each other. They had questions but notice that he doesn’t seem to even notice that it even occurring. The face he’s making is one that brings serenity to even troubled souls. This gives Pinkie an idea. She starts to giggle at the trees. This is met with confusion from the others. “Pinkie what are you doing? Are you crazy? Get away from there.” Twilight pleaded.

“Oh girls, don’t you see...”

“When I was a little filly and the sun was going down”

“Tell me she’s not”

“The darkness and shadows, they would always make me frown.”

“She is”

“I’d hide under my pillow, from what I thought I saw.

But GrannyPie said that wasn’t the way to deal with fears at all.”

“Then what is?”

“She said Pinkie, you gotta stand up tall! Learn to face your fears!

You’ll see that they can’t hurt you. Just laugh and make them disappear!

Ha! Ha! Ha!”

*gasp*

“So, giggle at the ghostly!

Guffaw at the grossly

Crack up at the creepy

Woop it at the weepy

Chortle at the kooky

Snortle at the spooky

And tell that big dumb scary face to take a hike and leave you alone and if he thinks he can scare you then he’s got another thing coming

And the very idea of such a thing just makes you wanna...

Hahahaha... heh...

Laaaaaaaaaaaugh!”

The girls fall around each other laughing. The experience bringing them closer as friends.

1st pov

As I hear the ending verse of the song I return to the girls. “So, it seems you figured it out, huh?” I inquire turning of my aura. The sudden input of my voice made them jump to their hooves quickly, almost comedically. The head turns I saw were enough to cause whiplash.

“What do you mean? Did you know something? What was that aura?” Twilight asks a bit frantic. I back up at the interrogation.

“Calm down there Twi.” Applejack interjects. “But what was that light there Archoke?” she adds.

At the mood shift I begin to chuckle a bit. This made the girls look at me in complete confusion. “What’s so funny there, big guy?” Rainbow irritatedly asks.

“W-well it’s funny how fast the mood shifted is all. And to the other questions in order are I felt no harm coming so I decided to meditate to figure out somethings. The aura you were talking about was my ki. It was part of the things I wanted to figure out.“ I answer.

“But what is ki? You treat it like magic, but it feels like something else.” Twilight asks frantically.

“Well how about later and we can all sit down and ask some questions about each other. That seems fair, right?” I answer. The answer was enough for each of the girls to calm down.



The walk continued on, as time passed, we all noticed a raging river. “Hmmmm, lets follow to see if there’s a bridge.” I suggest knowing what’s up ahead.

We did as I suggested and soon, we heard crying. We eventually came across a weeping serpent. Knowing what takes place here I opt to not interact going back to my meditation. I was using the time to prep a technique to help in an inevitable fight.

3rd pov

The girls seemed to not notice their saiyan friend behind them as they walk over to the somber serpent. “Oh, this is just awful, just so dreadful. How completely cruel.” The serpent wailed. Causing the river to rage harder.

“Excuse me sir, what’s the matter?” Twilight asked.

“Oh, it’s just too horrible. My moustache had been torn off by this horrid purple mist. It’s horrible I say.” The serpent whined.

“That’s all?” Rainbow complained.

"That's what all the fuss is about?" AJ added.

“Why of course it is darling, there’s no need to be rude. Why just look at these luminescent scales, and the expertly cropped mane. The poor dear had his coiffure ruined. It must have dazzling to see darling. I simply cannot let this crime go unfixed.” Rarity stated.

Rarity simply walked up and took one of the scales off of the serpent. “Ouch, that hurt.” He complained. What followed was Rarity cut off her tail, then 'fixed' his moustache.

“There, much better.” Rarity said satisfied.

“Rarity, your tail.” Twilight sadly stated.

“Oh, no worries darling short tails are in season. Besides it'll grow back.” Rarity deflected.

1st pov

As I get back from my meditation, I quickly notice the river has calmed down. “Well, this might go better than I thought.” I chuckle. I turn to see the girls have calmed the serpent down. Walking over to them I interrupt their cheers. “It seems like I’m just muscle at the moment.” I interrupt.

“What the hay? How do you keep disappearing dude?” Rainbow asks annoyed.

“Just keep an eye out, that and I didn’t want to interrupt your progress.” I answer. “Well, time we should get across, don’t you think so?” I inquire. At that I fly across while the serpent named Steve carried them across.

3rd pov

“Hmmmm, it seems that this won’t do. I’ll send in another variable to see if something changes.” A shadow figure said vanishing in a purple fog. At the same time two figures appears, one with long spiky hair, the other tall, bald, and bulky.

“Wait where’s Kakarot? Where am I?” the shorter of the two figures said. After the momentary confusion a device on his ear rapidly beep ahead of him. The noise piques their curiosity and wills them to follow.

“Hmmph. Who cares there’s a strong power level further in this forest. Let’s just move on we’ll meet Prince Vegeta later. Let’s check it out.” The taller one said. At that they fly off to find the rogue power.

1st pov

After a bit of walking with the group I feel a weaker power level approaching. “That’s strange, why would something be closing in on us this quick?” I murmur but not quietly enough.

“What up big guy, something wrong?” Rainbow asks.

“Yeah Archie, what’s wrong?” Pinkie adds.

