• Published 21st Sep 2012
  • 9,265 Views, 865 Comments

The Gemmed Satyr - The Rarispy



(The Gems Trilogy: Episode 2) Rarity is desperate to find her special somepony, but somepony else has a crush on her...

  • ...
32
 865
 9,265

This Is It

“RARITY! Are you home?”

“F-Fluttershy!?”

“Oh, um… I’m sorry. I’m not disturbing you, am I?”

I became so excited by the crowds cheering my name outside… that I just realized I was bursting into Rarity’s house and shouting her name… which was very rude of me.

“Well… not really. I was about to retire to my room and curl up with a nice book, to try to ease my mind.”

Wow… I forgot how soothing it is to hear her voice. Such a beautiful sound…

“Why, is something the matter? It’s not something urgent, is it?”

Oh, dear… I don’t like it when she gets close to me like this. Well… I do, she makes me feel warmer, but…

It’s hard to not kiss her.

“Well, it’s… um, sort of, I— H-How is your search going?”

“Search?”

“Your search to find the perfect— perfect stallion? I saw you had a… had a speed dating thing set up yesterday.”

“Oh. That.”

Oh, no. Now she looks sad… I can’t bear to see her so sad.

“Well… not very well, actually. In fact, pretty terrible. First, I find a stallion who turns out to be a stupid, hor— I mean, a very rude character. Things with me and Fancy Pants didn’t work out, and… well, you can probably guess how my little speed dating adventure went.”

“Oh… my.”

I’m not sure what to feel right now. I mean, I am glad that I still haven’t lost my chance, and Rarity still doesn’t have a special somepony after all this time.

And yet… I don’t know. I almost feel ashamed for feeling happy about it. Rarity is probably really sad right now, and lonely… I sure hope those stallions didn’t break her heart too badly…

Oh dear, I’m crying, aren’t I?


The reason I was going up to read my book was to try to forget about my troubles. It’s my favorite novella, Pretty Pony Over the Marble Bridge. It always helps me relax when I’m feeling down in the dumps, and after a whole day and a half of feeling sorry for myself, it could be just what I need right now.

Of course… a book can never truly replace a very good friend when you need some comforting. When you think of it that way…

Maybe Fluttershy can help me. She’s my best friend, and has always been there whenever I needed comforting. And she’s one of the kindest ponies I know. I can always rely on her to be a good, caring friend. Yes. Thank goodness she showed up.

Wait… why did she come here? She still hasn’t told me that yet.

“Fluttershy?”

“Y-Yes?”

Wait, is she… Oh, my.

“Oh Fluttershy, I’m so sorry! I didn’t mean to make you cry! Here, have a tissue.”

“It’s— it’s okay, I’m fine. Thanks.”

“What was it you wanted?”

“What?”

“Well, you came in shouting my name. Did something happen?”


“Oh!”

That’s right… the reason I came here.

I need to finally tell her.

But is now the perfect time? Would she be too…

No! No more excuses! I can’t do this anymore! I can’t just keep running away and feeling miserable afterwards.

I have to do this.

“Well, you see… there was— there was a reason. S-something I needed to tell you…”

“Oh. Well, what is it?”

Gulp.

“I— Rarity, I— Oh, this is so hard…”

Why can’t I just say it already?


“Darling, are you alright? You look tense.”

It’s true, she looks very nervous. She’s shaking a little bit, and even starting to sweat.

“I’m just… nervous.”

“What’s wrong?”


Ohhhh…

“It’s just, this is something really important… And it’s something that I’ve been waiting a very long time to tell you…”

“I-I don’t understand.”

She looks deeply, genuinely confused right now. One brow raised over the other and everything.

She still looked pretty, though. Especially that hair, and her eyes…

No, can’t get distracted now!


“You— you know how you’ve been looking for the perfect pony to date? Hoping to finally find your special somepony?”

“Well… yes, but what does that to do with—”

I could be your special somepony.

Oh, not this again…

“Dear, I’m sorry, but I can’t hear you. You really need to speak u— What are you doing?”

Why is she suddenly leaning in so close to me? What is—

SMOOCH!

Kissing me.

She’s… she’s kissing me. On the lips. Not on my cheek, or my horn, or my nose…

This is straight-up first base on the lips.

But… but why?


“I COULD BE YOUR SPECIAL SOMEPONY!”

“I— W-What?”

“I could be your special somepony, Rarity!”

“Fluttershy, what in Equestria are you talking about!?”

“Yes, I could! And you know why? Because… because… BECAUSE I LOVE YOU!”

“…P-Pardon?”

“I love you, Rarity! I always have! Since I first moved here to Ponyville! I’ve loved you, and I’ve been trying to tell you that I love you for such a long time, but I was always too scared to say anything! But now I’m saying it! I love you Rarity, and I want to be your special somepony!”

Why isn’t she saying anything? Should I open my eyes?

Here goes nothing.

Shocked.

She looks… shocked. Her mouth is hanging open, and her eyes are wide. It sounded like she was trying to say anything, but was speechless.

When is she going to—

“How... HOW DARE YOU!”

“H-h-huh?”

“Why would you take advantage of me like that, Knowing of all the heartbreak I’ve just been through!? You can’t just come in here, ask me what’s wrong, and then… then, DO THAT!”

What does she mean? What is she saying?

“I-I’m sorry. I didn’t— I wasn’t trying to— I just though that…”

“Thought what, huh? OUT WITH IT!”

“EEP! I-I-I don’t know!”

She’s never yelled at me like this before…


I see what’s going on here now.

This is some kind of sick joke.

She must’ve decided that with my bad luck with stallions, she would play a little joke, as if to say I would have better luck dating mares instead.

How… how rude of her. Why would she even do this?

“That was absolutely disgusting and revolting what you just did, Fluttershy! I-I can’t even believe you would do something like this to me! I thought you were my best friend!”

“I’m— I’m sorry, Rarity… I didn’t mean t—”

“Sorry!? SORRY!? After that shameful display, all you have to say for yourself is sorry?”


No.

This wasn’t supposed to happen…

“Why would you do that, Fluttershy? You know how I feel about mare-amorers! This is the sort of thing I would expect from somepony like Rainbow Dash! HOW COULD YOU!”

Rejection.

She’s rejecting me. I can’t believe it.

Not only does she not love me back… but he’s really angry at me! She hates me for doing that to her!

Hates me… That’s it. She must hate my guts now. Forget still being friends. She’s probably far past that now.

Her eyes weren’t calm and beautiful now. Now they were sharp and full of hate, and rage. They were like sharp daggers digging right into my heart…

And I could barely even see them anymore. My eyes were too full of tears.


Wait… is she…

She’s crying.

Why is she—

Oh, no. Did I lay it on a little too harsh?

I mean, I was mad about her prank, and rightly so, but… was I going too far?

This is Fluttershy of all ponies. She’s so emotionally fragile, and still my best friend…

This whole love problem is stressing me out more than I realized. First that outburst at the restaurant, and now this… I shouldn’t be yelling at my friends like this.

Especially not Fluttershy! Even if what she just did was men, she doesn’t deserve this. She’s so emotionally fragile, and despite that prank, she’s still my best friend…

“Fluttershy, I—”

“No..”

“What?”

“NO!”

“Fluttershy, wait! Where are you going?”


My friends probably all saw me. I heard them calling my name as I ran out, but I ignored them all. I kept my eyes tightly shut. I couldn’t see where I was running anymore. And it still didn’t stop my tears from gushing out like a faucet.

I couldn’t stay. I had to get out of there.

I couldn’t bear to look at her. At Rarity. My Rarity. No, NOT my Rarity. Never again.