As the exchange happens a stray blast hit near us, causing the girls to shriek in fear. “Ha ha ha, it seems you missed those weaklings Raditz.” A new voice shouted amused.

“Quiet Nappa, besides that was a warning shot.” ‘Raditz’ shouted back.

While the two Saiyans shouted about without a care in the world I warned the girls to get back, “Careful girls, these two are those who shouldn’t be underestimated.” “Hey, if two are done bickering I’d like it if you didn’t scare my friends like that.” I yelled at the two.

“Raditz, take care of the fodder.” Nappa ordered.

“Fine. Here weakling I’ll fight you. Haaaaa!!!” Raditz yelled as he dashed towards me intent on harming the group.

“Oh no you don’t. Kyaaaaa!!!” I retort barreling through him expecting a stronger opponent. Noticing at how easy it was to ‘defeat’ Raditz I smile sheepishly. “Oops, eh heh heh heh.” I chuckle at my opponent’s unfortunate luck.

Raditz had swirling eyes from how hard he was hit. This simple display of power caught Nappa off guard. He saw the power level I had displayed on the scouter briefly was 18,000 before exploding. This was enough to slightly shake him up. “W-What!? How strong are you?” Nappa cautiously pondered. "N-No matter you will fall to the great Nappa." He proudly states as he stepped up to try his luck against me.

“Well Nappa, I suggest you stand down, there’s no reason to fight. Go and take this saiyan and leave.” I suggest flaring my aura to scare Nappa.

The wind that this causes to kick up was a little alarming to the girls but still awe-inspiring more so for Twilight. “This is ki? This is incredible. You can feel the power in the air.” Twilight comments.

The suggestion to Nappa sounded more like a demand and proceeded to infuriate him and launch himself at me. “I’m an elite warrior this can’t be my happening.” He raged. His sloppy rush was quickly done with after grabbing his arm to pull him towards me and swiftly but softly chopping his neck.

At that moment Raditz wake up to see Nappa dealt with as I come out the victor and proceeds to cower in place. “Hey, keep an eye on Nappa. I’ll come back with a deal that you both might like or you can come find me, and don’t worry it’s about getting stronger.” I offer. The only response I get is a shaky nod.

The girls don’t seem all onboard with my offer. “Are you sure that’s a good idea sugercube?” Applejack inquires.

I shoot a grin. “Don’t worry if there’s one thing a saiyan can’t resist, it’s getting stronger.” I respond. “Well, lets get going, I think we’re getting close.”

3rd pov

“This is great for my research, there’s so much data.” Fu states gleefully. “Let’s see what happens next.”

1st pov

After walking for what seemed like a while, we finally reached the chasm before the castle of the two sisters. With each step closer knowing what’s up ahead instead of feeling scared, I instead feel excited. ‘What a weird feeling. It’s like I crave to have this fight.’ I think.

During my monologue Twilight walks towards the cliff. As she reaches the edge, it gives away causing here to scream before Rainbow pulls her back. “Wow, what’s with you falling off cliffs today?” Rainbow jokes. This receives a snicker from Pinkie and me.

“The bridge seems to be out. Any other method?” I ask.

“Don’t worry big guy, I got this. Just hang on tight.” Rainbow answered as she flew across.

3rd pov

As Rainbow reach the other side with rope, she spots the stake, hooking the bridge up. “There we go now to head back.” She spoke.

“Rainbow dash.” a voice spoke.

The sudden voice caused dash to look around. “Who’s out there, show yourself.” Rainbow shouts.

A figure comes out of the darkness along with two others. The first seemed to be the original voice. “Hello there, Rainbow dash. We’ve been looking for you.” The mare said.

“Why, have you heard of me?” Rainbow brags.

“Yeah, we want you for the Shadow Bolts. We’re the best fliers this side of the everfree.” The shadow bolt leader said.

“Oh sweet, let me just tie this off then we can-“ Rainbow says but gets interrupted.

“No, just leave the monkey and the others to join us.” The shadow bolt interrupts.

On the other side of the chasm the girls were getting worried. Twilight being the most worried. “Rainbow don’t listen to them.” Twilight yells.

Back at Rainbow, the shadow bolt noticed this and like magic her goggles glowed yellow, causing the fog to thicken. “Well, what’ll it be, us or them?” The mare asks smugly thinking she won.

“Wow, thanks. For the offer I mean, but I’ll have to decline. Sorry.” Rainbow states as she ties off the rope bridge. The shadow bolts just hiss and disappear in a dark purple mist.

1st pov

My attention is caught by Rainbow flying back. “I’d never leave a friend hanging.” She admits proudly.

“Never doubted you for a sec there Rainbow.” I praise. Seeing everyone else walk across the bridge I opt for flight to save time. As we arrive, I start to feel a little rush at the thought of a challenge forcing a smile on my face. “This is a Saiyan’s pride, eh? Well let’s see where this fight leads to.” I think out loud. All I gain is confused looks at my comment.

Hey guys

Whew these challenges are a little long huh

You got that right big guy

Girls a doozy is coming

Uh oh, I wonder what will happ’n

Everypony help, The elements are in reach

Hang on Twilight

Next time on MLP time patrollers quest

A Saiyans limits broken. saiyan vs nightmare. Power of friendship